PCOS Club!

Lady, ID say you ovulated on day 16 or 17!!! You had all the symptoms. So you are about 3DPO!! How was your holiday?

Did you take 100mg this time?

My holiday was great, Maria! Though too short I think :haha:

Yes, I am on 100mg this time and I really hope it works! I'm going in this morning for bloodwork to check my progesterone levels....so I should have the results tomorrow! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

How are you doing, Maria? I haven't seen you on here lately.

sma - so sorry you are feeling low. I think the holiday and the new job are helping me not to think about ttc ALL the time. In fact, Ive just made lots of plans right till Xmas that certainly would go against pregnancy :haha: I just need to keep my mind busy with other things.
But last week was tough. I had 2 emotional breakdowns - one in front of Mum so now she also knows just how depressed I can feel :cry: It did helo though - to let it all out.

Lady - best of luck with the bloods! Im pretty confident they'll show you ovulated :happydance: And not long left till you can test! Let us know how you get on.
I will also increase my dose to 100. I know I ovulated on 50mg - but it was late (CD19 or20) and then didn't ovulate the 2nd cycle on 50mg. So increasing the dose won't hurt. It will also be the cycle when I get scans :happydance:

Has anyone heard from Courtney? Haven't seen her on here for ages!

firefox, my docs prescribed them. im currently seeing my doctors about everything at the moment, as was only diagnosed in august. im feeling nervous about the scan coming up, i hope it goes ok, and they dont find anything bad there. have been on metformin for the last week and ive joined weight watchers too, ive lost almost 4lbs, so im on the right track to lose weight :D xx

Hey thats brill that your doc prescribed it...Im seeing a doc tomorrow so will hopefully get tested for IR!

Keep us posted how the scan goes, im sure everything will be fine. Congrats on the weight loss too..sounds good!

i would say if anything you should get some provera or something like it to start a new cycle first. then take the soy... taking the soy is like taking clomid but in half...ex- 100 mg on soy equals 50 on clomid. you should take it just like your taking clomid so like 3-7 or whatever you choose. also i was doing the evening prim rose oil to help with cm but you only do that up untill O....

Thanks sma, Ive got an appointment tomorrow so will see if they will prescribe the provera to kick start my period!

Im praying that the doc i am seeing tomorrow actually takes me seriously, Ive had bad experiences in the past where they have just fobbed me off!

i would say if anything you should get some provera or something like it to start a new cycle first. then take the soy... taking the soy is like taking clomid but in half...ex- 100 mg on soy equals 50 on clomid. you should take it just like your taking clomid so like 3-7 or whatever you choose. also i was doing the evening prim rose oil to help with cm but you only do that up untill O....

Thanks sma, Ive got an appointment tomorrow so will see if they will prescribe the provera to kick start my period!

Im praying that the doc i am seeing tomorrow actually takes me seriously, Ive had bad experiences in the past where they have just fobbed me off!

good luck hun let us know how ou get on

ya just push the fact that u need it done and its not an option. you need to find out whats going on with your body or have them send you to another doc. its only blood test so its not like they have to do anything extra for you

thanks firefox, hope all goes well for you at the docs tmw, u deserve to know some answers.

so how long have you ladies been trying for a baby? xx

Yeah we will have been trying for 2 years in December!! It feels like forever.......

Lady - I just looked at your chart. I think you may have had an implantation dip on 6DPO!! If I were you, Id test already :happydance:

You think so? I'm still new at this charting thing so I'm not quite sure what everything means--the only thing I know is that it's good that the temperature stays up! :wacko:

I think the earliest I'm going to test is Friday....I'm trying not to read too much into anything. :haha:

Hey sma, I went to the docs today, Ive got the blood test for testing IR!! I practically had to beg for it though, the doctor said to me we dont just hand out tests just because we're asked for them!! Think I made a good case which persuaded her to give it to me in the end! Im not sure whether I will go for the test this week as I am trying a no carb diet so am thinking it will not be representative of my usual blood sugar levels...even with the 12 hour fasting - what do you reckon? Also now im pretty sure that my bt results will come back normal which will confirm her suspicions that it is a waste of time!!

I hate the way there is absolutely nothing that you can do to help pcos!! I asked about the low GI diet etc and she basically said dont bother! Also asked about soy iso and progesterone cream. She didnt know the effects of either so asked me to write a letter to which they will respond as to whether they are advisable to try.....

You think so? I'm still new at this charting thing so I'm not quite sure what everything means--the only thing I know is that it's good that the temperature stays up! :wacko:

I think the earliest I'm going to test is Friday....I'm trying not to read too much into anything. :haha:

Yeah, temp staying high is definitely a good thing! Not long to wait till Friday! Ill keep my fingers crossed for you!

Hey sma, I went to the docs today, Ive got the blood test for testing IR!! I practically had to beg for it though, the doctor said to me we dont just hand out tests just because we're asked for them!! Think I made a good case which persuaded her to give it to me in the end! Im not sure whether I will go for the test this week as I am trying a no carb diet so am thinking it will not be representative of my usual blood sugar levels...even with the 12 hour fasting - what do you reckon? Also now im pretty sure that my bt results will come back normal which will confirm her suspicions that it is a waste of time!!

I hate the way there is absolutely nothing that you can do to help pcos!! I asked about the low GI diet etc and she basically said dont bother! Also asked about soy iso and progesterone cream. She didnt know the effects of either so asked me to write a letter to which they will respond as to whether they are advisable to try.....

im glad u got her to order the test, i bet it took alot of work but hey u got it! as far as the test with ure diet, i dont think it matters too much because u have to fast anyways. saying they dont just give them out is crazy! well if it comes up that you dont have it then atleast u know thats not the problem. most of the time they will tell u to do a low gi diet with metformin so its up to you what you wanna do. they usually wont tell u anything about soy or progestrone because its not presribed at the docs. i would just go down and get it done when u can

yeah think i will just go on thurs then, like you say it shouldnt make any difference cos of the fasting anyway!

how did you find out about taking soy did anyone medical recommend it? The only reason im considering writing to the docs is because i will need provera to initiate af! Ive got a feeling they will either just ignore me or write back and say that its not recommended!

Has your clomid arrived yet?!

yeah think i will just go on thurs then, like you say it shouldnt make any difference cos of the fasting anyway!

how did you find out about taking soy did anyone medical recommend it? The only reason im considering writing to the docs is because i will need provera to initiate af! Ive got a feeling they will either just ignore me or write back and say that its not recommended!

Has your clomid arrived yet?!
well if you go then, maybe you can get your results faster. if it comes up that you r IR then usually they will give you metformin and c if that will start you on a new cycle if not they give you provera. as far as the soy i thik after i ordered angus cactus aka vitex i was looking up alot of info on it and found info on soy so i started on that. help from alot of ladies on here was great. i asked my gyn about it and he said he cant really give info on it because its not something they presribe. well if they ignore you just keep bugging them they cant tell you not to call or anything.

as for the clomid, it hasnt come yet i figure by the end of this month it should be here so i as long as i get it and get to take my provera before the 1st then IF i concieve that month i would be due around my b-day

i really hope so because this is so hard to go through. its ALL i think about, we think about cars and i think" will a car seat fit"? i go shopping for clothes and think " ok i need extra room so if i get preg i will have oom for my belly lol" i go shopping for material and buy stuff to make baby things and evn patters for sewing all ended up for baby stuff...ugggggggghhh i cant go through this longer....hopefully i get preg with it and NOT have to tell my docs lol if i dont get preg that ive already been on it

That is funny, my husband just bought a new truck and he got a quad cab so there would be plenty of room lol. I said ya i think a carseat will fit in here and he said maybe two! He always said he only wanted one, i knew i would change his mind haha

Sma-why does your signature say that you will be gutted in three years?

I am on cycle day 16 right now and last month that i tempted i ovulated on day 17 and things are looking good in that direction so lots of :sex: for us now lol! I love clomid btw...

Can anyone tell me how to put my chart on my signature?

Wheres everyone else in their cycle?

Sma-why does your signature say that you will be gutted in three years?

I am on cycle day 16 right now and last month that i tempted i ovulated on day 17 and things are looking good in that direction so lots of :sex: for us now lol! I love clomid btw...

Can anyone tell me how to put my chart on my signature?

Wheres everyone else in their cycle?

Go to the top of the page and click on "User CP" and then scroll down and on the left hand side is a tab that says "Edit Signature" and you can add anything you want to it. For FF charts, you go to FF, click on "Sharing" and then either make a ticker and copy and paste it into your signature or copy and paste the actual URL for your FF chart page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->