People that work: Your Dinner?!

Amy-Lea

Reaction score
What do you have for your lunch in work? I started to realise that I was having a meal deal from boots every single day which isn't good as I was then encouraged to have crisps or chocolate with my dinner that I wouldn't of had at home.

The other girl that works here have a colander/seive/pans out and make big concoctions like pasta and pesto based things. I am quite consious about my dinner though and like to be quick, I dont actually how long I am meant to take so i just scoff a butty down and a bag of crisps.

Today I have had a mugshot 'pasta in a mug' and just ate it at my desk. I was thinking of bringing things in and having a ncie healthy luncg though such as jacket potatos/rice/salads etc and actually using the appliances provided, they're there for a reason aren't they?

So..random but...what type of stuff do you take/buy for lunch at work?

My OH takes these (they have about er, 3 flavours i think?) They are fantastic apparently and there is a pasta version too.

It has 2 pots that you microwave for a minute, 1 is the sauce, other is rice :)

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/files/ImageGallery/Grocer.co.uk%20pics/uncle%20ben%20rice%20time.jpg

https://fussfreeliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Dolmio-PastaVita-Sweet-Pepper.jpg

They actually look really nice, might look out for them.

I make a sandwich and take it in to work with me. Now winter is here I'll sometimes take soup in a flask instead! :thumbup:

I don't eat processed foods if I can help it. I take Wasa rye crackers with organic peanut butter and then I will slice bananas ontop. Some other things are Cottage cheese with fruit. Salads...with meat. One day I made a fried rice with scrambled eggs..which was yum, but it required effort the day before. Cream cheese, tomato and cucumber sandwhich (I bring the veg seperate and put them in right before eating). I have only eaten out twice since working there...I hate wasting money, plus it is usually full of calories.

i go to waitrose at lunch and get dips like tzatziki or hoummous then get pitta/celery/carrot/cucumber etc - thats pretty filling.

or i get sandwiches; salmon, cream cheese etc.

i sometimes take in leftovers, but cant have any red meat as my boss is a hindu and wont have it in his fridge..

we get fruit delivered so i mostly scoff that, saves me buying my own :lol: sushi sometimes aswell if we have open days, and there are always snacks, yoghurts, peanuts etc hanging around. pretty handy actually.

x

I normally go to the little bakery across the other side of the road from where I work.
Sometimes I take salads,or toasties(well I take the bread and stuff and make them at work),other times I have leftovers from last nights tea:thumbup:

I work part-time and the only full day I work where I need to take lunch in is a Monday. Usually sunday night I do soup or tonight for example I did a vegetarian chilli and I'll take that in for lunch. I also take in half cooked baked potatoes and finish them off in the microwave in the staff room sometimes and fill it with butter and houmous. Also ryvitas with different toppings and stuff like that. Sometimes I can't be arsed though and just get a sandwich from the shop over the road! xx

we get our lunch/tea provided. lunch is a selection of sandwiches/fruit/salad, tea is something warm.. stews, pasta, pizza, meat & veg.. allsorts x

I have the same thing EVERYDAY, a low fat cheese spread sandwich, 2 apples and 3 rich tea biscuits for snacks. Sounds super-dull in type actually :haha:

I usually take a bread roll in and have a cup a soup for lunch and some fruit. Or I get something from our canteen as we have a very good cook. But I tend to stick to light meals at lunch.

You can get soup in a pre portioned microwaveable container from most supermarkets. I usually take that (with a bread roll) or a salad or homemade sandwich, then some fruit and yoghurt.

McDonald's (I work there) or Pita Pit (it's across the parking lot)... sometimes, if I am organized, some leftovers from home :rofl:

Thermos flask full of lovely home made soup is good at this time of year!

xx

i feel SO inferior next to all you 'home made' lunchers... im a slob :lol:

I have Mugshots too. Love them, especially the roast chicken one and the chicken and mushroom cous cous one. They're free on Slimming World too, that's how I started on them but I love them now. I also take in one of the pre-made jelly pots, that are less than 10 calories, a banana and 2 apples. I usually have nuts and those little boxes of raisins in my desk drawer for extra snacks too.

When I did work I never took my lunch in, mainly because I would eat it by 10am then have to go buy something else at lunchtime.

The building I worked in had a little cafe downstairs, so I would pop down order something (usually a full english breakfast for £2.95) then they would bring it up for me when it was ready....how I never ended up the size of a house whilst pregnant I'll never know!

I used to just buy something from the staff canteen but ive recently started making wraps with like tuna/chicken mayo and salad.
I like to take fruit in, but by the afternoon im dyin for something sweet so go to the vending machine and buy chocolate.

I work in a large team so theres always a birthday and theres always cakes around...Why cant people celebrate with a punnet of grapes :haha:

I used to take a sandwich and a cuppa soup in. And some fruit.

I always make my lunches at home and reheat if need be at work, some of the things I take are;

Couscous with mixed vegetables (peppers, mushrooms, onion & courgettes)
Pasta & Sauce
Homemade soup
Ham & Cheese bagels
Tuna Salads

What I tend to also do is if we are cooking something like spag bol, curry, etc I tend to make a bit more so I can have it for my lunch the following day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->