PCOS Club!

i see the lines too yay!!!!!!!1

asfm- i got my clomid in the mail today and my opks a few days ago.....so i have my provera to get me started if i dont start on my own,clomid,my bbt and prego test..im all set for next cycle!!!! now time to get serious

Thank you girls for all of your support. I wasn't very bummed yesterday, but after reading all your posts, it finally hit me :cry: Congrats Mrs. G, I am very happy for you...I just wish it were me :blush:

I had my screening scan today to check for cysts and I have one that is 13mm. So we talked about it and we are still going to continue with this cycle, but it is questionable :shrug: I am going to be starting at a lower dose of Follistim in order to keep the cyst from growing too much. If everything goes well, then we will be doing the IUI sometime around Thanksgiving :dohh:

As usual, I am going to stay away from this post until I can get my emotions back under control. I have such a hard time avoiding being negative and getting upset when I get slapped in the face by AF and then one of you gets and shares good news right after that. So I will talk to you ladies later and I hope everything goes well for you while I am gone :hugs:

Oh and Drakey, after eating, try waiting half an hour before you take your pill. Food travels slower and is digested slower than the pills.

aww courtney i do hope you get your bfp soon, it will be when you least expect it :), for example this month I have drank twice and me and hubby BD'd on the day i got positive OPK (we didnt the next day) but we did on the day after that, and it seems to have worked but i was sure i was out! :D good luck xx

Thanks girls. i hope you all get your BFP soon too :) im proof it can happen. :happydance:

this is my test today https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-tests/457850-12dpo-1st-time-2nd-line-frer-pg3-d-3.html xx :hugs: im going to have it confirmed tomorrow :happydance:

Thank you all so much for being there for me xxxx lots of love xxx

MrsG - CONGRATULATIONS :happydance::happydance:

That gives the rest of us hope :thumbup: It's funny though how faint the 2nd line is for 13-14DPO !! I would expect to get that at 10DPO with a nice thick line by 14DPO. Just goes to show not to bother testing before 12-13DPO!!!! As you may be disappointed for no reason!

sma - best of luck for next cycle. It does sound like you are all set! How long do you plan to wait before starting Provera?

Courtney, honey, Im pretty sure all of us on here understand exactly how you are feeling.....Of course you are happy for Mrs, but naturally we all just want to get our BFPs too and when you don't but someone else does everyone feels really jealous....I hope you feel better soon and can't wait to see you on here again.

afm - tomorrow hubby is producing the sample for testing :blush::dohh: I REALLY hope his results will be good! Also tomorrow is my follow up scan to look for cysts. Im only going to be 6DPO, but I hope she'll be able to see corpus luteum (sp?). Although I have my doubts - last time she didn't come across as very competent :growlmad: Then on Friday it's my progesterone test. So it's all systems GO at the moment :thumbup:
I like it that way - when Im busy with tests and stuff it keeps my mind from worrying about symptoms etc....

Mrs G Anderson

Yay! told you! ... least i dont have to plat snow now!.... that would have been a task in its self haha... congrats! hope we all follow you shortly! xx

Courtney - we all just have to try and keep positive, nothing else we can do. If only we could control our bodys and not the other way around! Thank you for the advice re Metformin, I had no quick dash to the loo last night, so fingers crossed tonights the same! xx

Maria - Gd luck, fingers crossed. Im sure everything will be fine :) xx

Yeah i hope everyone will follow me and we can be bump buddies in the first trimester together... roll on november/december bfp's all round :)

Maria - good luck for tomorrow with everything, my husband was very worried about his and he was fine so good luck xx

MrsGAnderson - Congrats on your BFP!

I'm trying to stay positive... I set out to get a BFP in 2010 and this cycle will be my last chance to get it - ergo this is the cycle I will get it. There is no other option. I'm on eggy mission impossible. :p

good luck everyone... im sending :babydust: around you all :) fingers crossed this little prawn sticks :D it still hasnt sunk in yet, maybe it will when i do my digi later on xxx

MrsG - CONGRATULATIONS :happydance::happydance:

That gives the rest of us hope :thumbup: It's funny though how faint the 2nd line is for 13-14DPO !! I would expect to get that at 10DPO with a nice thick line by 14DPO. Just goes to show not to bother testing before 12-13DPO!!!! As you may be disappointed for no reason!

sma - best of luck for next cycle. It does sound like you are all set! How long do you plan to wait before starting Provera?

Courtney, honey, Im pretty sure all of us on here understand exactly how you are feeling.....Of course you are happy for Mrs, but naturally we all just want to get our BFPs too and when you don't but someone else does everyone feels really jealous....I hope you feel better soon and can't wait to see you on here again.

afm - tomorrow hubby is producing the sample for testing :blush::dohh: I REALLY hope his results will be good! Also tomorrow is my follow up scan to look for cysts. Im only going to be 6DPO, but I hope she'll be able to see corpus luteum (sp?). Although I have my doubts - last time she didn't come across as very competent :growlmad: Then on Friday it's my progesterone test. So it's all systems GO at the moment :thumbup:
I like it that way - when Im busy with tests and stuff it keeps my mind from worrying about symptoms etc....

well i started it last month on cd 28 and it took 5 or 6 days of it then it took about 3 days for me too start so i would be on cd 37 by the time i start. im ready for the next cycle. but now the only thing thats going to through me off is OH just got a job today that the hours and days will be differnt from each day so im thinking i might have a problem temping

Hey Mrs G Congratulations thats brill news!!! Did you get regular cycles before taking clomid/ did you have 'bad' pcos symptoms?! You def give us hope :thumbup: wishing you a healthy happy 9months!!

Good luck with the clomid sma glad its finally arrived!!!!

Hey Mrs G Congratulations thats brill news!!! Did you get regular cycles before taking clomid/ did you have 'bad' pcos symptoms?! You def give us hope :thumbup: wishing you a healthy happy 9months!!

i had irregular periods until the last month before i started my clomid then it changed to 31-33days so it wasnt too bad. i found it very difficult to loose weight before i began it and had bad O cramps but hey its been worth it. FX this little pea sticks xxx:happydance:

good luck ladies :thumbup:

thanks hun, im glad to, now i just hope it works on the first round and have an extra x-mas present!!!!!! my luck my present will be my head stuck in the toilet the whole day:shrug:

Sma - I'm sure you won't change it for the world! Head stuck down the toilet, Christmas dinner tasting like hairspray, sore boobs and proudly saying No to alcohol :) I'd love that for Xmas!!! What dose are you starting on?

Congrats mrs G :)

I had my hormone blood test done this morning so im hoping I might be able to move my next appointment forward. Still on 1000mg of Metformin and might go up to 1500mg tomorrow as no bad side effects so far.

How is everyone doing?

I seem to hav come to a stand still with my wieght loss grr not sure if its coz of the metformin makin me bloated or what and im not doing n e thing different than usual! bloody bodys i tell ya! xx

Hi

Ive just been diagnosed with PCOS, have been suspecting it for a while, been ttc for a year now and GP just did 5 and 21 day bloods (and 28, and 35, meh)

So Ive been put on Metformin, 500mg a day for now, seem to be tolerating it ok so far. Will increase the dose next week.

I am overweight but only actually need to lose 2 more bmi before I can be seen my the fertility clinic. I already lost around 1.5 stone, so another 10 lbs or so and I'll be seen by them

My GP has said to give it until after christmas and contact him again, they will see if the metformin has got me ovulating. Im going to buy some more CBFM strips for next month, had given up on testing after 4 months of nothing, was too depressing.

He said that they are able to prescibe the Clomid directly, so I wouldnt necessarily have to wait to see the fertility clinic.

So, some questions

How long do ppl find it takes them before they ovulate on metformin alone?

Are there any steps in the process which my GP isnt telling me about? From what hes saying, it seems like if im not ovulating on Dec 26th, he'll put me on Clomid, sounds a bit untrue tho rly (will post this on the clomid branch too).

Im taking agnus castus, is there anything else I can do to help things along? Have a friend whos an actupuncturist, wouldnt charge me mates rates, but do ppl find this helps?

Many thanks

Helen

Hone - fab news that the Met isn't making you ill!

Cranberry - welcome to the thread :flower:

Ive been on Metformin for 3 months before starting Clomid - it did nothing for me :nope: But then Im not overweight or insulin resistant so may be it's not supposed to do anything for me :shrug:
Im now on my 3 round of Clomid.

As for our GP - it all depends on where you live. They don't follow the same process across the UK. For example Im in Sussex and our GPs are not allowed to prescribe Clomid so people have to wait for their fertility appointments. Worse still it now takes about 9 months to get the first appointment because the budget's been overspent months in advance :growlmad:

I tried angus castus but then read somewhere that it increases your LH levels - mine are alread sky-high because of PCOS so I stopped taking it.

so i just looked at ff on ipod app and i guess im on cd 19 but yesterday had a almost + opk along with some goopy streatchy cm im not to sure if that means im about to O or what.....it was watery from cd 14 and now im getting light opk this morning... does that mean O should happen soon or was happening?

Sma - I wouldn't start Clomid then. You wouldn't want to mess up with your hormones if you are about to ovulate. Is there any chance you can get a scan? Do you take your bbt?

Well, I went for my follow up scan. They can't see cysts anymore and I definitely ovulate out of my right ovary and potentially out of my left too! :happydance:
The womb lining is nice and healthy 12mm too!
I have my progesterone test tomorrow morning. And hubby had his SA done today too. So next week will be results week. Can't wait :happydance:

Hello. This is my first visit here. Is anyone out and about????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->