Peanut Butter?

taperjeangirl

Reaction score
Is anyone else eating it?
My MW said I should be fine as there is no nut allergies in my family or OH's and the peanut thing hasn't been researched that much so not to read into it too much.

I am REALLY craving peanut butter and jam on toast and desperately want to have some but I'm scared!!!!

I'm eating it. I asked my midwife and she said as long as there are no nut allergies in the family then it will be fine. I also looked it up on the internet and again it came up as fine. Everyone I know has also eaten peanuts and nuts and been fine, I think if there is no history of nut allergies in your family then you will be fine.

In the next 10 years we wont be able to eat anything, the list will be endless!

I cant stand nuts so that is one allergy i dont have to worry about, lol.

Mmm Peanut butter but i have to have it on toast with thick lashings of Dairylea :p

Craving or what

There's no reason to avoid it then:happydance:

Stop fretting and start scoffing:thumbup:

I've sat down with a jar of peanut butter, a package of crackers and a knife and just ate it for like 3 days. It says online and in What To Expect that its fine if theres no nut allergies - my doctor says its fine anyway because there hasnt even been a lot of research on if babies develop allergies in the womb.

I've been eating honey roasted peanuts all the way thru - YUM!! Go for it and indulge in your peanut butter & jam toast cravings!

Don't forget Snickers:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

i eat it and trail mix with peanuts, cashews, almonds, etc. I am not too worried. :hugs:

Oooh yeah i love it!!

Asda own brand organic is yum yum if you can get some, not too expensive either

I'm staying away from it but I don't miss it so it's not a problem for me. It's got loads of protein in hasn't it? You're probably craving it because your body needs something in it so go for it after what everyone's said :happydance:

xxx

I eat peanut butter almost every day. I LOVE peanut butter and jam sandwichs, I don't think I could make it 9 months without one. I say go ahead and indulge!

YAY! I just had some! Now i don't think I will be able to stop! ........
i have just started thinking about salt and vinegar flavoured peanuts now! Oooo we have a 24 hour Tescos and ASDA!!!! hmmm........

I have been told to avoid peanuts as I have asthma but have been told I can still eat other nuts? don't know why but it gives me a chance to indulge in pecans and macadamia nuts although I do only seem to be craving peanut butter on toast with lots of real butter (and runny boiled eggs). Hmmmmmm gonna go and get a white chocolate and macadamia nut cookie as big as my face on lunch

My midwife said its a big no no to eat peanut butter as its a concentrated form of peanuts, and to avoid peanuts generally as is can bring on allergies.
It was is leaflet she gave me too saying to avoid them.
I suppose small amounts wouldnt hurt but all in all i'm avoiding them same as i did with Ewan.

Ive avoided peanuts because of my eczema-dont want to be the cause of my baby getting it too. Otherwise i may have gone and eaten some, as i dont know of anyone with asthma or peanut allergies in my family.

This is a daft question-but im assuming its ok to eat peanuts if you're breastfeeding??

Ooh I'm so glad, it's been my guilty pleasure but I don't have to feel guilty about it anymore.
Plus my husband's from West Africa and they eat peanuts or peanut paste in everything, I asked him if he'd ever heard of peanut allergy and he said no, so figured it's ok

Ive been eating it! i had some fro breakfast yesterday on toast with jam...yum yum :rofl:

You're supposed to avoid it if you have any allergies or asthma yourself. I have suffered with asthma in the past and have dust allergies and hayfever, so I've been playing it safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->