PCOS Club!

Hi Kubb!

wow im in such a similar position to you! my parents have backed me up 100%, saying that they completely understand where I am coming from and that they think I am doing the right thing. I know that there is a chance that I could get pregnant when I'm slightly older, but if I waited and then found out that it was going to be more difficult than I thought, I don't think I could forgive myself for not trying to earlier. And, at the end of the day, I'm in a committed relationship, and don't feel as though I would be rushing into anything. Me and my partner have already discussed this before, and, although it may not be completely ideal, we are ready to try soon.

And its not as if I'm giving up on a career. I am due to graduate from university this june, and I'm not going to actively try until after then.

how much treatment have you had so far? Did they put you on the pill first? I see you're doing clomid currently, is that the only thing you've tried so far? how long have you been ttc?

My main concern at the moment is telling OH's family...I don't see it going down too well! xx

Hello :wave:

That's good that your parents understand and back you up, I think it's really important to have your parents behind you so I'm glad they're there for you. :thumbup:

Since I was diagnosed I've been poked and prodded from all angles and places.:rofl: I've had what feels like a million blood tests, I had an internal scan too which wasn't too bad really as well as some vaginal swabs.
I was put on 2 x 850mg Metformin daily and am still taking them now and am now taking Provera to bring on my bleeding to start my 2nd Clomid cycle. I was on 50mg but I there wasn't any signs of ovulation so my Gyno/FS has upped my dose to 100mg Clomid. He's now asked me to have a CD13 scan done as well as a CD21 blood test.
Matt and I have been TTC for 2 years now, we started early after finding out I had PCOS. We knew how long the road would be to have our own baby. Oh, Matt had his :spermy: test done too and thankfully he's got 70-80million so we know for sure it's just me with the problem.

They didn't put me on the pill, I went straight to Metformin. I had been on the pill since I was 12 to about 16 and that didn't help with my lack of periods, my body just struggles to bleed naturally so I knew the pill did nothing for me. The doctor that actually listened to me said that they shouldn't have put me on the pill because the pill tells your body that you're pregnant and then had a mc so that's why you bleed on the pill, he said it was helping me at all, just hiding the fact that there was a problem.

I wouldn't worry too much about your OHs parents, they probably won't understand as well as your parents do. Matt and I have touched on the subject with his parents but I don't want them knowing the ins and outs of my problem also, Matt's parents like to have an opinion about everything and their opinion always has to be right so that's why I'm happy for them not to know what's going on.

xxx

The doctor that actually listened to me said that they shouldn't have put me on the pill because the pill tells your body that you're pregnant and then had a mc so that's why you bleed on the pill, he said it was helping me at all, just hiding the fact that there was a problem.

I wouldn't put it that way exactly. Of course, when you have PCOS and you go on BCP, you need to know that it's not curing you. But it's not exactly JUST hiding the problem either. It does a number of good things for you. PCOS is not just about wicked periods and no ovulation, it affects a lot of things in your body and not just reproductive area. And unless you find a way to normalize your cycle on vitamins or supplements or weight loss or diet, then living in complete hormonal disarray of everyday PCOS is not exactly picnic.

The pill for PCOS women is sort of like insulin for diabetics. It gives you the hormones that your body fails for produce properly on its own from outside.

Sure, if you're TTC, then being on the pill long term is useless. But if you're not and nothing else works to give you more or less normal cycle, then it's not the worst option.

Could you ladies familiar with testosterone testing help me out??

My doctor wants to check my testosterone level because I've become increasingly hairy. What she wrote on my labwork form is "free testosterone" and not "total testosterone". Will only checking my free testosterone be enough to detect a possible problem like PCOS?? I'm confused between the two different kinds of testosterone!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :flower:

The doctor that actually listened to me said that they shouldn't have put me on the pill because the pill tells your body that you're pregnant and then had a mc so that's why you bleed on the pill, he said it was helping me at all, just hiding the fact that there was a problem.

I wouldn't put it that way exactly. Of course, when you have PCOS and you go on BCP, you need to know that it's not curing you. But it's not exactly JUST hiding the problem either. It does a number of good things for you. PCOS is not just about wicked periods and no ovulation, it affects a lot of things in your body and not just reproductive area. And unless you find a way to normalize your cycle on vitamins or supplements or weight loss or diet, then living in complete hormonal disarray of everyday PCOS is not exactly picnic.

The pill for PCOS women is sort of like insulin for diabetics. It gives you the hormones that your body fails for produce properly on its own from outside.

Sure, if you're TTC, then being on the pill long term is useless. But if you're not and nothing else works to give you more or less normal cycle, then it's not the worst option.

That's just what the doctor said to me. For me personally, I don't need the pill and that's what he must have been referring to by saying that the pill was useless but of course, everyone is different and need different medication for many different reasons.

heya girls don't come on here at much these days, but thought i'd pop on and say hello

hope everyone is well, and thinking of some good pma

i've jumped on the diet bandwagon with avengance this time my gyno wants me to loose weight and gets all arsy about it so i'll do it lol i have lost 14lbs in 3weeks which i'm quite proud of. i've had my first af in 3ish years a few weeks ago - which i was quite excited about actually lol!

i'm hoping that with another 10-14lbs i'll be at the right weight and i can kick some butt lol

anyone else have a plan of action atm? :)

heya girls don't come on here at much these days, but thought i'd pop on and say hello

hope everyone is well, and thinking of some good pma

i've jumped on the diet bandwagon with avengance this time my gyno wants me to loose weight and gets all arsy about it so i'll do it lol i have lost 14lbs in 3weeks which i'm quite proud of. i've had my first af in 3ish years a few weeks ago - which i was quite excited about actually lol!

i'm hoping that with another 10-14lbs i'll be at the right weight and i can kick some butt lol

anyone else have a plan of action atm? :)

Hey! Congrats on losing 14lbs! :happydance: I'd be really proud too if I was you! :)
What's your hidden secret? What have you been doing to lose that much?

Good luck with losing another 10-14lbs :) You go girl! :hugs:

Not really sure if I have PCOS, since they couldn't find any cysts but I have other symptoms, so I figured I would follow you guys. :)

Hello Ladies-
I am new to the site. I myself have PCOS and have been ttc for 3 years. We ttc on our own with out any meds no luck. So now I am on Metformin(I normally take this everyday anyways for my diabetes) and finshed my first round of clomid 100mg. I started out with 50mg but never ovulated with it so my OB bumped me up to 100mg of the clomid. Im doing my OPK everyday going on now for almost a week and I keep getting a BFN so now I am starting to get frustrated and worried that I am not going to ovulate. Has anyone ovulated later than normal? I know with the PCOS normally we dont ovulate on our own. I just was not sure if maybe thats something with the PCOS and i just ovulate later than normal.
I am just getting frustrated since my OB told be once I hit 150 mg on clomid and no luck, she will then refer me to a specialst and I just really dont want to have to go the route.

Hey ladies

Witch arrived for me today, im so gutted :cry:

This month ill be on the Low GI diet and exercise train!! Going to lose a bit of weight, tone up and get some good hormones going on!! Might give SMEP a go too!!

Good luck ladies :dust: xxx

Hey ladies

Witch arrived for me today, im so gutted :cry:

This month ill be on the Low GI diet and exercise train!! Going to lose a bit of weight, tone up and get some good hormones going on!! Might give SMEP a go too!!

Good luck ladies :dust: xxx

Sorry Clobo, fingers xxx for next month :)

Hi ladies was wanting some advice :) I was diagnosed with PCOS. I don't ovulate on my own, and I don't have AF either. I was prescribed Provera to induce AF and have had that for two months now. The last cycle I was prescribed Femara for ovulation but the results were annovulatory still. I'm supposed to wait until Saturday and start the next round of Provera again.

The dr said my progesterone was at 0.8 :cry: so even if I could get pregnant it would most likely result in miscarriage. So I will be starting progesterone pills for the next cycle as well.

Just wanting some advice, encouragement, or any comments regarding my treatment plan. I'm hoping the progesterone will eliminate the need for the Provera as I've read that's the case for some women... and I'm really hoping the Femara will make me ovulate this next cycle. Any comments are greatly appreciated!!!

:hi: Ladies,

I was skimming through some of your posts, and I feel so encouraged with your journey and the BFPs in this group.My periods were irregular and have been diagnosed with PCOS last year. I didn't worry about it then as I wasn't ttc. I have been TTC for 8 months now. This year it is a bit better as I have lost around 10 lbs, but its an uphill battle. No matter how much I try, losing weight has been my enemy. Anyways, I saw a FS today, and she is going to put me on 500 mg of Metformin for first week and ramping upto 2000 mg in 4 weeks. I was just wondering about the dosage and wanted to check if any of you ladies are on 2000 mg? I was thinking I would be on 1000-1500 mg.

Just wanted to update that it's Prometrium 200mg the doctor prescribed me... I started a separate thread so if you have any input regarding this medication I would greatly appreciate it!!!

If you want to have a look: https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/743308-prometrium-question.html#post12939147

Hi ladies was wanting some advice :) I was diagnosed with PCOS. I don't ovulate on my own, and I don't have AF either. I was prescribed Provera to induce AF and have had that for two months now. The last cycle I was prescribed Femara for ovulation but the results were annovulatory still. I'm supposed to wait until Saturday and start the next round of Provera again.

The dr said my progesterone was at 0.8 :cry: so even if I could get pregnant it would most likely result in miscarriage. So I will be starting progesterone pills for the next cycle as well.

Just wanting some advice, encouragement, or any comments regarding my treatment plan. I'm hoping the progesterone will eliminate the need for the Provera as I've read that's the case for some women... and I'm really hoping the Femara will make me ovulate this next cycle. Any comments are greatly appreciated!!!

Your progesterone could be low because you didn't ovulate. The follicles start producing the progesterone right after you ovulate. So I wouldn't worry just yet.

:hi: Ladies,

I was skimming through some of your posts, and I feel so encouraged with your journey and the BFPs in this group.My periods were irregular and have been diagnosed with PCOS last year. I didn't worry about it then as I wasn't ttc. I have been TTC for 8 months now. This year it is a bit better as I have lost around 10 lbs, but its an uphill battle. No matter how much I try, losing weight has been my enemy. Anyways, I saw a FS today, and she is going to put me on 500 mg of Metformin for first week and ramping upto 2000 mg in 4 weeks. I was just wondering about the dosage and wanted to check if any of you ladies are on 2000 mg? I was thinking I would be on 1000-1500 mg.

I just got a script for 1000 mg. I have done this before and get so sick and dizzy. Not looking forward to starting it. 2000 is the highest dose I think...

Hello Ladies-
I am new to the site. I myself have PCOS and have been ttc for 3 years. We ttc on our own with out any meds no luck. So now I am on Metformin(I normally take this everyday anyways for my diabetes) and finshed my first round of clomid 100mg. I started out with 50mg but never ovulated with it so my OB bumped me up to 100mg of the clomid. Im doing my OPK everyday going on now for almost a week and I keep getting a BFN so now I am starting to get frustrated and worried that I am not going to ovulate. Has anyone ovulated later than normal? I know with the PCOS normally we dont ovulate on our own. I just was not sure if maybe thats something with the PCOS and i just ovulate later than normal.
I am just getting frustrated since my OB told be once I hit 150 mg on clomid and no luck, she will then refer me to a specialst and I just really dont want to have to go the route.

You can definitely ovulate late with PCOS! I know a woman on another forum who ovulated on day 29 and got her BFP 2 weeks later! With Clomid too!!!

Ugh, this makes me mad. Do they learn anything in school, those doctors?? Your progesterone is low simply because you're not ovulating. Once you ovulate, it'll go as high as it has to go to support a pregnancy.

Last time I had mine checked, it was 0.94. That was not having been ovulating for about 5 months. When I WAS ovulating, I had absolute perfect 14 days luteal phase, and no reason whatsoever to suspect any progesterone issues.

If you DO ovulate, and still have low progesterone, then yes, it would be something to be concerned about.

My fs won't even do the progesterone test on me bc he says there's no point doing a test on cd 21 if I don't ovulate before cd 14

hi ladies...i think women with pcos can ovulate spontaneously and at random times, i had no periods for over 18 months....i took provera for three months after 18 months ttc...for two months it didnt work....the third month only had a one day af...then must have ovulated at day 30 as thats when we conceived, or maybe even up to day 36. Not had any periods since LO was born either. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->