PCOS Club!

Sunshine -- I had a CD21 bloodwork done before and it confirmed I did not ovulate that month. I chart my BBT with FF since Jan 2011 and never had a clear nice pattern. FF only showed I ovulated in April but I somehow think I didn't because of the pattern. It wasn't a normal looking one. OPKs have been negative all these while. I took Soy the last 3 cycles and nothing changed. Hopefully Clomid would shift something in me... but today is CD12 and I am starting to get negative vibe.

Sunshine -- I had a CD21 bloodwork done before and it confirmed I did not ovulate that month. I chart my BBT with FF since Jan 2011 and never had a clear nice pattern. FF only showed I ovulated in April but I somehow think I didn't because of the pattern. It wasn't a normal looking one. OPKs have been negative all these while. I took Soy the last 3 cycles and nothing changed. Hopefully Clomid would shift something in me... but today is CD12 and I am starting to get negative vibe.

Hi, I've 'graduated' from this thread but I still check it every now and then if I can offer any advice. I assume your cycles arent regular? mine weren't. I too got confirmation of no ovulation using a blood test on CD21. CD 23 got Clomid with the intention to wait for :witch: to start my first round and 2 1/2 weeks later I found out I was pregnant. I ovulated late and not even tests could figure that one out so have faith:thumbup:. I too couldn't get a positive OPK for months and BBT were all over the charts. It can happen, my advice would be to continue to :sex: after CD21 because you never know. Looking back at it now, getting a neg ovulation blood test was actually good for me, because after that I stopped temping, OPK's and just relaxed bc I thought id have to wait for AF and in that meantime babydanced with the DH. I did the math and the month I got pregnant I ovulated on cd28- a long shot from when I always thought I ovulated

Hope this helps :hugs:

Congratulations LadyE, wow what a story!! That happened to me too before i had the mc, thought id ovulated on cd 18, didnt and then did on cd27 and fell preggers!! Luckily i ovulate on cd 18 ish when on clomid so its a lot easier to tell but im going to carry on the :sex: for a while after just in case!!

Yellow, Hi chick, hopefully the clomid works for you .... dont necessarily expect to ovulate cd 14 though as one of the things clomid does is to help your eggs mature so it may make your cycle slightly longer so keep doing the OPKs and more importantly keep doing the :sex:

:dust:

xxx

hello ladies well i can say i will be here now not just in the ttc section. i have been TTC since Jan 09 and today i was given Metformin so i will be trying this to see if this helps us get our little bean :)

i cant wait :) xx

Good luck with the Metformin, hopefully it doesn't give you bad side effects. Luckily for me I don't suffer with them so hopefully you won't too :)

xxxx

Hi Ladies,

Im new too this forum after months of reading all for your posts, I have finally gotten the courage to join. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 14 and can count on one hand how many times naturally I have had my AF. I have been put on metformin and have just upped my dosage to 1000mg as 500mg didnt help AF appear. I have monthly "O" pains and every sign of AF but no bleeding and am very confused to whether I actually "O" and my doctor doesnt seem worried as all my bloods came out ok and I am still only 27.

My husband and I are hoping that upping the dosage will help but I am worried that maybe we will never have a bub of our own :cry:

Hi Mrsfazz

Sorry to hear that you have been having problems for so long, if you dont have a period then its unlikely that you have actually ovulated, have they spoke about clomid?? That has had great results with ladies that dont ovulate on their own.

Yes you will have your own bub :baby:, its a long hard road for some of us but there are so many success stories out there, whenever you are feeling down look at some of the LTTTC success stories and know that you will be there soon enough too

:hugs: xxx

Thanks Clobo!

I have thought about clomid but I am still wanting to lose another 25kg after already losing 25 in the last 6mths. I am trying to stay positive and hoping that by losing the last 25kg it may help. I will 100% look into once I have lost the last bit of weight if we have no success with my AF by then. Plus my doctor wont give it too me until I have lost more weight which is even more frustrating as he actually wants me to lose another 36kg. :growlmad:

Sending you lots of positive vibes and thoughts your way with your TTC journey!:flower:

Clobo I broke down and tested a day early since I had no signs of AF coming and pretty sure I got a BFN, I figured being a day early I should have some type of line, could this be normal even for 1 day early? With my other kids I was already really late before I realized I was late, so never had an issue with line showing up lol....guess I will wait to see if AF shows for a couple days then take another, I hate waiting lol...but I've been text book every 28 days first thing in the morning she shows, so we shall see tomorrow...

Hiya

Aw Johnson im sorry, although how many dpo are you?? Even the most regular cycles can have a wobble every now and then and sometimes implantation can be later rather than earlier meaning that you could be preggo but levels of HCG just not high enough yet. Dont count yourself out yet lady!!

Since I didn't do any opks and I don't chart, only thing I can go by is calendar so it would make 14dpo. I will wait n see what tomorrow brings, my doc appt is Monday for my clomid though :)

:wave:
My FS's secretary finally gave me some news. I had my CD21 tests done on the 11th August and have only just heard the results. I did not ovulate on my 1st round of Clomid :nope: so this time my FS is upping my dosage of Clomid to 100mg, he wants me to do a CD13 ultrasound scan and a CD21 blood test. :thumbup: I've got a doctors appt next Friday to get some more Provera & Clomid.
Things are looking up!...I hope!
We have a holiday booked for next July, luckily we've only put a deposit down at the mo so if I get a BFP then we can always amend the holiday to a much earlier date or cancel it completely. Even though I really, really would like to go on holiday, I can't give up TTC :baby: so we'll just have to see what happens.
That's all the news from me really, Provera will commence next Friday so I'll be on my 2nd round of Clomid soon :happydance:

:dust::dust:
xxxx

Well I caved and tested.. Negative :( I had a little glimpse of hope since I started metformin.. I'm cd38 now. Going to the doctor/midwife so she can look over my ultrasound scan from my other doctor and figure out where to go from there..

No :witch: when I woke up, tested again think it's still a BFN, thankfully my appointment is Monday so he can figure out where :witch: went again, feels like a setback because I became textbook every 28 days last 2 months :(

Hey ladies please can i join. As my siggy says i've got PCOS :( Had 6 cycles of Clomid and ovulated each time but it didn't work so i've been referred for IVF. I'm now on CD 100+ as i haven't had a period since my last cycle of clomid in May.

Starting to get my down a bit :( xx

Hi i am new to this thread. i am 36yrs have a 12yrs old son and just found out that i have pcos in my right ovary and my left ovary is fine. i will like to know if any of you heard about pcos just to one ovary? thanx

Hi Lisa, I just started on Clomid as well. They say pcos women can be resistant to Clomid. Are you insulin resistant as well?

LRussell, some people just have a polycystic ovary. It takes some symptoms to diagnose whether you have pcos or not. I have polycystic ovaries (diagnosed by gyn, FS says I don't) but I'm not sure I have PCOS yet until I bring my lab results to my FS. I seem to be within the range for most of them but I think I caught it in time and it was probably going to become worse if I kept up my old lifestyle. Have you had lab tests done?

Hi Lisa, I just started on Clomid as well. They say pcos women can be resistant to Clomid. Are you insulin resistant as well?

LRussell, some people just have a polycystic ovary. It takes some symptoms to diagnose whether you have pcos or not. I have polycystic ovaries (diagnosed by gyn, FS says I don't) but I'm not sure I have PCOS yet until I bring my lab results to my FS. I seem to be within the range for most of them but I think I caughh and cbct it in time and it was probably going to become worse if I kept up my old lifestyle. Have you had lab tests done?

i am scheduled to have lab works for smac 25, testosterone, fsh/lh and cbc next week.

LRussell, some people just have a polycystic ovary. It takes some symptoms to diagnose whether you have pcos or not. I have polycystic ovaries (diagnosed by gyn, FS says I don't) but I'm not sure I have PCOS yet until I bring my lab results to my FS. I seem to be within the range for most of them but I think I caught it in time and it was probably going to become worse if I kept up my old lifestyle. Have you had lab tests done?

Hope Clomid works for u hun xx The doc or FS have never said anything about insulin resistance so i dont know :shrug: xx

I read that if you are insulin resistant, clomid shd be taken with metformin. I'm not insulin resistant so not sure it would have any effects on me at all :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->