PCOS, TTC and 39

pittymomma18

Reaction score
I am feeling pretty crappy, and felt like I needed to read something positive to lift my spirits. ran across this website, so I know its been mentioned before it was just WAY back in 2012.

back story then question, known i've had PCOS sense I was 15-16...never really dedicated myself to having kids (fertility treatment wise) till my mid 30s.. I just hoped it just happened on its own. mostly my own ignorance of PCOS. two years ago I got pregnant for the first time and lost it at 5 weeks, here at the beginning of June I lost my second pregnancy again at 5 weeks.I went through 5 IUIS all failed and got pregnant the second time second month after giving up on the IUI. I just turned 39 and husband has no sperm issues, its just me.

Has anyone my age or in their 40s made it to term? I'm so scared ill not fall pregnant again cause of my age or ill end up loosing a third pregnancy, I was on metformin just not progesterone. it haunts my thoughts all the time and just hurts that I cant carry and have the hardest time even getting pregnant.
thank you

I am feeling pretty crappy, and felt like I needed to read something positive to lift my spirits. ran across this website, so I know its been mentioned before it was just WAY back in 2012.

back story then question, known i've had PCOS sense I was 15-16...never really dedicated myself to having kids (fertility treatment wise) till my mid 30s.. I just hoped it just happened on its own. mostly my own ignorance of PCOS. two years ago I got pregnant for the first time and lost it at 5 weeks, here at the beginning of June I lost my second pregnancy again at 5 weeks.I went through 5 IUIS all failed and got pregnant the second time second month after giving up on the IUI. I just turned 39 and husband has no sperm issues, its just me.

Has anyone my age or in their 40s made it to term? I'm so scared ill not fall pregnant again cause of my age or ill end up loosing a third pregnancy, I was on metformin just not progesterone. it haunts my thoughts all the time and just hurts that I cant carry and have the hardest time even getting pregnant.
thank you

Same here- I made it to 22 weeks but not full term. I took progesterone.
I do every month I try and conceive along with baby aspirin.

Good luck! I know exactly what you are going through. am 39 and Ive been pregnant twice as well. Sucks for PCOSers':hugs:

My repro endocrinologist put me on 200 mg coQ10 prior to conception to improve egg quality. I also take metformin.

We did progesterone for the first 10 weeks too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->