PCOS Club!

Hey ladies,

Im on 1500mg of Metformin ER. And I have absolutely no problems with it :shrug: At the beginning (and each time I increased the dose) it gave me mild runs :blush: But nothing horrible that I couldn't live with. So I suppose I am very lucky.

So last night I had the most horrendous tummy ache ever :nope: It started early evening, on the lower left hand side. And then by bedtime it was painful to walk :wacko: It felt like something was a bout to burst. It was kind of in the ovary area - but surely that doesn't sound like ovulation pain??!! Today it's all gone. I also had a small rise in BBT - but not high enough to indicate ovulation. We'll see what happend tomorrow

Aw hun :hugs:

Sounds a lot like a cyst! If it's gone away now though that sounds like a good sign could have relieved itself if thats what it was. Our bodies are crazy things.

Does that mean the follicle grew too big, didn't ovulate and turned into a cyst?

I so wish I had a crystal ball to see what's going on inside....

Does that mean the follicle grew too big, didn't ovulate and turned into a cyst?

I so wish I had a crystal ball to see what's going on inside....

Are you in the states, Maria? Maybe you can go to your doctor and ask for an ultrasound to see what's happening? I'm sure if you tell them about the pain they may give you one anyways?

Fingers crossed that it was just an egg breaking free! Maybe it was more than one and that's why it hurt so much :winkwink:

Afternoon Lovely Ladies,

I am after your expertise in the ovulation department :flower:

I have recently started my periods again but no luck with ovulating and was wondering if there is anything I can take to increase my chances as I know my doctor wont give me clomid yet.

Many thanks for reading

Gem

Hey R&G - I think Soy is the "natural" Clomid...and they even take it the same way - like for 5 days at the beginning of the cycle. Im not sure about the dosage but Im sure other ladies here will be able to help

Why won't your Dr give you Clomid yet?

im also taking soy along with the met. and for once i started my period on my own after only 38 days which is short for me. i took it cd 3-7 last time and 1-6 but missed day 2 this time. i took 80 mg last time but im doing120 mg this time. i hope it works this time around.

now i really wanna try the ER of met.

sma - Id highly recommend ER Met. Ive only ever taken ER, but I know girls who started on regular met, couldn't cope with it, switched to ER and were fine :thumbup:

My nipples started stinging today!!! I have everything crossed for BBT tomorrow :winkwink:

Maria- I would say your pain was probably OV pain and you may have released more then one and that is what caused it to hurt so much. I would recommend the ER as well i know I can take it for a little bit with out any side effects but can't take the other at all.

Sam- I also took 120mg of soy this cycle I took it Cd2-6 though. I also took it in the after noon and not in the morning like last cycle. It made my cycle a little longer as well 39 days but that is okay cause at least it came right.

R&G- I would recommend soy as well you might want to start out at 100mg or 80mg depending on were you buy your pills at. If you get them from walmart then they are 40mg tabs so I would start out at 80mg and work you way up. As far as when to take them it will be totally up to you just take them like you would clomid doing CD2-6, 3-7, or 5-9. GL hun I hope this helps you out.

I guess I am joining this club.. :( just diagnosed today.. :cry:

maria- i will be asking for it when im done with all these ones i already have, i dont want to waste them.

red rose- sounds like were pretty much doing the same thing, except i do mine at night 1-5 this time(missed day 2) but i had a 38 ay cycle and was very excited about. couldnt of came at a better time either, right after a concert and vegas ! i hope i just O this cycle an continue to now

Ok so I overrode FF so that I ovulated on CD17 like the nurse told me to. So I guess that means I am officially in the 2ww :happydance:

You know, I got to thinking...when I took my Prometrium, I didn't have a temp spike until 2 days after my first pill. I just got a nice little temp spike this morning and that would be about 2 days after suspected O. So I am a bit more relaxed since I am thinking that I really did O CD17 or so and it just takes a few days for my temp to go up. I can't wait for tomorrow's temp.

So I wanted to tell you about my stupid stunt of the week. Yesterday I ran into a wall at work while filling in at a different office :blush: Last night I started having pain in my shoulder and decided to go to the doctor today. I apparently jarred my shoulder when my elbow hit the wall and I strained a tendon in my shoulder :haha: How stupid can I get :dohh:

courtney- good to hear about O......and oh no that sounds painful i hope it feels better soon

Hi Izzy welcome :hugs:

Maria- My doc explained to me a cyst is when you O but it doesnt pop off like it should and instead fills with fluid or blood. Hope its not a cyst though! If it was It could have been very minor and the pain you felt was it rupturing.. in that case they might not see anything on an ultrasound. I have never really had O pains so I couldnt imagine it hurting that bad but maybe for some people it does.

3 weeks? ouch! ya i hope u get a bfp too. that would b nice to take ure mind off the pain for a minute im sure

Welcome Izzy sorry to hear about the dx though cause PCOS is horrible.

Courtney- your chart is looking good. I can't wait to see you :BFP:. I know it is coming soon. Sorry to hear about your shoulder I know that has to suck but what a good way to cheer you up to get that so deseved:BFP:

Sma- It looks like we are in the same boat. What Cd are you on now.

im on CD 5 now....last day of soy yay ! how about you?

My Af is due on 26 so as long as it arrives on time which is no guarentee i should be starting my first ever Clomid Cycle 28th/29th ish. I am not usually regular but have been having AF symptoms so think i might be this month x

my AF is due the 27th...and i'll be starting my first ever clomid cycle days 5-9which brings me to 31st.....we should be clomid buddies then...hopefully things will work out

Hi ladies,

Well I had my 2nd temperature rise today. I'm still scared to believe I ovulated though... If that pain I had wasn't ovulatio but a cyst would a cyst also cause a rise in BBT?

My nipples are also very sore and cm is back to totally dry!

I have my bloods next Tuesday...I'm really scared they'll show no ovulation...

Courtney - ouch about the shoulder. Hope you are not in too much pain. But Yay on the ovulation!!! I have a question for you actually - what was the trigger shot for? My gynae never mentioned anything about a shot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->