PCOS Club!

hi i also have pcos been ttc 14yrs with the help of clomid and metformin no luck in the last 2yr ive lost 4stone, last yr after coming off them i got bfp but later mc at 7wks so we went for ivf as ive got a blocked right tube and oh low sperm count we got bfp first cycle but ended at 16+2wks when i found out baby had died at 13wks, do u think it could have anything 2do with pcos we got to wait til oct 12th for test results

Thank you for your reply, very informative, all I have to do is sit tight and not test until or after the 21st

thanks it really did help! I havent even been on clomid before so hopefully they will try to metformin and clomid and HOPEFULLY it will work....did you O on clomid at all? or just with the clomid and shot?

We are not too sure anymore. I thought I ovulated at least once on each dose level since I often had a 28 day cycle while on them, but the FS is thinking that I never O'd on any of them. I did 50mg 4 times, 100mg 4 times, and now 150mg 1 time. I know that this is very unconventional and I run the risk of overstimulation, but the FS did not seem to think it was an issue. I guess after taking it for so long and not having any issues before, they are not too worried now :shrug: I just pray that this time is it. I am not sure how much more stress I can take :cry:

hi i also have pcos been ttc 14yrs with the help of clomid and metformin no luck in the last 2yr ive lost 4stone, last yr after coming off them i got bfp but later mc at 7wks so we went for ivf as ive got a blocked right tube and oh low sperm count we got bfp first cycle but ended at 16+2wks when i found out baby had died at 13wks, do u think it could have anything 2do with pcos we got to wait til oct 12th for test results

It is a possibility that PCOS had something to do with it. Have you and your husband had genetic testing? What are the Oct 12th results for?

thanks it really did help! I havent even been on clomid before so hopefully they will try to metformin and clomid and HOPEFULLY it will work....did you O on clomid at all? or just with the clomid and shot?

We are not too sure anymore. I thought I ovulated at least once on each dose level since I often had a 28 day cycle while on them, but the FS is thinking that I never O'd on any of them. I did 50mg 4 times, 100mg 4 times, and now 150mg 1 time. I know that this is very unconventional and I run the risk of overstimulation, but the FS did not seem to think it was an issue. I guess after taking it for so long and not having any issues before, they are not too worried now :shrug: I just pray that this time is it. I am not sure how much more stress I can take :cry:

ya i just wish i would have af more often then every 125 days or so....oh who am i kidding i wouldnt be happy with that who wants af without O lol....im just scared that for some reason the clomid wont work...im not sure how much the injections cost but i know my insurance wont cover it they only cover fertility testing not the treatment....my husband and I both just started a new job (at the same place) and the insurance there is CRAP $200 a week plus $50 copays and they will only cover half the cost of treatment but only after 2 years while on that insurance...not just while ttc but on that insurance thinking it would be cheaper to self pay with $200 a week after a year that just bought a round of IVF lol sorry for the rant

I completely understand about the rant :hugs: I too need to rant and who else better to rant with than someone who is going through something similar. PCOS sucks :growlmad:

Ok so my rant is about something quite different actually.

I am so sick and tired of these Dr's offices and pharmacies screwing things up. I had issues last Friday and apparently they have not been solved ](*,) Here is the run down:

Last Friday I started my period. So I had to quickly call my FS so I could get a prescription sent to Wal-mart so that I could start my pills on Sunday (I take my Clomid CD3-7). So I got a call at 11:30 that morning saying that the script had been sent. I went there around 7pm to pick up my pills and they said they never received anything! So now what :shrug: Well I remembered that I had an old script at Walgreen's, so I went there. They said they could fill 2 prescriptions to equal 15 pills (each prescription was for 10) and give me a refund within seven days when my new script came in. So I paid around $45 and took my pills home. I called the FS on Tuesday since Monday was a holiday and asked for a script to be sent to Walgreen's. I got a call Tuesday afternoon saying that my script was in, but that there an issue. Pretty much my insurance requires a prior-authorization for 150mg. Walgreen's said they would send that prior-auth info to the FS so that they could get authorization from my insurance and that it would take a day or two. Well, today is day seven and so I called Walgreen's today to see what was up and they said that there wasn't an authorization yet :dohh: So I called my FS to see what was up and they said they never received a request from Walgreen's to get a prior-authorization! WTF! Are you freaking serious! I let two days go by thinking everything was being taken care of and it wasn't. So I just spent an hour calling back and forth between Walgreen's and the FS. Finally, the FS called my insurance and just called me back. My insurance does not accept prior-authorization requests over the phone or by fax. Apparently a letter of necessity needs to be mailed to them from the Dr stating why it is medically necessary for me to take 150mg. Well the Doc is in surgery today and he won't be able to send the letter out until Monday...maybe. So now I am out $45 because of all of this shit. I sure as hell hope that I get pregnant this cycle because all of this stress and money needs to be worth something!

Oh girls, I am so sorry. My rant was worse than I thought :blush: And sorry for swearing. I tried really hard to keep it relatively clean, but I lost it in the end and I just don't have the patience to find new words.

Oh how I love that I have so many others that I can talk to and rant to and who understand.

It is a possibility that PCOS had something to do with it. Have you and your husband had genetic testing? What are the Oct 12th results for?

reults of baby and genetic

aww i hope PCOS doesnt cause m/c...if im preggo im definitly going to be stressing! good luck tho..i hope that isnt the case!!!

Hi girls, just thought I'd pop in here... I've just been diagnosed with PCOS so I'm new to the "club". ;) I've had irregular cycles ever since I can remember, and I finally decided to bite the bullet and go get checked out by a doctor.

I am going back to my OB/GYN next Thursday to discuss treatment options and TTC. =)

Hello all!! Sorry about the long rant and the tmi!! I am pretty sure I belong here. Although I haven't been officially diagnosed with pcos i do believe I have it. (back story) I have always had off periods, but had no problem conceiving my son 7yrs ago. I was on an iud for 3 yrs and then used condoms for 6mo. Mind you I was in the NPNT group. After my son I gained more weight and never lost it my weight doesn't change too much but I am almost 100lbs heavier then before my son. I have tried every diet exercise ect to loose weight. I have excess hair, i go up to 6mo with no af, i have skin tags, and now I am activly trying to conceive and no go. I was tested for pcos about 3 yrs ago but the doc said I was negative. He said I had no cysts however my blood test should I was wrong. (I was younger then and since he said it was negative I can't remember what was wrong). He did put me on metiform. But I didnt continue to take it after a few months (I didnt see a change). Now that I am older I want another baby. I think the doc may have been wrong about the diagnosis. He was a family doc. I have gotten mixed info about which to see should I go to ob/gyn or try a different family doc? what do you suggest since you ladies have been though it you would be the best to ask.

Lissa, I went straight to an OB/GYN. My sister and best friend who also have PCOS see her as well and recommended her to me, and they also both said that she seemed to be much more knowledgeable about PCOS and treating it than their family doctors were.

Lissa, it does sound very much like PCOS and I would go to another doc and insist on further tests. Metformin is meant to be really good for us PCOS ladies, but sometimes it take up to a year for you to see any benefits. Also, what dose were you on? I think it has to be a minimum of 1500mg a day.

Any of the girls in the 2ww tested yet?

Lady - has af started for you yet?

Courtney - how's Clomid going this cycle? Any side effects yet from the higher dose?
Nothing to report here. I think I had a hot flash yesterday but am generally feeling a lot more relaxed this cycle. And excited really than just a nervous wreck that I was last cycle. We are off to Cali on Tuesday and I can't wait :happydance:

Will miss talking to you girls though :nope:

Maria, have a great time in Cali(fornia?) from Tuesday:happydance:

I had some side effects on 100mg Clomid this cycle, headache and stomach cramps. The headache only lasted 2 days, and it's gone now, but ovary pains and cramps are still here:nope:

Quaver,

I forgot we were the same CD! Sorry about the pains and headaches. I had some sharp pains on my right this morning. But it would be too soon for ovulation. Last cycle I ov'ed on day 19.

It is California indeed!!! Super excited!

By the time I come back we'll be at the end of the cycle ;)

Hello Girlies, im back now, had some stressful times over last few months, we have just moved house (well back to my parents for now) until we have a house ready for us. Feeling alot more relaxed now and hoping its time for us to start TTC again. Off to FS tomoz, so fingers crossed for that x How is everyone?

Good morning girls. Here's a quick version of my story..

April 1, 2009.. AF comes. Happy April Fools!! May 1, 2009.. AF comes again. May 17.. AF again??? Fast forward to July, 2009.. I'm STILL bleeding. What??!? I go to the ER because I'm starting to freak out that something is seriously wrong. They take blood and give me a pelvic exam and conclude that I'm not going to die. At this point I had no health insurance, so when I called my gyn they suggested I do not come in. I go to my family doctor who put me on the pill. September 26, 2009.. my wedding day!! yay! The bleeding finally stopped about 1.5 weeks before my wedding so I was able to have a fun day! October 2009.. DH and I decide right that we want to start TTC right away, so I go off the pill. February 2009, I have put on almost 50 pounds in 4 months and the continuous bleeding has started again... BUT I have insurance now so I go to my gyn! She orders more bloodwork and ultrasounds and a sonohystogram (which ended up being way to painful for me to finish). I was the diagnosed with PCOS on April 9, 2010. I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I now know why I can grow a better beard than DH!! However, I (surprisingly) had no cysts on my ovaries, though I had a polyp completely covering my uterine cavity. May 2010, I get the polyp removed. June 2010, Im told to start TTC again and if I'm not pregnant by September than they are introducing Clomid. I am now on CD 32 and my appt is on the 29th.

It felt really good to type that all out. Not many people in my life know what I've gone through and DH usually just doesnt respond to my rants about PCOS. IVe been dealing with a lot of self esteem issues and depression due to the rapid weight gain and DH says I use PCOS as a crutch instead of a reason for it. Have any of you felt this way? I have a hard time being intimate with DH because of this which makes it difficult for me to :sex: DH is pretty skinny and now I weight 50 pounds more than him. It seems like nothing I do will help get rid of the weight. AGGHH :grr:

Sorry for the rant. I guess I just really needed to get all of this off my chest. Thank you for listening!! :hugs:

Aubrey - what you've been through sounds horrific! (((Hugs)))

But I think your husband needs to be more supportive. So what that you are heavier than him?! In your wedding pic you look super skinny so you can't be too heavy....and in my opinion it's your hubby that needs to put on some weight ;)

Please remember that you have quite a serious hormonal condition whic does make it impossible to lose weight! It also often causes acne, facial hair and dark patches - not nice!!! But it's not your fault so please don't let it ruin your self esteem.

I had several rows with my hubby when he just wouldn't seem to understand how I was feeling. He now takes a lot more interest in my condition and what it means.

I'm surprised your Dr hasn't put you on Metformin because that often really helps with the weight loss.

Lissa, it does sound very much like PCOS and I would go to another doc and insist on further tests. Metformin is meant to be really good for us PCOS ladies, but sometimes it take up to a year for you to see any benefits. Also, what dose were you on? I think it has to be a minimum of 1500mg a day.

Any of the girls in the 2ww tested yet?

Lady - has af started for you yet?

Courtney - how's Clomid going this cycle? Any side effects yet from the higher dose?
Nothing to report here. I think I had a hot flash yesterday but am generally feeling a lot more relaxed this cycle. And excited really than just a nervous wreck that I was last cycle. We are off to Cali on Tuesday and I can't wait :happydance:

Will miss talking to you girls though :nope:

I've got nothing! I will probably jinx it, but I haven't had any side effects :shrug: I also haven't had any O symptoms either. I have been having a few twinges in my lower abdomen, but nothing to make me think they are ovarian pains. We will just have to wait until Wednesday to see if anything is going on.

It is too bad that you will be leaving Tuesday so you won't find out anything until you get back and by then, I will be either pregnant or have started a new cycle.

Hey Ladies,

After nearly 2 years TTC I was told yesterday I have PCOS - quite relieved to have it pinpointed & feel like we can finally get the ball rolling when it comes to putting things right.

I have been prescribed 6 months of Clomiphene, AF is due on Friday so unless I am already pregnant (you never know!! eeek) I'll be starting the pills on Saturday. Bit nervous in case I get nasty side effects but if it works for us then it'll all be worth it :winkwink:

:dust: to everyone xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->