PCOS Club!

Congrats wantanerd!

Well, after 13 months of trying, I too tested positive :blush: on my birthday, 2 wednesdays ago. Well, it was not a clear positive but it was definitely a positive two days after. However, I've been having cramps and spotting since so ... fingers crossed!

So yes ladies, don't give up. I have to keep telling myself that too because I am worried my body will not sustain this bean. So if it can happen once, it should happen again.

I have a scan this Wednesday to see if it is ectopic because the cramps I am having is mainly focused on my left abdomen.

Metformin 850mg daily + 1st round of clomid = :BFP:

Best of luck to everyone!

After my 4th month of using Femara, I got my BFP. I liked Femara a lot more thank clomid. Clomid made me crazy. I also took the HCG trigger shot when i was ready to ovulate

Congratulations on your :bfp:!!!!! :happydance: If you don't mind me asking, what dose did you receive your BFP? and did you take anything special?

Congrats huni fingers crossed for everyones BFP this month, especially all my PCOS LTTTC buddies xxxxxxxxxxxxx

AMI1985 how are u buddy! what cd are you on?

dont know lol, about 2 n half weeks since af lol, roughly anyway, not keeping check this month gonna wait til if and when i start af and start counting from there lol xx

lol, okay. Dont be surprised if you get a BFP this month. You never know!

Yellow, congratulations, wow thats brilliant news chick :happydance: aw try not to worry, just look after yourself .... hope the scan goes well on wednesday, we will all be thinking of you :hugs:

Congratulations on your :bfp:!!!!! :happydance: If you don't mind me asking, what dose did you receive your BFP? and did you take anything special?[/QUOTE]

I received a continuing dose since I did the generic. I took 5mg day 3 and by day 7 I took 20mg. I have been on 2000mg of metformin for years and the HCG shot. I took a prenatal and 4800 mg of fish oil a day (my mom told me Dr Oz said a fatty acid imbalance caused fertility problems). I was prepared to do IUI next month so I relaxed a little bit and all I did special after bding was put a pillow under my hips and put my legs up for 15 minutes.

Month 4 of femara gave me the biggest follicle in the shortest amount of time for me. Once my body started getting used to ovulating every month, I got my BFP =)

Congrats wantanerd!

Well, after 13 months of trying, I too tested positive :blush: on my birthday, 2 wednesdays ago. Well, it was not a clear positive but it was definitely a positive two days after. However, I've been having cramps and spotting since so ... fingers crossed!

So yes ladies, don't give up. I have to keep telling myself that too because I am worried my body will not sustain this bean. So if it can happen once, it should happen again.

I have a scan this Wednesday to see if it is ectopic because the cramps I am having is mainly focused on my left abdomen.

Metformin 850mg daily + 1st round of clomid = :BFP:

Best of luck to everyone!

Best of luck to you on Wednesday, I will have you in my thoughts that day :) You're giving me hope, I'm on Metformin 1000mg daily and did my 1st round on clomid....fingers x'd :)

it is possible! After two years ttc with pcos and my fourth round of femara and the hcg trigger shot, i was informed i was pregnant today by my re's office!

I didn't think it was my month. I went in for blood work thinking it was a waste of time and then two hours later (normally results take a day) i received the call where the entire nursing staff shouted, "you're pregnant!"
i can't believe it! I am still in shock and i am hoping this is a sticky bean!
Pcos didn't conquer me!

woohoo!!! Congrats :)

Yellow, how did it go today?? I really hope everything is ok chick??

xxx

New here.....diagnosed in 06 with PCOS. Was married before(my marriage became abusive and resulted in divorce) and while TTC found out I was resistant to Clomid. I am now remarried to the greatest man on earth and just started going to a new OBGYN. Given my history he suggested 3 rounds of Provera to regulate me and then Ovarian Drilling. All the other Drs in the past have never suggested this. I am nervous about it but due to finances and insurance, fertility drugs/procedures aren't really an option right now. Any advice?

New here.....diagnosed in 06 with PCOS. Was married before(my marriage became abusive and resulted in divorce) and while TTC found out I was resistant to Clomid. I am now remarried to the greatest man on earth and just started going to a new OBGYN. Given my history he suggested 3 rounds of Provera to regulate me and then Ovarian Drilling. All the other Drs in the past have never suggested this. I am nervous about it but due to finances and insurance, fertility drugs/procedures aren't really an option right now. Any advice?

My doctor won't do the drilling. I've heard mixed things about it. It could be the answer to your prayers so I think it's worth it if you can't do IVF, etc. Good luck!

Hi ladies, sorry i havent been on here in ages been so busy with work and not feeling well with starting the Metformin. But i got my AF Yesterday which was amazing cos it was on CD33 so it defo working to get my cycles shorter :)

my FS wasnt happy tho that another doctor in his practice put me on it. he said it wouldnt help. well this has proved him wrong :) so this month we are going to be at it until AF arrive or up to CD 33 and then see wht happens :) lets hope i get a BFP before my next appointment in 2nd Dec where i think he is going to stop my tablets.

xx

New to this page and recently diagnosed with PCOS.

My doc was a great help and gave me a website to look at to give me the info I need on PCOS. Sarcasm is a great thing aint it.

Iam a bit stuck because I dont know what to do? Shall I see another doctor or just plod along? We want to start trying in March 12 but atm Iam 33 days late :(. 2 BFN since I was due to come on. I feel mega lost.

Any advice would be a great help... xx

The sucky thing about pcos is the long wait between periods. I was immediately put on metformin when I was diagnosed and started to lose weight b/c I am insulin resistant and the more weight I have on me, the longer my cycles are.

I was also prescribed provera one month and prometrium (both progesterone pills) to help me induce my periods. This might help regulate you.

Hi, I'm new here.

The doctors haven't said so, but could I have PCOS? I'm on my second cycle of Femara/Letrozole and injectables and have gotten a big response. I used even less Follistim this cycle and have even MORE follicles. Is that what happens with PCOS?
Dust to all!:dust:

I am convinced that I have PCOS

hairy chin - occasional wild hair on my back - fuzzy belly

now my periods are wonky cycling between 30 days and now 42 but each cycle is getting longer- I had a whole year where I didnt get a cycle

hubby and I have been TTC since december - nuthin except late periods and dashed hopes :(

no insurance right now (gah!) but hopefully soon

- I went to my dr and asked about metformin but she wasnt willing as I wasnt insulin resistant:( I am a normal weight for my height

Also I am a celiac - this complicates matters I know

any advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"