PCOS Club!

Good morning!!
R&G, How are you doing today?
Maria, thank you so much. I think I really just needed that yesterday!!
McMummy, Hi!! Now that you know what it is you can work around it!! Lots of :dust: for you!!

I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and stuffy nose :( I do work in an elementary school so theres germs all over the place. A friend of mine is bringing me a test today that I can take tomorrow morning so we will see! Today is CD33, no more cramps or anything, chest is still bigger but not super sore. I hope this all isnt in my head. I'll be sad if it is!! haha!

I hope you all have a great day!!

Good morning!!
R&G, How are you doing today?
QUOTE]

Hey Aubrie,

I am doing alot better now that me and hubby have made up :winkwink: but I am having the following

Constant headache
Really sentative nipples
Heavy boobs
backache that spreads across the back and into my hips

I hope I am not reading into things too much, like courtney has said I can't test until the 17th - 21st :cry:

Hello ladies! I hope everyone is doing well this morning.

No new news for me. I'm still waiting on AF to show up. For some reason my doctor only prescribed me five pills of Provera when last time she gave me ten. I take my last pill tonight and AF is no where in sight. I hope she shows up soon so we can start this next cycle! Maybe just five pills won't be enough to start it? :shrug:

Lady - I was only given 5 Provera pills and my af started exactly 3 days after stopping the last pill. But I heard that it can take up to a week for af to arrive :shrug: I really hope she arrives soon so you can start the next round of Clomid.

R&G - those symptoms sound good! Best of luck and lots of patience to you! I hate the 2ww!

CD7 for me and I think Clomid is making me a bit nauseous/dizzy this time. No more hot flashes though. Still early days though!

This is probably the last post from me for the next 2 weeks! Can't wait to go but also can't wait to get back to catch up with everyone's news!!! :happydance:

R&G that sound promising, but if it helps im going through the same sensations and keep getting negatives :nope:, bit crappy really..

Aubrie - i hope your feeling better hunny :dance: it sounds like were all in the same boat although youve been through quite an ordeal, iv been reading through the posts on my blackberry so havnt replied sorry as it would have been a pain writing this much lol! i hope your feeling better today.

Lady - iv never heard of Provera but my cycles are quite like yours and i would like to get my :witch: soon so i can start my 1st round of clomid... could you shed some light for me? are you able to take provera to get your AF then begin your clomid cycle on the 2nd day after AF has come? Sorry im just getting used to everything as not had fertility help before..

Thank you ladies xxx :dust:

MrsG--Provera is a progesterone supplement that is prescribed by my doctor. Because I didn't ovulate last month she prescribed me the Provera to start AF so I can just go onto the next cycle--otherwise I'd be waiting ages for it to start on its own. I had to get a blood test done to ensure that I wasn't pregnant before starting it because it can cause miscarriage. Once AF starts I can go on with my next round of Clomid.

Maria--I hope you have a wonderful holiday! Enjoy some nice California wine! :wine:

A quick question for you ladies.

This upcoming cycle I am determined to temp and to use my CBFM to keep track of my cycle in addition to the blood tests that my doctor has ordered. The problem is that DH and I are going on a trip to England at the end of the month for a few days. It's a six hour time difference. Do I just take my temp first thing in the morning as usual? Would I expect them to be off because of the time difference/jet lag?

I know my CBFM is a whole 'nother ball game because you have to test with FMU at the same time each day. :dohh:

Lady, in my experience such a time difference will mess up your BBT :nope:

I tried temping back in May when we went to Florida (minus 5 hours) and the temp went all over the place. It settled again after about a week - just in time for me to fly home :dohh: So that was a wasted month...although I still didn't get af until the forced one in August!!!

This is why Im leaving my thermometer at home tomorrow!!!

How long are you going for?

I sure will enjoy the vino!! We have a vinyard tour booked :drunk:

I'm leaving Wednesday night (September 29th) and arriving in London Thursday morning and then I'm coming back on Monday, the 4th. I think that maybe around prime BDing time as well.

The wine tours are awesome! DH and I went on a couple and we had a great time! We bought way too much wine, lol.

heartbroken :(
-- Went to the doc in hopes of getting clomid and was told I have to wait another YEAR before I can have a referral! We've already tried for two years with not even the hint of a bfp. During year 1 I was diagnosed with PCOS and told I may need clomid in order to get pregnant. We continued trying for a full calendar month, but then I had to take time off because of some health problems and tests that I couldn't be preg for. Now after an entire year of trying again with no luck, they are saying that the years must be consecutive in order to get a referral to a gyn for fertility issues-- even though the cysts have been reconfirmed so many times and I only took 11 months off and it wasn't by choice! I've been trying since I was 29 and am now 32! It just seems so unfair. I don't want to wait another year!

Sorry to whine, but I am really disappointed...

I got some tests so I'm ready to check in the AM! I'm excited and nervous about it, but I think it'll be good to know either way. I've decided to no tell DH that I'm doing it until I finally get that BFP. He's expressed to me that he doesnt even see himself being excited about it until theres a baby in his arms, but well see. I think he just doesnt know how hes going to feel yet!!

heartbroken :(
-- Went to the doc in hopes of getting clomid and was told I have to wait another YEAR before I can have a referral! We've already tried for two years with not even the hint of a bfp. During year 1 I was diagnosed with PCOS and told I may need clomid in order to get pregnant. We continued trying for a full calendar month, but then I had to take time off because of some health problems and tests that I couldn't be preg for. Now after an entire year of trying again with no luck, they are saying that the years must be consecutive in order to get a referral to a gyn for fertility issues-- even though the cysts have been reconfirmed so many times and I only took 11 months off and it wasn't by choice! I've been trying since I was 29 and am now 32! It just seems so unfair. I don't want to wait another year!

Sorry to whine, but I am really disappointed...

I'm so sorry to hear this hun :hugs: It really sucks how cruel and unfair life seems to be for those of us with PCOS. I understand a lot of what you are going through. We have been trying for 3 years and we have not seen a hint of a BFP either. And to top that off, I have been on 9 rounds of Clomid now without a single BFP. It has taken me over two and a half years to get an appointment with an FS, and he really didn't tell me anything new. I am quite disappointed. But I will not give up and I know there are other options out there.

Something that you could try right now since you cannot get Clomid is called Soy Isoflavones. Have you ever heard of it?

Another question I have is if your DH has had a SA. I would hate for you to stress so long about Clomid, only to find out that it isn't all you.

got a quick question for u ladies,, does havin pcos mean that u have a hormone unblnce x

i was just wondering as iv got pcos but my hormones r all ok, so im thinkin maybe i dnt have the syndrome but just the cycts xx

i was just wondering as iv got pcos but my hormones r all ok, so im thinkin maybe i dnt have the syndrome but just the cycts xx

Correct!

If you do not have a hormonal imbalance, then you don't have PCOS. You may have PCO (polycystic ovaries), but not PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome). The difference is that PCOS is a syndrome; meaning that there are signs and symptoms that occur together, and these are due to the polycistic ovaries. So if the cysts on your ovaries ever end up causing a hormonal imbalance, then you would have PCOS. But for now, it sounds as if you just have PCO.

Hope this helps :hugs:

hey ladies i just got back last night, we had a change of plans and went camping for a day/ night then went on a random trip to vegas lol ......

so now i have some reading up to do on all the pages i missed but i hope everything is going ok for all u ladies.

as for me ive had some cramping(sharp pains under my ribs) alot more,tightness in my tummy and im soooo bitchy now and ive had a head ache for the last 4 days and it sux! i hope this means something good is comming but then again it could just be AF is comming

is it easier to have just the cycts then xx

That one I do not know :shrug: I mean, without the hormonal imbalance, I would assume it would be easier to ovulate and therefore get pregnant. But even just having cysts, it would mean that you are producing mainly cysts (fluid filled sacs) and not follicles. But I'm guessing PCOS is worse than just PCO because you have the polycystic ovaries and the imbalance to contend with.

Sorry I can't give you a better answer :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->