PCOS Club!

Hi ladies.....newbie here.....well to the forum....not a newbie to PCOS....was diagnosed back in 2003....fortunatly my condition isnt as bad as some....I've been blessed with two lil girls....Hannah who will be 9 next month....and Meghan who is almost 15 months (huge age difference...lol).....well I havent had a period since Meghan was born....so I'm wondering what the heck is going on!! When I had my oldest it took 9 months to have a period and then another year after that before I had another but had the irregularly ever since......but never have I gone this long....in a few weeks I'll be setting up an appt with a GYN to find out what to do so that my husband and I can start working on baby #3....hehe.....can you ladies shine some light on this and maybe give me an idea of what will happen....or even any advice to bring up to the doc? Thanks!

Pambolina - welcome to the thread :flower: And best of luck for your appointment. I suppose the Dr will start by asking about your cycles, which are non existant :dohh: So then they'll do some bloods and a scan to assess the state of PCOS. And then potentially put you on Clomid to stimulate ovulation!!

Lady - can't wait to hear your news!!! :happydance:

I think Clomid began dampening my mood already :nope: Just found out about a pregnancy and nearly cried :cry: Thing is they've been such junkies (drinking, smoking, weed, etc) yet they can conceive :growlmad:

So I know I won't be pleasant for the nex couple of weeks :dohh:

thanks ladies!!! i will let yall know as soon as i do!!! i hope we can bring some lucky BFPs huh ladies!!! good luck yall!

Well, just heard from the doctor and the beta test was a BFN. I was instructed to start Provera tonight so that my AF can come and I can start another cycle.

So it's on to cycle 2 on Clomid with 100mg.

I thought I was pregnant....I've thought that for over a week....all my tests (blue dye....I know I know...they suck)kept coming up positive....plus my boobs hurt like crazy and I've been super tired ....basically feeling pregnant like before with my girls.....but I've taken FRER and CB digi's and they are negative.....*big sigh* so I concluded I wasnt pregnant cause my test lines weren't getting any darker....my former docs always put me on BC to regulate but I'm TTC so I know the experience will be different.....does Clomid have any bad side affects? I've read some woman get put of Metmorfin (sp) and something about progesterone? Is that for severe cases or is that something that will eventually happen?

Thanks for responding! I could use the support!

Hey Pam! Welcome!! I noticed your stepsons name, and its funny I was just telling someone that Aubrey is the boys spelling of it. Progesterone can help start your period, and clomid is for ovulation. I'm not tooooo sure what Metformin is for, though. I wish you lots and lots of luck!!

FF said that I should get my AF today, but whatever. I dont even know why I bother with that site. My temps never change that much and irregular cycles make it hard to predict anything. Regardless, there has been no changes in my situation here. Still not spotting, still no cramps, and thinking that I need a nap right now!! Which I think I'm going to cave in to!
:dust:

Welcome -pam. Metforim is for insulin resistants and if you have PCOS helps regulate your period by controling your insulin levels.

Lady- Sorry about the BFN but at least you are on the next cycle and I hope this is it for you.

R&G- I had days with Met like that. That is why I can't take it any more.

Maira- GL on your trip. Can't wait for mine to come.

Ashley- GL with testing I hope it is BFP.

Nothing new with me. I am still having those horrid cramps but they are not in my legs this time so that is good.

hey red- do u get sharp pains kinda by ure rib cage? thats my new thing today and it hurts like hell. ...................i was looking it up on the prego calculator things online and i should be able to test next week, also it shows that the day i thought i was o'ing i should of been o-ing( i didnt even look that up to see if thats when i should of before)

hey ladies...why havent i found this thread before?? lol well I was diagnosed with pcos in oct 2007 and have been ttc for 3 years 4 months....my gyn had me on metformin this whole time (but i am NOT IR) so it hasnt been helping if finally got an appt with another gyn and she said enough of this metformin crap and referred me to a FS i have my first appt sept 30th....not sure what all they are gonna do for the first appt...i do know DH has to come so i am assuming he will have a SA..any other ideas what tests they will do for the first appt?

LOR-im sorry...hopefully next month will be your month!

red-thank you so much i do too

All the ladies in the 2WW - can you pleeeeeease test on Monday so I still get a chance to find out :winkwink: And best of luck of course :thumbup:

Kenzie - welcome to the thread :flower: See, Im not IR but am also on Metformin + Clomid. They say that Metformin tends to help Clomid working even in non-IR ladies. So Im sticking to my 3 pills a day

Two more Clomids left for me....But now Im getting slightly worried that I stuck to the same dose of 50mg - should I not have increased it as we didn't get the BFP? I know 50mg made me ovulate, but still....What would you have done ladies?

Lady - sorry about the BFN :hugs: But - onwards and upwards from here!! Best of luck for this cycle!!!!

Maria--the doctor didn't increase your dose because the 50mg made you ovulate. They wouldn't need to bump you up to 100mg unless the 50 didn't work! I guess maybe if you were prescibed a higher dose despite ovulating at a lower dose it may cause hyperstimulation of the ovaries?

Afternoon ladies :hi:

Can you help me get my head around two things.

First things - what is a luteal Phase?

Second thing - If I ovulated on the 6th Sept and had :sex: on the 7th and 9th would I have been in with a chance of catching the egg? and if so when would you test? This is the part I am confussed on as my period is due on the 12th. Do I have to wait 14 days from the 6th which would mean testing on the 20th of sept. or do I test on the 12th but wouldn't that be too early

Confussed.com :wacko:

thanks maria i was told to stay on my met hopefully i will get clomid or something to help me O and the met will help with it bc the met isnt doing anything alone

Kenzie - I was on Met alone for 3 months. It did nothing for me. I still didn't get any af. But then when I added Clomid to the euqation it worked the first month on 50mg. I think it's partly thanks to Met!

R&G - how do you know that you ov'ed on the 6th? But if you definitely did, it depends on how long the egg survived really. I have heard it can survive up to 24 hours but more likely dies within 12. So if you ovulated in the evening of the 6th and BD'ed in the morning of the 7th - then I think you are in with a good chance!
Luteal phase is the second phase of the cycle - the one after ovulation. Ideally it'll be around 14 days long. Anything shorter than 10 days indicates luteal defficiency. So if you ov'ed on the 6th, there's no way you should be starting af on the 12th! that would be too soon!

And the earliest you can realistically test is 9-10days past ovulation.

R&G - how do you know that you ov'ed on the 6th? But if you definitely did, it depends on how long the egg survived really. I have heard it can survive up to 24 hours but more likely dies within 12. So if you ovulated in the evening of the 6th and BD'ed in the morning of the 7th - then I think you are in with a good chance!
Luteal phase is the second phase of the cycle - the one after ovulation. Ideally it'll be around 14 days long. Anything shorter than 10 days indicates luteal defficiency. So if you ov'ed on the 6th, there's no way you should be starting af on the 12th! that would be too soon!

And the earliest you can realistically test is 9-10days past ovulation.

I used a clearblue ov test when I got home from work so about 7.30pm and got a smiley face :flower: thats when we had our falling out so didn't do anything till the evening of the 7th :dohh:

With regards to my period hopefully being on the 12th (thats when my last two have started) I am just going based on a 31/32 day cycle.

So the only thing I can do now is just wait and see if i have a period this month

hey ladies...why havent i found this thread before?? lol well I was diagnosed with pcos in oct 2007 and have been ttc for 3 years 4 months....my gyn had me on metformin this whole time (but i am NOT IR) so it hasnt been helping if finally got an appt with another gyn and she said enough of this metformin crap and referred me to a FS i have my first appt sept 30th....not sure what all they are gonna do for the first appt...i do know DH has to come so i am assuming he will have a SA..any other ideas what tests they will do for the first appt?

Really quick before I answer your question, I should tell you what my husband and I have had done. My husband had a SA early 2009. I have had ultrasounds to check my ovaries and uterus. I have had bloods drawn to confirm PCOS. And I have done 7 rounds of Clomid over a years worth of time and recently 2 rounds of Clomid and Ovidrel (will be explained later).

I just had my first appointment on August 13th. I was expecting a lot more at my appointment than what I received. I thought I would have some tests done and my husband would too. But, we didn't. My FS had a guy that was doing his residency there and so he came in and asked a bunch of questions. He then went to the FS and gave him our info. After a while, we were taken to the FS's office and sat down. He told us that there are 3 things for us to start off with before IVF or IUIs:

1.Clomid and Metformin
2.Clomid and trigger shot
3.Injections and trigger shot

Since I have already tried #1, he decided to have us try #2. Last cycle I did 100mg of Clomid and I had an Ovidrel shot on CD15 after ultrasounds showed a mature follicle-O but BFN. This cycle, I am on 150mg of Clomid and will have the Ovidrel shot again.

If all of this does not work after 3 cycles, then we move onto #3.

I asked if my DH had to have another SA and if I would have an HSG and he said not until after 3 cycles of #2.

So that is my experience with a FS. I hoped this helped and wasn't just another long post from me :haha:

I think at one point in time I promised not all my posts would be so long...woops :dohh:

thanks it really did help! I havent even been on clomid before so hopefully they will try to metformin and clomid and HOPEFULLY it will work....did you O on clomid at all? or just with the clomid and shot?

Afternoon ladies :hi:

Can you help me get my head around two things.

First things - what is a luteal Phase?

Second thing - If I ovulated on the 6th Sept and had :sex: on the 7th and 9th would I have been in with a chance of catching the egg? and if so when would you test? This is the part I am confussed on as my period is due on the 12th. Do I have to wait 14 days from the 6th which would mean testing on the 20th of sept. or do I test on the 12th but wouldn't that be too early

Confussed.com :wacko:

Y'all are going to get annoyed with me soon after all these long posts lol. I just have so much information that I have to let it out somewhere :shrug:

R&G- I have a few answers for you :hugs:

1. A luteal phase is the second half of your menstrual cycle. The first phase is the follicular phase...hence the follicles producing. The second phase is the luteal phase. This starts when you ovulate and will continue until you menstruate. It will usually last 10 to 14 days, sometimes longer and sometimes shorter. If it is shorter than the 10 days, then you may have a luteal phase defect. There are medications to help with that.

2. You had a + OPK on the 6th if I remember correctly. It is most likely that you didn't ovulate until the next day, which is when you and DH :sex: So I think you timed it perfectly :happydance:

3. If you ovulated on the 7th, then your expected period date is going to change. You should stick with the average of 14 days for a luteal phase if you don't know how long your luteal phase actually is. So if you O'd on the 7th, then you should be due for AF on the 21st. If you can hold off until the 21st to see if AF comes or you can test, then I would wait. But if you are like most of us, then you won't be able to wait :blush: So you can probably begin testing on th 17th.

Btw, just to clear things up....most people think that they ovulate the day they have the surge, but most of the time this is not true. Your surge is the LH surge that is detected by an OPK. LH stands for luteinizing hormone which causes ovulation after it's surge; taking you into the luteal phase. The LH surge signals your ovaries to release the egg. The release of the egg is gradual; not spontaneous like most believe. So when you have a + OPK, you can expect to ovulate in the next 12 to 36 hours.

For you R&G, this would mean that you probably ovulated sometime around 7:30am on the 7th to 7:30am on the 8th. If you :sex: on the 7th, you should have no worries :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->