PCOS Club!

nope wont care at all because there are so many diff ways of spelling the name i want it wont matter. i wont be talking to my brother or having anything to do with any of them untill he can grow up and i dont think that will be any time soon. so im ok with having the other stuff i want and names. i just gets me all mad at first .....good thing i have BNB to keep me like a normal person

Thats the way to think! Let them grow up a little and until then they're not worth the stress. :thumbup:

I love BnB, I truly believe its the only reason I am sane as I am! Real life friends have failed me, but I have met some wonderful ladies on here always willing to help :)

I'm being bombarded with newborn pics! :wacko:

Our cousin just had a baby girl and then our good friend just announced the birth of her boy, all within just a few hours! So they've been sending me loads of pictures and they are so cute and adorable and I'm so happy for my friend and cousin. But I still have that twinge of jealousy...I just want it to be my turn! :cry:

Sorry, ladies, just kind of a pointless rant. I try to keep a positive outlook on everything but sometimes its hard!

Lady - :hugs: I sat on a train the other day next to a lady holding a newborn girl. She was sooo precious! My heart just bled :cry: I also can't wait to be the one accouncing the good news and pram shopping. Im sure we'll get there soon :flower:

SMA - sorry about your family situation :hugs:

Not much happening here ladies. Im 4DPO and no new symptoms. But then it would be waaaay too early :winkwink:

So much has happened since my computer broke! Right now, I am using my SUPER old one that sometimes loads the pages :dohh: Today, it loaded :happydance:

Anyway, I am 5dpo and I am definitely feeling the progesterone. TMI coming for some!

So my poor nipples feel as if they are on fire and any weight on my breasts feels like they are in vise grips. I have had diarrhea off and on for the last 2 days and I know that I have not eaten anything to cause it. I have also been experiencing this odd taste in my mouth :( It is almost as if I have cotton mouth and the only thing that helps is constantly drinking water; which in turn causes me to pee a lot :haha:

I will be going in on Sunday to have my progesterone checked :happydance: I am hoping that it is up at a good range so that I will not need to take supplements again. I am already suffering and if these symptoms are occurring with low progesterone levels, I don't want to know how I will feel with higher levels :haha: I am, however, thinking that they are low because I have had previous cycles in which it has been and my temps are kinda close to my coverline. Granted, my temp went up this morning even more, but I don't know if it will stay up and I want to make sure that I have enough in my bloodstream to sustain a pregnancy if one were to occur.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to give an update and get everything out in one post in case the page won't load afterwards.

Good Luck Courtney, I will keep me fingers crossed for you:thumbup:

Maria- Congratulations on O. I see that you O'd on CD20...congrats on being 3dpo today. That means that you are only 2 days behind me :happydance:

Lady- I really hope you just O'd. FX'd for you dear.

Red- Where did you disappear to? How are things going for you?

R&G- Thank you :hugs: And how are you doing?

Drivera- Welcome to the club and good luck with the Met :thumbup:

Sma- I feel your pain love. I have been dealing with my sister just giving birth to her son and my friend just giving birth to her daughter. Both of them only had to try for a few months....i have been trying for a few YEARS :cry:

yup its hard to top it off, just like u guys my friend just had her baby boy and they wernt trying she got prego only a month or 2 into there relationship on bc!
its soooo hard and like i said my mom doesnt help at all

SMA - it never fails to amaze me how different people's fertility is! Here's us with no BC and on stimulation and it's still not happening and yet others get pg on BC...

Courtney - I actually ov'ed on cd19. I FELT it and on cd20 my temp shifted already and nipples were so. So FF got it wrong by a day ;) so I'm just a day behind you! Yay! I'm exactly the same with my boobs and nipples. Nipples are so sore that even if I brush them with a towel I'm in agony! And then I'm getting these random shooting pains in the boobs. And some mild cramps. Mind you, Clomid could be causing all of these.

Best of luck for Sunday. I have my bloods on Tuesday :)

Courtney and Maria--looks like we'll be testing within days of each other! It would be awesome if we all got our BFPs! Fingers crossed! :thumbup:

I'm leaving for my CD21 blood tests in a few minutes. I don't think I'll hear back for a few days...hopefully they say I've ovulated!!!

Hello ladies

I am doing good although DH had an appt this morning a follew up from when he was in the hospital. Anyways we were telling the doctor that we were ttc and he told my husband to use a pump before we had sex cause it opens up the blood veseals and pulls the good sperm on top and increase the mobility by 25%. I was like for real. Then I told him that he has nothing wrong with him he had everything check out about five years ago and everything was fine. I told him that it was my fault we couldn't get pg cause I had PCOS and thats when he said to use the pump. So we went and got one. LOL.
Well I am still waiting to O. I hope it happens soon. I am also using soft cups this cycle as well. Has this happened to any of you.

Sma-I know how you feel hun.

Maria- Congrats on the O girl FX for you and Courtney this cycle.

Courtney- Wow you are sounding promising hun. It would not suprise me if you are not pg already with more then one. FX everything comes out okay.

Drivera- Welcome to the club. And GL with the met.

SMA - it never fails to amaze me how different people's fertility is! Here's us with no BC and on stimulation and it's still not happening and yet others get pg on BC...

Courtney - I actually ov'ed on cd19. I FELT it and on cd20 my temp shifted already and nipples were so. So FF got it wrong by a day ;) so I'm just a day behind you! Yay! I'm exactly the same with my boobs and nipples. Nipples are so sore that even if I brush them with a towel I'm in agony! And then I'm getting these random shooting pains in the boobs. And some mild cramps. Mind you, Clomid could be causing all of these.

Best of luck for Sunday. I have my bloods on Tuesday :)

I'm still thinking you O'd on CD20. Your temp may have gone up, but it is not higher than your previous 6 temps until CD21, and that is the rule of thumb. This would mean that you truly did not ovulate until CD20 since your temp is not higher until CD21.

I know what you mean by the FEELING it because I had the pain on Friday but did not O until Sunday. I asked two different nurses about it, one at the FS and one at my OB/GYN and I got the same answer. They said that you feel O pains BEFORE and sometimes AFTER O but rarely DURING O. I am not arguing with you, I am just trying to help you with your dates. I would rather think I am one day later at O than one day sooner since testing early can give a false negative and then you are depressed.

If I were you, I would go by what professionals have told me and go with FF's O date. Unfortunately for me, I cannot personally do that because I had a trigger shot that messes up my temps and so FF and my Dr told me to choose Sunday for O.

Also, you are having your bloods drawn on Tuesday. If you are indeed 4dpo today, then your bloodwork on Tuesday will be 8dpo and you will be past progesterones highest peak and you will be late for your 7dpo bloodwork. If you are 3dpo like I really think you are, then Tuesday will be perfect for your 7dpo bloodwork.

If this upsets you, I am sorry. I am just trying to help and keep you on the right dates :hugs:

A day doesn't make a difference really. I just hope progesterone is high as if - were pg, it doesn't peak on 7dpo, but keeps growing...so I hope it's nice and high :) good luck for sunday!! When do you get the result?xxx

Hello gals,

I have a few questions... not sure if any of you would know. I was diagnosed as having PCOS by one gyno who then told me there was nothing she would do for me other then put me on birth control pill. After my family doctor got the report he was not pleased and he started me on Metformin. I was on that for about 5 months while he referred me to an alternate gyno. Those 5 months were great. I actually started having cycles again instead of bleeding for months or going months without a period. Most of my other complaints went away and I was feeling the best I had in ages.

When I got to the second gyno he took me off of all meds because he said he didn't want any of them interfering with the tests he was doing. He said he wanted to develop his own diagnosis instead of going off of what someone else had done. I had mixed feelings about going off of the Metformin and the iron supplements but I did. That was Aug 2009. The end result was my periods stopped and did not start until late December. From then I lost blood until the gyno put me on Provera (May) for 2 weeks. It worked the first time around and my period was stopped for about 1 week. Once I stopped taking the Provera my period started again (June) and the doctor put me back on it but this time it did nothing. It didn't slow or stop my period. I ended up needing a blood transfusion and shortly after a D&C (Early July). I lost blood all July except 2 days. My blood pressure was very low and I ended up hospitalized. (Late July/Early Aug) While admitted the gyno seen me and I basically begged to be put back on Metformin. He said he didn't understand why it would work because he wasn't sure if it was PCOS I had. He said I had almost all of the symptoms for it but my hormone profile did not fit exactly. He had no alternate suggestion and said that it was possible it was PCOS but he wasn't 100% sure on it. He agreed to put me back on it after I badgered him. (It worked great last time....) I'm left wondering if it is PCOS or if it is something else.

Since going on Metformin again my period has been stopped and I FEEL different. Like at the beginning I was just enjoying being stopped my period but now I am getting to the point where if I were to have a normal cycle I should be experiencing hormonal changes from PMS. My CM has changed through my cycle again instead of just being dry all the time. I never did get EWCM but I did have an increase in CM and creamy CM. I never got that before when I was stopped for months at a time. Now that it is later in my 'cycle' my boobs feel sooooo sore and I am getting headaches and back aches and retaining water. I get nauseous if my belly is empty but I am blaming the Metformin for that. (I would love to think those are pregnancy symptoms but I don't think I would be so lucky).

My question is does any of this sound similar to you? Does it seem like PCOS? Would Metformin help me if it wasn't PCOS?

Thanks for any help anyone could provide.

Hello gals,

I have a few questions... not sure if any of you would know. I was diagnosed as having PCOS by one gyno who then told me there was nothing she would do for me other then put me on birth control pill. After my family doctor got the report he was not pleased and he started me on Metformin. I was on that for about 5 months while he referred me to an alternate gyno. Those 5 months were great. I actually started having cycles again instead of bleeding for months or going months without a period. Most of my other complaints went away and I was feeling the best I had in ages.

When I got to the second gyno he took me off of all meds because he said he didn't want any of them interfering with the tests he was doing. He said he wanted to develop his own diagnosis instead of going off of what someone else had done. I had mixed feelings about going off of the Metformin and the iron supplements but I did. That was Aug 2009. The end result was my periods stopped and did not start until late December. From then I lost blood until the gyno put me on Provera (May) for 2 weeks. It worked the first time around and my period was stopped for about 1 week. Once I stopped taking the Provera my period started again (June) and the doctor put me back on it but this time it did nothing. It didn't slow or stop my period. I ended up needing a blood transfusion and shortly after a D&C (Early July). I lost blood all July except 2 days. My blood pressure was very low and I ended up hospitalized. (Late July/Early Aug) While admitted the gyno seen me and I basically begged to be put back on Metformin. He said he didn't understand why it would work because he wasn't sure if it was PCOS I had. He said I had almost all of the symptoms for it but my hormone profile did not fit exactly. He had no alternate suggestion and said that it was possible it was PCOS but he wasn't 100% sure on it. He agreed to put me back on it after I badgered him. (It worked great last time....) I'm left wondering if it is PCOS or if it is something else.

Since going on Metformin again my period has been stopped and I FEEL different. Like at the beginning I was just enjoying being stopped my period but now I am getting to the point where if I were to have a normal cycle I should be experiencing hormonal changes from PMS. My CM has changed through my cycle again instead of just being dry all the time. I never did get EWCM but I did have an increase in CM and creamy CM. I never got that before when I was stopped for months at a time. Now that it is later in my 'cycle' my boobs feel sooooo sore and I am getting headaches and back aches and retaining water. I get nauseous if my belly is empty but I am blaming the Metformin for that. (I would love to think those are pregnancy symptoms but I don't think I would be so lucky).

My question is does any of this sound similar to you? Does it seem like PCOS? Would Metformin help me if it wasn't PCOS?

Thanks for any help anyone could provide.

To me, it sounds like PCOS. As far as I know, you can have PCOS without ALL of the criteria. I for one have a lot of the criteria, but my ovaries are not polycystic.

If you are having normal cycles on Met, then I would definitely continue.

As far as your "symptoms", these are all side effects of the Met, but can be pregnancy symptoms also. You would need to think back and see if there is a chance that you could be pregnant. When was your last period? Did you have intercourse around O time? Have you tested?

A day doesn't make a difference really. I just hope progesterone is high as if - were pg, it doesn't peak on 7dpo, but keeps growing...so I hope it's nice and high :) good luck for sunday!! When do you get the result?xxx

Since my test will be done on Sunday, I am hoping to get my results sometime Monday.

And you are right, if you were pregnant, then progesterone levels will keep increasing. However, on a normal cycle for those who do not get pregnant, the progesterone does peak at 7dpo. After that, the level begins to decline and once it gets low enough, you will start your period.

When you have your blood drawn at 7dpo, you are then hopefully catching the surge. By getting that surge, you are then given the highest level of progesterone in your system for that cycle. If you then have your bloods drawn when AF is due, you will see if that number is higher or lower than the surge. If it is higher, then you can be pretty sure that you are pregnant. If it is much lower, then you are probably not pregnant...or worst case scenario, you will be miscarrying. It all makes sense if you think about it.

Now there are other possibilities, but this is the general case.

In any case, I'm confidant you'll be at 7dpo and you'll catch that surge. Also, by catching that surge, you also get an idea if your levels are high enough to sustain that pregnancy. GL and I hope your levels are up there. From what your chart shows, you have nice temps that are far above your coverline :happydance:, so your levels should be pretty good :thumbup:

:( Boo on side effects. We were both excited at the opportunity to have sex again after going months without so whenever I was feeling up to it we did. The last day of bleeding was the 6th of Aug (7th if you count the faint spotting. I rarely spot so I didn't count it.) Last time I did have periods I would go 35ish days in my cycle but I also was on my period for 9 or 10 of those days. We had sex around the time I *think* I Oed. I had the same symptoms as years back when I was ovulating so I took it and ran with it lol. I tested days ago when it would be too early to know anyway. I was excited and couldn't wait lol. I got a BFN.

:( Boo on side effects. We were both excited at the opportunity to have sex again after going months without so whenever I was feeling up to it we did. The last day of bleeding was the 6th of Aug (7th if you count the faint spotting. I rarely spot so I didn't count it.) Last time I did have periods I would go 35ish days in my cycle but I also was on my period for 9 or 10 of those days. We had sex around the time I *think* I Oed. I had the same symptoms as years back when I was ovulating so I took it and ran with it lol. I tested days ago when it would be too early to know anyway. I was excited and couldn't wait lol. I got a BFN.

Ok so then I guess my next question would be how long is your luteal phase? If it is 14 days and you have a 35 day cycle and bleed for 10 days ending on Aug 6th, then that would put ovulation at August 17th or 18th. If that is when you ovulated, then you are not due for your next period until Aug 31st or Sept 1st and you would only be 9 or 10dpo today.

So questions to answer:
1. How long is your luteal phase?
2. What date do you think you O'd?
3. Did you just recently this month start the Met again?

I am not sure how long my luteal phase is. I think I O'd around the 19th/20th. I was given cyclokapron sp? the beginning of Aug for 5 days and I started the Met then. I didn't stop bleeding until after the cyclokapron was finished although it slowed it drastically. EDIT: (I am used to VERY VERY heavy periods Sorry if this is TMI but I completely soak an overnight pad in about a little over 2 hrs when my period is heavy. and this slowed to to needing only about 3 or 4 pads a day!! :D)

I am not sure how long my luteal phase is. I think I O'd around the 19th/20th. I was given cyclokapron sp? the beginning of Aug for 5 days and I started the Met then. I didn't stop bleeding until after the cyclokapron was finished although it slowed it drastically.

If you O'd on the 19th or 20th, then you are only 7 or 8dpo and are not likely to get a BFP for a few days. Now I know that there are a few women out there that can get a BFP at 8dpo, but it is not that common. I would wait a few days hun and then test again. I know it will seem to take forever, but it has to be done :dohh:

I have the luxury of knowing not to test until I am at least 13dpo because I had an hcg trigger shot and it can stay in there for up to 14 days. I am however tempted to see if it is still in my system now and if not, then I can keep testing until I get a BFP or AF :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->