PCOS Club!

Hi everyone, Im new to this thread, was just wondering if any of you have been able to find a way to control your PCOS and have regular cycles? I think i've pretty much tried everything and I still dont ovulate. Its really frustrating!!! Im normal BMI, seemingly healthy etc but just cant ovulate.....Im waiting for ovarian drilling & Lap & Dye op appointment to come through at the moment.....in the meantime i know I have zero chance of conceiving. PCOS is soo frustrating!!
Since you are normal BMI, I don't think there is much you can do about PCOS. I'm BMI 21, and my hormones are normal, but have polycystic ovaries and irregular cycles (can range from 26-54 day cycles).
I was BMI19 when I was 18, so I'm trying to get back to that, not that I ever had regular cycles - ever:blush:
the witch never came full force just spotting a tiny bit not even enough for a panty liner :wacko:
Could it have been implantation?

i dont know what the heck it is, im not really even cramping either. all i know is i have NEVER had only 3 days of spotting im going to talk to my gyn today and c what he says because its a little weird

Born, that really does sound frustrating!! Hope you get some answers soon! I was completely convinced that i'd ov on my 3rd cycle of clomid, I had the positive opk, peak fertility on my monitor, temp shift etc but my day21 blood showed that I def didnt. I had the opposite problem to you where AF showed at 6DPO! I didnt really get an answer when I asked my FS how it is possible to get af without ovulating!? Im thinking maybe the opk etc arent that accurate when on clomid? Sorry that doesnt really help you at all! ARe you supposed to start provera on CD35 to induce af?

When did you actually have your day 21 bloods drawn? They are meant to be drawn 7dpo and in your case, that would be CD2 of the next cycle since AF came 6dpo. This would mean that your labs would of course come back negative because you are into a new cycle and the progesterone would be extremely minimal. And if you had a longer cycle and/or didn't ovulate until after CD14, then your levels would be low also.

It is possible that you did ovulate, but your bloods were not drawn at the correct time. Also, if you actually started 6dpo, then you probably have a luteal phase defect and will most likely need progesterone supplements.

As far as not getting an answer about getting af without ovulating, it is difficult to explain. Pretty much, you may be bleeding, but it is not a true period. Your lining may have become too thick and it cannot hold any longer and therefore, you bleed. Or you could have a drop in estrogen, which can cause bleeding as well. Most doctors do not give out this information because the woman may not be able to comprehend it and/or because it will open up a whole new discussion and they don't have the time to address it.

Hi Ladies

I was just wondering, if any of you have 5 mins could you take a look at my OPK pics from the last cpl days.

I had a really strong line at 2pm today, but when I tested with a CB at 6pm the line had nearly disappeared completely.

Here is the link to topic I posted in TTC

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/424098-opk-help-please-ladies-pics.html

Would really appreciate any advice? xxx :wacko:

Also, if you actually started 6dpo, then you probably have a luteal phase defect and will most likely need progesterone supplements.

As far as not getting an answer about getting af without ovulating, it is difficult to explain. Pretty much, you may be bleeding, but it is not a true period. Your lining may have become too thick and it cannot hold any longer and therefore, you bleed. Or you could have a drop in estrogen, which can cause bleeding as well. Most doctors do not give out this information because the woman may not be able to comprehend it and/or because it will open up a whole new discussion and they don't have the time to address it.

Thanks for the info Courtney I think you are right about the docs not wanting to give out too much info, yours is prob the best explanation that I have come across!!

My CD21 BT was actually taken twice, once on actual CD21 and at 7DPO (CD24)...I do have a LP defect, my FS vaguely confirmed this by saying I obviously have problems in the 2nd half of my cycle. Ovarian Drilling, Lap & Dye is my way forward...am waiting for an appointment to come through now (could be up to 18 weeks!!!!!)

Ive read online tonight that spearmint tea can be good for reducing testosterone...Ive invested in some, bet its gross but I'll force myself to drink it! Has anyone tried this/ know if it works?

I've also bought some maca powder in an attempt to regulate my hormones, has anyone tried this?

nope sorry firefox i havnt heard of any of these... but i do have a question.? I ovulated on cd10 (very early) i only know from scans, so do i need to adjust the date my bloods are being taken? as it would be this thursday i should be going for them? i maybe will call my brs tomorrow and ask xxx

No I have to call if I don't get AF and BFN....because if for whatever reason the test was wrong then I have to get bloods done to ensure it truly is negative. I don't know I'll find out more soon....only 2 sleeps...lol

nope sorry firefox i havnt heard of any of these... but i do have a question.? I ovulated on cd10 (very early) i only know from scans, so do i need to adjust the date my bloods are being taken? as it would be this thursday i should be going for them? i maybe will call my brs tomorrow and ask xxx

Yes you do. You should be going in on CD17 since you will be 7dpo and that is what they base 21 day bloods on.

McMommy- they are all most postive hun. Maybe in the next couple of days they will turn postive. i hope this helps you out.

Hello girls! It's been a few weeks since I've ben on here. I've been really discouraged. My last AF was August 12th so I guess I didn't ovulate. This is the first time this has happened so I'm pretty down about it. On the bright side, I have my Clomid appointment tomorrow afternoon and am really looking forward to it. I'm nervous about a few things, like the side effects and the fact that twins already run in both of our families, but I want a baby more than I'm worried about these things. I hope you all are doing well!!
:dust:

Hey girls would you believe i just read through this entire thread!?!? Took me a while.... well i found out about 6 months ago that i had PCOS and once i learned about it it made total sence to me, i was on bc for 7 years and once i got off to ttc i gained 40 pounds quickly and didnt have my period after that. when 6 months went by i went to the gyno who just told me i was fat (im not that much overweight) and gave me clomid every month (not enough) i didnt even ovulate so i quit going until my friend referred me to her gyno and he diagnosed me after a year and a half ttc! yiked i took metformin for a bit then clomid 50 mg a day which the first time gave me horrible flu like symptoms and the second time 100 mg (i was scared) i ovulated that was last month with a 31 day cycle (i had my very first period on my own!) and then this month it happened again with a 28 day cycle im happy! so thats where i am lol by the way you girls are awesome and i wish i had the power to give you guys bfp's i totally would reading through all these posts have helped alot! im glad that i have people to actually relate to...i had no idea of anything before lol! anyways sorry for the long post but i love you guys~!! and gooooood luck! :)

doni- i totaly know the feeling. i was basically told the same thing and that im too young to have hormone issues like i told the doc it had to be. after 8 months of NO period something had to be wrong it wasnt untill they sent me to the specialst and she knew in about 10 mins what it was....they also put me on metformin and provera to start me off the the next month i started on a 38 day cycle yay! i just cant bring myself to bump up the metformin eventhough i know i need to...aggghhhh i just hate it. good luck with everything and i betthat did take some time to read through all these pages

Yes exactly my new doc knew in 5 minutes! crazy stuff! the metformin was hard for me too and im not sure it does anything but i just take it right before bed so if i get a tummy ache its when im sleeping, that helps alot! im thinking about asking my doc if there is anything else we can do even though this will only be my third month ovulating but still i have swore i was preggo the last two! Thats the worst part, its easier when you dont think you are! Gotta keep up hope...:happydance:

Yes exactly my new doc knew in 5 minutes! crazy stuff! the metformin was hard for me too and im not sure it does anything but i just take it right before bed so if i get a tummy ache its when im sleeping, that helps alot! im thinking about asking my doc if there is anything else we can do even though this will only be my third month ovulating but still i have swore i was preggo the last two! Thats the worst part, its easier when you dont think you are! Gotta keep up hope...:happydance:

You probably thought you were pregnant because you are not used to O. The vast majority of the symptoms we feel before AF shows are also just like pregnancy symptoms. And if you haven't had O in a long time, or since you started ttc, then you will probably be noticing more things that you never noticed before. So it is probable that you are just observing normal post O/premenstrual symptoms and associating them with pregnancy symptoms. We all do it and it completely sucks! Sometimes I wish that there was nothing posted on the net for pregnancy symptoms because they are so much like impending AF symptoms and it confuses the dickens out of is.

Oh and btw, I can't believe you read through all of this post! I remember a lot of the messages and also that there are a lot of really long ones posted by me. You have got to be crazy :hugs: It must have taken a good hour and a half to read :dohh:

Well, I'm back girls!!! Missed you!!

Had an absolutely fab time! a nice break from ttc obsession. But I'm sure it'll be back before I know it!
I must say I am really disappointed Clomid didn't work this cycle :( I was hoping to catch on holidays :( Oh well... Hubby and I will be going for our first joint appointment in about 10 days. It's been a year ttc for us so I'm hoping they will now test him too. I will also ask for Provera then to start a new cycle and another round of Clomid.

Doni - my GP could have diagnosed me 4 month sooner than they did!!! My bloods and symptoms were clearly PCOS yet the GP said it just takes a while for the pill to come out of my system. Grrr! I went to see a great gyni 4 months later (privately as cudnt deal with lack of periods anymore) and he diagnosed me within 5 minutes! Now I just had my 2nd round of Clomid which didn't work this time I'm afraid.

Any bfp's on here girls while I was gone? We haven't had one for aaaaages!

Well, I'm back girls!!! Missed you!!

Had an absolutely fab time! a nice break from ttc obsession. But I'm sure it'll be back before I know it!
I must say I am really disappointed Clomid didn't work this cycle :( I was hoping to catch on holidays :( Oh well... Hubby and I will be going for our first joint appointment in about 10 days. It's been a year ttc for us so I'm hoping they will now test him too. I will also ask for Provera then to start a new cycle and another round of Clomid.

Doni - my GP could have diagnosed me 4 month sooner than they did!!! My bloods and symptoms were clearly PCOS yet the GP said it just takes a while for the pill to come out of my system. Grrr! I went to see a great gyni 4 months later (privately as cudnt deal with lack of periods anymore) and he diagnosed me within 5 minutes! Now I just had my 2nd round of Clomid which didn't work this time I'm afraid.

Any bfp's on here girls while I was gone? We haven't had one for aaaaages!

None so far Maria :cry:

Have you read back to see what has happened with everyone yet?

Welcome back, Maria! :happydance:

I'm glad that you had a nice holiday, but thats sucky that Clomid didn't work!!!

You're coming back from holiday and I'm leaving! Heading to England for a long weekend to visit with the in-laws. I'll be back on Tuesday though. I'm taking all my OPKs and tests with me! Takes up quite a bit in my carry on bag. :dohh:

Hi ladies. Did any of you have a normal AF and when you started Metformin it changed? I was diagnosed with PCOS last week. I'm pretty sure I have been ovulating on my own. I always have the post O symptoms and my bbt rises afterwards. I don't have any weight issues. The only symptoms of PCOS I have is my blood work and ultrasound. I should have O'd today, but I haven't. My temp is all over the place. My cervix was high and soft and now it's high and hard. Just wondering if it changes your cycle if you were pretty regular.

Courtney - I have caught up with pretty much everyone I think. I just thought may be I missed a page or so :dohh: So do you think you had a late O or not at all this cycle?

Lady - have a great time! It's raining in the south of england right now and is quite cool. So pack a brolly and a raincoat!
I didn't take any of the opk's or the thermometer which I think helped me relax a bit! I couldn't help but go by the family planning section in Walgreen's though :dohh: I was thinking that may be pg tests are cheaper in the US - they are not at all! May be even a tad more expensive!

Lady - Boots in England are currently doing Buy one get one Free on First Response pg test and ovulation tests - they are meant to be the best so worth picking some for home :thumbup:

yup i take mine right before bed too and i wake up and right to the bathroom i go lol i NEED to bump it up again i have been on it for a little over 3 months now and im only at 1 pill a day, i should be at 3 already with no side effects and alot of weight loss but none of thats happend yet:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->