PCOS Club!

hi ladies

im new to this site, i was diagnosed with PCOS last year ive been seen at the fetility clinic but the consultant was horride he told me i had to lose weight thats all he said i go back tomorrow after 8months of trying to lose weight ive not done very well lost a stone (14lb) and feel this wont be good enough for him, i have a BMI of 40 does any one know if i can just ask for clomid or is my BMI to high

thanks xxx

Well your doctor wont give you clomid with your bmi over 35. I also had to lose weight when I first started treatments. Have you tried soy it is an all natural form of clomid you take it the same way but since you have never been on clomid I would only take 100mg of soy on cycle days 3-7.

Courtney - that's what Im on now!! Im on Provera which is some sort of Prometrium. And the DR told me exactly that - if you are pg, nothing will happen. But if you are not - then you'll have a bleed shortly after you take the last pill.

I don't really know why they are not testing me for ovulation on Clomid...In the UK it is a pure Postcode Lottery. If you live in an area where they take it seriously, you are lucky. Obviously, Im the unlucky one. There doesn't seem to be a common rule about it

Well actually Prover is NOT safe to take during pregnancy. From what I have heard, Prometrium is the only form of progesterone that is safe for pregnancy. So if your doc is giving people Provera when they are pregnant, that is very bad.

And I can tell you that you are not the only one whose doc does not check for ovulation while on Clomid. I have only had tests done because I have asked for them to be done.

hi ladies i am just jumping in here hoping for advice as i know little about pcos.I have never had any trouble with ovulation or irregular cycles, ovulate consistently on day 19 of a 33 day cycle like clockwork. My bmi is 20 and no known other problems. Dh and i just completed a round of ICSI in may for male factor only. It was a BFP but unfortuanately ended in a m/c at 7 weeks which i had a D&C for. We are now trying to get things together for our frozen transfer but nothing seems to be happeining down there, seems i no longer ovulate and ultrasound says i have pcos? my hormone levels are in a coma, not going up or down. does anyone know how it is possible to never have any problems and then all of a sudden have pcos? any advice would be greatly recieved cos it all seems so weird to me and i am pretty freaked out.thanks :flower:

Hi All

Ive just joined the forum! :wave:

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 15 years ago - main problems are extreme excessive hair and infrequent periods.

We are currently ttc, so Im trying to get my head around everythng that goes with it. I am taking Met and using an OPK.

Just wanted to say Hi!

S xx

Gracy- My guess is that once you had your m/c that is what actually brought the symptoms to full blown. I think it has something to do with stress on the body cause I never had any problems with my body until after I had my gall baldder removed eight years ago. Then two years later they found out that I had PCOS. thats my guess.

MsDaisy- Welcome to the board.

Well ladies 12DPO test was negative so I am out. DH has decided he is done with the stress of it. Funny is not we are the ones that goes through every thing and he is done. I just laughed at him and we had a hugh fight and now he is sleeping in the guest room wear he can stay. GL ladies.

Oh Redrose - Im so sorry you had a fight :cry: Sending you :hugs:

Men can be sooo insensitive :growlmad: I have been there several times with my husband. We had HUGE fights about ttc. He wouldn't get it into his head that I had problems and needed support. He just kept saying it will happen one day! Yeah, right - without any ovulation!!! He wouldn't even listen to what I had to say. Every time I brought up the subject he rolled his eyes and either turned on the telly or went over to his mates' :growlmad:

Then I made him sit down and really explained how I felt. I wept and screamed and was completely hysterical. I think it hit him then that I wasn't just being Mrs Impatient but it was a serious issue in my life. He then also found out that we weren't the only ones in this situation. And that conceiving (in our case at least) required more than just a bit of fun in the bedroom. He now supports me 100% and even said he'll hold my legs up in the air when the time comes with Clomid :winkwink:

I would suggest that you have a good old honest chat with him and really let him know how you are feeling. Im sure he loves you and will understand, honey xxx

YAY we worked it out on his lunch break today thank god cause I am OVULATING today :cloud9:. We will be doing :sex: for the next three days and I will hang off my bed like my friend did :blush: she has seven kids and is now pregnant again with twins this time she just found out yesturday that she was having twins. She also has PCOS. I cant wait. That is why all those darn pregnancy test came back neg.:cry:

wow red- im glad u worked things out and that ure OVUATING.....i know its so stressfull !
i hope i O somewhere in this crazy cycle and get lucky with a bfp even if unexpected...same thing for u i hope u get that bfp soon

Sma- Me too that would be great. I hope you Ovulate to soon. I am not sure why I deciced to take a Ovualtion test though it was random. I was shocked to see it come postive so fast.

Lol, FF is so silly :haha: My temps finally mellowed out and since I started my Prometrium, my temps have "gone up". So of course, FF thinks I ovulated :haha: The only thing that confuses me is that my temps didn't "shoot" up like I thought they would once I started the Prometrium. Why haven't they gone higher?

Courtney- That is werid. I am woundering if it is because you area about to start your period full blown. I am not for sure so don't hold me to that but it is a thought.

Courtney - I wondered that too :shrug: My temps have gone up but certainly not enough for the "luteal" phase that Im meant to be in after Provera....

I took my last tablet last night so have everything crossed I get a bleed by the weekend to start on Clomid! Im SOOOO excited :happydance:

When do you finish Prometrium?

Red - how did you discover this was your ovulation time? I thought based on your chart you were in the 2ww already, with a classic temp dip 2 days ago...:shrug:

Good job you :sex: on time!!!

Maria- Well that is what FF said. I was not conviced at all. So this week I was getting CM changes and then yesturday I woke up with a lot of EWCM so I deciced to take an Opking test and it was postive with in seconds and then my temp started to go done as well. I have an appt for next monday to see if actually O'ed or not.

Hi Ladies,

Can I ask a question?

Has anyone found that they weren't ovulating despite getting pos opk's and a BBT raise that meant FF said you had ov'd?

I charted my BBT the last 3 cycles and FF says all 3 were ovulatory and I've had pos opk's (clear blue digital and IC) around the same time (and neg other times). MY CBFM didn't work for me though, no peak this cycle and a peak last cycle after ff said I'd Ov'd.

Just wondering if it's still possible I'm not Ov'ing.

Hi Ladies,

Can I ask a question?

Has anyone found that they weren't ovulating despite getting pos opk's and a BBT raise that meant FF said you had ov'd?

I charted my BBT the last 3 cycles and FF says all 3 were ovulatory and I've had pos opk's (clear blue digital and IC) around the same time (and neg other times). MY CBFM didn't work for me though, no peak this cycle and a peak last cycle after ff said I'd Ov'd.

According to your temps, you are ovulating. You definitely have biphasic charts. As far as I know, if you have a biphasic chart, you are ovulating.

As for the OPK's, it is possible to get positives and not ovulate. I had positives on CD41 and CD42 and I am on CD66 of what I assume is an annovulatory cycle. It has been said that those of us who have PCOS should not use OPK's, CBFM's, or saliva microscopes because of our constantly higher levels of estrogen and LH. I was told that the only reliable way for me to know if I O is to chart and stay tuned to my body's signals.

I would say that you are definitely O'ing since you have biphasic charts.

Courtney - I wondered that too :shrug: My temps have gone up but certainly not enough for the "luteal" phase that Im meant to be in after Provera....

I took my last tablet last night so have everything crossed I get a bleed by the weekend to start on Clomid! Im SOOOO excited :happydance:

When do you finish Prometrium?

Tomorrow night is the last night. Depending on how soon we start after our last pill, we will be very close to having the same cycle days :winkwink:

What days are you going to be taking the Clomid? And you said that you are temping, are you using FF? If so, you should put your chart in your signature so that we can see it.

Hi Ladies,

Can I ask a question?

According to your temps, you are ovulating. You definitely have biphasic charts. As far as I know, if you have a biphasic chart, you are ovulating.

As for the OPK's, it is possible to get positives and not ovulate. I had positives on CD41 and CD42 and I am on CD66 of what I assume is an annovulatory cycle. It has been said that those of us who have PCOS should not use OPK's, CBFM's, or saliva microscopes because of our constantly higher levels of estrogen and LH. I was told that the only reliable way for me to know if I O is to chart and stay tuned to my body's signals.

I would say that you are definitely O'ing since you have biphasic charts.

Thank you for the info. Off to the doctors tomorrow and didn't want to look stupid! :haha:

Cookie dough- I was thinking the same thing so I am going on monday to have blood work done to see for sure. I will let you know. what turns up. But your chart looks great so I would say that you are defintly O'ing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->