PCOS Club!

could the pcos/hormone imbalance be the cause of my m/c ? that is what is worrying me most....
It could be:hugs:
You look very slim on your av, but losing weight seems to reduce mcs in PCOS women:

https://www.natural-hormone-health.com/natural-treatments-for-PCOS.html

My BMI is 21, so not exactly slim, but not overweight either.
I'm taking vitamin B complex 50 to help lose weight, and am doing Atkins style lunch every day:flower:

I had mc, so I've been researching it as well. :hug:

Oh, Best of luck Quaver!!! Will log back on tomorrow morning to check your news!! But even if it's a negative tomorrow - don't lose hope as it is still very early!!

Courtney - I so know what you mean about the stupid body!!! :hissy: I had spotting like yours about 10 days ago. So around CD90 , for 2 days. Nothing came out of it :cry:

Sending you lots of hugs, hun :hug:

I started having lots of stabbing/pulling pains "there" since yesterday. Not sure what it means but Im hoping it's a sign of something happening!!!

thank you...im so worried it means it could happen again :(
ha, im not so slim, im just pear shaped so my avatar looks alright cos you can't see my bum!! lol im 5'8 and 11 1/2, used to be 14 1/2 and lost 4 stone 2 years ago but ive put on a stone >.< think my bmi is nearing 25, so i'll definitely start a diet :)

bmi of 21 sounds perfect to me!

hi ladies!:hi:
hope you dont mind me jumping in here real quick.. i just have a few questions and was told this was the place to ask.. so here it goes..:thumbup:

my 17yr old dd is in the process of testing for what i believe is pcos.. she had an intravaginal ultrasound today and they found atleast 2 measureable cysts on her right ovary.. (not sure about the left) the have also sent her for bloodwork for things from LH, FSH,Prolactin,TSH, and finally von willebrand comprehensive panel.. she has fairly regular periods other than they vary in length (some last for 8 days then next time it will be 6 days and so on) and are quite heavy.. (she can go through a box of 36 super tampons in like 3 days) she only weighs 105 pounds so i dont think her bmi is high..

my questions are these..
1. does it look like pcos?
2. would having the cysts show up in the middle of her cycle point more toward the pcos diagnosis? (her lmp was on june 29th)
i have a few more but forgot them and figured this was already a novel..:haha:

thanks for any help ladies.. she's just a bit nervous and i am trying to keep her informed so she is prepared just in case..:hugs:

Jewl- I hope you are right and that was implantation dip that would be nice. I will have to wait and see. Well if you did O on the 17th then you have it covered for Bd so that is a good sign but I was really hoping we could test together.

Courtney- I hope you right about ff playing with are head. Cause this temping thing is about to drive me crazy. I could do it if I thought it was playing with are heads.

Quaver- I think your secret is out. GL I hope you get your BFP to.

Cami- GL hun I hope this is your BFP. and your Symptoms sure sound promising.

Kittie- Welcome hun- Sorry about your m/c and it takes awhile for the hcg level to go down so that your body will O again soon hun. Have you been back to your doctor to get blood work done to see were your levels are.

Hey lilfrog- Just from what you have put up here it doesn't sound like PCOS. But it does sound like annovulatory problems which isn't any better but with BCP it should fix it. But with out more info on her body type like does she have acne, extra hair on her face, painful periods, and of course her lab work numbers I cant tell your for sure. For your daughters sake I surelly hope she doesn't have it it is horrble to have this. GL and giver her hugs from us that suffer with it.

Hey lilfrog- Just from what you have put up here it doesn't sound like PCOS. But it does sound like annovulatory problems which isn't any better but with BCP it should fix it. But with out more info on her body type like does she have acne, extra hair on her face, painful periods, and of course her lab work numbers I cant tell your for sure. For your daughters sake I surelly hope she doesn't have it it is horrble to have this. GL and giver her hugs from us that suffer with it.

thanks for answering! i am soo sorry you ladies have to suffer with this.. it makes me look at my ttc journey differently..
umm she has bad acne but i dont think she has any extra facial hair... her periods vary one month they are painful and the next they are easier. i guess only time will tell.. however, if she does end up getting this as a diagnosis then i will make sure to tell her when she is 18 to sign up on here so she can get some helpful info from wonderful ladies like yourself.:hugs:

That would be great. I will pray she doesn't get this. I am still going with annovulatory syndrome as my guess. It acts simiular to PCOS but is different all to gether. Good luck hun.

Courtney- So true...when i think ive figured it out..it does something weird and confuses me all the more.i seriously have to chart properly next cycle.SOY all the way:thumbup:

Quaver...if i had been u i would be testing from 8 dpo...u r one patient lady.

Kitt- welcome!!!

Red- Dont u hate the tww .Im right behind u buddy.:thumbup::thumbup:

Btw my bmi is 24.99 hovering around that.it just increased last year.So hard to lose.No motivation either.:nope:

annovulatory syndrome ...this is what i know for sure i have and yes some periods r alot more painful and they never come at the same time if i even have a new cycle. were still trying to figure out for sure if its pcos for me but the doc thinks it is but with the cyst on the inside of the overies from not pushing out eggs. with all the symtoms i have points to it. it can be along journey and i hope she doesnt have it. if it is the annov. syndrome bcp should help it if its not caused by other things. GL

Hi all am new here as i've just been diagnosed with PCOS. i posted in main forums but i dont know how to delete it o_O

anyways i have a few qs if thats ok :)

I had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago at 11+3 of twins and i just had the scan was to check all was clear. I haven't ovulated since the m/c and i'm still getting + preg tests which baffles me but uterus was clear though, so thats a good thing.

the questions i have are...my periods are generally quite regular, occasionally they are off by a day or two and very occasionally off by a week. does that mean i do always ovulate, or can you still get a period without ovulating?

does pcos mean you have a hormone imbalance for sure? i have a few symptoms of low progesterone, is that a common thing with pcos?

sorry for all the qs....but finally.....the question that is getting me..is...could the pcos/hormone imbalance be the cause of my m/c ? that is what is worrying me most....

thank you all xxxx

My periods have pretty much regulated to about 36 days, but I dont ovulate every month. Usually you O because progesterone lowers, but when you dont O you get AF due to estrogen.

Usually with PCOS you have a hormone imbalance and/or insulin resistance.

Low progesterone I beleive could cause a miscarriage. I know for sure it can cause a chemical pregnancy. I am not sure about a pregnancy that is 11 weeks.

I am not sure if low progesterone is common for those with PCOS. Low progesterone usually results in a short LP. I have a normal LP, but my post O temps are usually not much higher than my pre O temps.

hi ladies!:hi:
hope you dont mind me jumping in here real quick.. i just have a few questions and was told this was the place to ask.. so here it goes..:thumbup:

my 17yr old dd is in the process of testing for what i believe is pcos.. she had an intravaginal ultrasound today and they found atleast 2 measureable cysts on her right ovary.. (not sure about the left) the have also sent her for bloodwork for things from LH, FSH,Prolactin,TSH, and finally von willebrand comprehensive panel.. she has fairly regular periods other than they vary in length (some last for 8 days then next time it will be 6 days and so on) and are quite heavy.. (she can go through a box of 36 super tampons in like 3 days) she only weighs 105 pounds so i dont think her bmi is high..

my questions are these..
1. does it look like pcos?
2. would having the cysts show up in the middle of her cycle point more toward the pcos diagnosis? (her lmp was on june 29th)
i have a few more but forgot them and figured this was already a novel..:haha:

thanks for any help ladies.. she's just a bit nervous and i am trying to keep her informed so she is prepared just in case..:hugs:

This doesnt look like PCOS (I dont think). Usually there are many many cysts on the ovaries, that resemble a bunch of grapes, or a necklace of pearls.
As for PCOS cysts, they are there all cycle. What causes them is that your ovaries gear up to ovulate, and the follicles enlarge, but then you dont ovulate so these fluid filled follicles remain on your ovaries (they are technically not true cysts)

Also about 20% of people with PCOS are not over weight.

There are other types of cysts as well....like Corpus luteum cysts.

jewl- Yes the tww sucks butt. I hate it the most I think :rofl:.

Oh, Best of luck Quaver!!! Will log back on tomorrow morning to check your news!! But even if it's a negative tomorrow - don't lose hope as it is still very early!!
BFN:blush: Lost hope:sleep:
I started having lots of stabbing/pulling pains "there" since yesterday. Not sure what it means but Im hoping it's a sign of something happening!!!
:dust:

Quaver - what a shame :nope: But like I said before - 10DPO is still VERY early! Any symptoms?
I actually tested too - just out of interest. BFN of course!

But my appnt is tomorrow - can't wait :happydance:

Lilfrog - it doesn't sound like your daughter has PCOS, but the blood work should be able to clarify things. Also, at 17 isn't it still possible for the cycle to be all over the place and still stabilizing? I know mine didn't establish properly until I was 16-17. Then I had regular periods until I started the Pill and now they disappeared alltogether because of PCOS :cry:

Quaver- How many DPO are you. It may be to earlier still with us PCOS girls we would be lucky to pick it up early on. For example my friend she has PCOS and has seen kids. She has never gotten a BFP before she was already six seven weeks gone. Don't give up hope your not out until AF comes.

I'm 10dpo, no symptoms apart from the usual AF ones:nope:

Quaver- Do not worry...its only on Bnb that i keep hearing people talking abt pre Af symptoms...for all my friends,their first sign was a missed period,followed by nausea and the aversions.

NG - Good to see u!!! :hugs:

Red- Yep i hate it!!!I had a very weird dream last night,my bff was in my dream telling me im pg...didnt knw i was this desperate dreamin abt it too:haha:

Courtney_ hope u r ok today:hugs:

Cami- Hws it going:flower:

Sma- Have u ovulated:thumbup:

Jewl- I have those dreams to just its my sister that tells me :rofl: I think they come with years of ttc.

Quaver- I wouldn't count it out yet. 10DPO is still early yet Like I said you are not out until AF gets you.

Courtney- How are you doing today hun.

jwelme- I am good... kinda dizzy today and super tired... I was so tired this morning and had to pee so bad when I woke up-early at that- that I forgot to take my HPT... I am 12dpo today had a dip at 9dpo and temps steadily rising so think I will take a test to work and take it later and just try no to pee for awhile and try not to drink a whole lot till after.. I will update soon but just not too hopeful today... I think me being negative is my way of trying to protect myself ya know

Red- I just hoped it meant something but im not even sure i ovulated:wacko:

Cami- Maybe u can take a test tom morn and then get to the doctors asap to put u on suppositories.Just to be cautious.I know what u mean by not testing.Denial is one way of keepin hope alive.:thumbup:.Your chart and symptoms sound good and promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->