PCOS Club!

Yea that is low hun sorry I wounder why are bodies must play horrible horrible jokes on us. I don't think I O'ed either although FF said I did. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens. DH and I had a long chat this morning about all the TTC and he said he was done trying. I agreed with him it is just becoming to much of a headache. :crying:. I just don't know what to do anymore. three years is a long time with no results. I have tried everything I can think of to do.

i think my body was trying to because i felt the pain in the left side but i guess it just never popped out. so im guessing this means i will ave another very long cycle. well its good you talked with DH and both of you know what you want. i couldnt imagine 3 years of it. were at a yr and half and its stressfull now but i havnt been temping and using opks and stuff because i just knew i wasnt o-ing. its frustrating to think that my body isnt doing what its supposed to do and i feel broken. i guess i will try the metformin for a while longer along with the soy but bump it up

Yea I feel you hun. Well he is the one that said he was out I just can't do anything with out him. I want a babies lots of them I guess its just not ment to be. After this cycle I am going to fouce on weight lose and that is it. I would be TTC :cry: anymore cause I would have any :spermy: to help me out. I will still be on bnb though so I can watch all of you get your BFPs. Good luck hun.

Red-Don't give up hope just yet hun! :hugs: Your chart is looking amazing :happydance: I am 99% positive you ovulated and your BD timing was close to perfect :thumbup: I really hope this is it for you love.

Sma-I am so sorry to hear that you did not O this cycle. I will keep my fingers crossed that you still will. You haven't started your monthly yet have you?

As for me, I am COMPLETELY in limbo :shrug: I kept spotting and finally decided to start taking the last few Prometrium I had left from a previous cycle to see if I could jump start AF. So far, I have stopped spotting and I have 5 pills left. I guess I will have to wait to see what happens :dohh:

red- its gonna be when you least expect it that ure gonna get a bfp. if your chart looks good and u BD somewhere aroud those dayes u have a pretty good chace ad i wish you the best....

courtney- no i havnt started a ew cycle and i dont think im going to unless i take the provera again...unless i wait it out and see if it just comes way late but i actually get it....i think i might just do that and c what happens. i hate to keep taking things that bring on AF instead of my body working like a normla females would

they have me on prometrium in order to help sustain the pregnancy never heard it used to start a period

Courtney- It is good to hear from you. I don't want to give up it was just depressing to see tha BFN today. I don't even know why I tested when I did. I just felt like it I guess. I know you are right. I will stay postive it is just hard to do sometimes most of the time I am on my game about being postive. I think I need to go to chruch and talk to the prist this week and get some holy advise from him again about being postive.

Sam- Thank you.

I hate it that are bodies don't act like they are suppose to it sucks. I mean what are we suppose to do let this PCOS rule us or are we going to find a way to rule it. What can we do.

:bfn: for me, started spotting and temp has gone down. I'd say I'll get the full :witch:tomorrow...:blush:

Well that just bits butty. My temp went up yesturday and stayed up today hope that is a good sign. I am not going to test anymore until AF is late which will be August 6th mainly cause I am out of test and money :blush:.

they have me on prometrium in order to help sustain the pregnancy never heard it used to start a period

It can be used for that too, but if you are not pregnant and you stop taking it, then your period will start. So if I take it for a few days and let my body get used to having progesterone, then I can trick it into starting a period once I stop them. So far it has stopped the spotting, so I am hoping that once I stop them, it will be a full on flow.

I hope it works for you hun. And you get your period soon I know it sucks waiting on it to show up.

Thank you, I really hope it does too. The one thing that has really sucked this cycle is the pain in my lower abdomen. It is off and on and it can vary to which side it is on. When I had my ultrasound done a few months ago, they said that my ovaries looked fine and that they did not have any cysts. Now, I am wondering if I have developed some because I have never had these twinges so much. At first, I hoped they were O pains, but now that I am on the Prometrium, I don't think they are. You usually can't ovulate once you start a progesterone pill. So who knows :shrug: I guess I just have to continue to wait it out.

But hey! Congrats on a high temp again today :hugs: I pray this is it [-o<

Courtney- I just noticed that we are some what close. I live in TN and you live in MI cool. Well you are right about the ovulation thing. You can't ovulate after you start taking the progesterone pills. I am woundering if you body is gearing up for your period. I have had cysts on my overies before(none now) and you really don't feel them unles they are hugh and about to pop. And they you will feel them (just from experince had one though I was dieing went to ER they told me I had a rupted cyst on my overies done a scan and found out I had PCOS but only had the one cyst on my overies they done blood work and that confrimed it YAY).

Thank you I hope it stays way up I say that every night before I go to bed. self talk :blush: i think it helps a lot.

Courtney - that's what Im on now!! Im on Provera which is some sort of Prometrium. And the DR told me exactly that - if you are pg, nothing will happen. But if you are not - then you'll have a bleed shortly after you take the last pill.
Redrose - can't believe you are keeping us in suspense until the 6th!!! But Im pretty sure that 2 days ago the temp dip was implantation!!! So best of luck!!

Sma - I think most of us felt "broken" more than once....So I totally sympathise with how you are feeling. Sending you lots of :hugs:

I don't really know why they are not testing me for ovulation on Clomid...In the UK it is a pure Postcode Lottery. If you live in an area where they take it seriously, you are lucky. Obviously, Im the unlucky one. There doesn't seem to be a common rule about it

Maria- that sucks hun. I am not trying to keep any of us in suspense its just that I am out of test and money untilt he sixth thats all. I will dig for a dollar and ten cents so I can test tom. I think I have five dollars some where. LOL.

i think thats the worst thing for a women to feel is broken. i spent so much money and efforts on trying to NOT get pregnant and now that i have other issues and actually want to get prego its not happening.

for the provera ...my RE never said anything about it being ok or nothing will happen if taking it while preg. she actually said we have to to a preg test to make sure your not preg, and everytime we put you on it a test has to be done....yes i know they want to make sure a baby is not the cause of my missing AF but that kinda scared me and now reading that i feel a little better

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for barging in but I wondered if I could pick your brains before I toddle off to the docs.

We've been trying to conceive #2 for over a year now (10 months now and 3 months just over a year ago). We've not even had a wiff of a BFP.

My cycles aren't too over the place, they're ranging between 31 and 37 days and it looks like from charting my LP is around 12-14 days. They're not particularly painful - not nice, sometimes want to curl up in a ball, but I could cope with worse. They can be pretty heavy though, my mooncup can't usually cope with the flow for the first couple of days so I have to wear a towel too and change it quite often. They usually last about 5 days with 3 or 4 days of spotting before and after.

My mum has been going on at me for years now that she thinks I have PCOS. I've had acne for about 15 years now although it's no where near as bad as it has been. I was given roaccutaine about 3 years ago which worked initially but I'm back to normal now :(

I have excess hair on my stomach, backs and insides of my thighs and the likes of my forearms have quite long dark hairs on. Oh and my finger hair is freakishly long. I've taken to waxing my moustache now as although its not in competition with my husbands, it is noticeable.

At the moment I'm just within the healthy weight range for my height and I really struggle to keep it that way. I can't eat anywhere near 2000 calories - my 5 year old eats more than me! I was 5 stone heavier just after I had my son.

Well what I'd like to know really is if I should ask the doctor about test for PCOS?

I've been charting for the past 3 cycles and it looks like I am ovulating although I've given up with my CBFM as it never coincides with what FF says.

Apart from not ovulating, what other problems does PCOS cause in relation to fertility?

Thank you if you've managed to get this far!

Hey Cookiedough- I would say there is a good chance you have PCOS. I would defo ask the doctor about getting tested for it. It can cause a number of problems with fertility. It makes it really hard to get pregnant and once pregnant you have to worry about keeping it. M/C is a big problem with PCOS women. Most of us once we get pregnant have to be put on progesterone to up hold a pregnancy. I would say that your Ovulating with looking at your chart. But you still may not be ovulating with you periods. And Opking doesn't work for us PCOS girls we have to much LH hormone in are systems and it cause false negatives and false postives all the time. I hope this helps. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask we can all answer them for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->