People that work: Your Dinner?!

we get our lunch/tea provided. lunch is a selection of sandwiches/fruit/salad, tea is something warm.. stews, pasta, pizza, meat & veg.. allsorts x

I want to work at your place lol x
I usually take, homemade soup, leftover chilli, ryvita with philly & cucumber, chicken salad wraps, spaghetti hoops & have it with toast, cheese & ham sandwich then toast it at work & salads with either meat or fish x

i go to waitrose at lunch and get dips like tzatziki or hoummous then get pitta/celery/carrot/cucumber etc - thats pretty filling.

or i get sandwiches; salmon, cream cheese etc.

i sometimes take in leftovers, but cant have any red meat as my boss is a hindu and wont have it in his fridge..

we get fruit delivered so i mostly scoff that, saves me buying my own :lol: sushi sometimes aswell if we have open days, and there are always snacks, yoghurts, peanuts etc hanging around. pretty handy actually.

x

is it his fridge or the staffs fridge?!x

i used to work ;)
on my way into work in the mornings i would go and get a meal deal from tesco but i'd get a small bag of those sliced apples too.

i did try making my lunch the night before for a while but it didn't last too long :haha: i used to make a lot of tuna pasta with sweetcorn!

i go to waitrose at lunch and get dips like tzatziki or hoummous then get pitta/celery/carrot/cucumber etc - thats pretty filling.

or i get sandwiches; salmon, cream cheese etc.

i sometimes take in leftovers, but cant have any red meat as my boss is a hindu and wont have it in his fridge..

we get fruit delivered so i mostly scoff that, saves me buying my own :lol: sushi sometimes aswell if we have open days, and there are always snacks, yoghurts, peanuts etc hanging around. pretty handy actually.

x

is it his fridge or the staffs fridge?!x

because im in the exec lounge upstairs, we have our own kitchen for just 4 people... so as the owner, its 'his' fridge.

If i wanna take red meat in, it has to go in the staff fridge on the floor below... lets not go there. its VILE.

i went and bought scones yesterday from waitrose, so i have those today with my jam thats in the fridge. thats about as far as 'making my own' goes!! i do have all 3 meals here though most days, so i guess i can be excused! id be carrying a picnic basket if i brought my whole days worth in LOL x

I make soup and take some bread and butter, or take sandwiches, or leftovers. :)

Very rarely I have something from Pret as a treat but I keep going in there and not fancying anything!

because im in the exec lounge upstairs, we have our own kitchen for just 4 people... so as the owner, its 'his' fridge.

If i wanna take red meat in, it has to go in the staff fridge on the floor below... lets not go there. its VILE.

i went and bought scones yesterday from waitrose, so i have those today with my jam thats in the fridge. thats about as far as 'making my own' goes!! i do have all 3 meals here though most days, so i guess i can be excused! id be carrying a picnic basket if i brought my whole days worth in LOL x

staff fridges are minging to be honest. we had some sarcastic message on ours about it not being a science experiment!

I refuse to use our staff fridges. I usually put my lunch together the night before and the lunch bag I use is one of the insulated cool bag types so I just leave it in the fridge at home over night and most things are still cool come lunchtime.

Most nights it's just cereal or a peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or frozen dinners. :rofl:

By the time DH and I get home from work, feed the puppies and get ourselves settled, it's close to 7pm and neither of us feel like cooking.

Oh wait a second...is your dinner our lunch? :dohh: :dohh:

In that case, we either bring sandwiches or I'll just buy from the cafeteria.

I have sandwiches mainly but if there is left overs from the night befores tea I take that too :). which always tastes better than it does on the night!

With a yoghurt, biscuit and then a packet of crisps or if pudding is left over in work I have a pudding. e.g. rice pudding or ice cream and fruit.

Now im on maternity leave I hardly eat anything. I dont even want tea anymore when it comes to tea time

the fridge downstairs had decomposing fruit and spaghetti in there once, with bright green loaves of bread. solid milk, the lot.

I take sandwiches or pasta and a yoghurt or Muller Rice pot.
I have also taken the mashed potato snack pots from Asda (4 for £2) and use the microwave at work
https://i2-groceries.asda.com/g/450/267/20450267_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

Or I just pay £1.50 and have whatever the kids are having (I work in a nursery), if I'm lazy ><

I haven't used our fridge kitchen yet I feel like I am stepping in there territory seeing as I've not been there long. I keep my juice & fruit in one of the fridges in the showroom :blush: people always open it and are like 'oooh' :rofl: (I work in a kitchen showroom)

When I'm in school I usually take sandwiches from home for lunch or go to canteen and have a soup or something. OH takes a burger cause he works next to Hesburger and gets discount :cry:
For dinner we make something quick and easy - potatoes with minced meat sauce, rice with minced meat and paprika etc.

Well, usually stuff from the van that comes to our facility - its a 25min walk there and back to the shop and we only get 30 mins.

So a sandwich, crisps juice and a youghurt.

Some days I just have soup. Today I was meant to take with me some veggie curry I made last night (OH is away so I made THE biggest veggie curry and scoffed it - OH hates veg curry. and all veg really!). I do need to be more healthy.

I used to take pasta that I made the night before, or sandwiches, and other days i spent my lunch in a cafe etc :haha:

today, i have ordered dominos. i take ordering in to a new extreme though - a few weeks back i bought 6 of us lunch, so there were pizzas, sides, drinks all sorts flying around, reception didnt know what was going on :lol:

My DH takes the exact same thing everyday!

2 grated cheese sandwiches, crisps, banana, apple or orange, 2 choc biscuits, he some times takes a cuppa soup, mug shot or pot noodle if he doesn't take sandwiches or he goes greggs or mcdonalds down the road! He takes them oats so simple porridge pots for breakfast too! x

I make pasta to take to uni with me, I add mayo and sweetcorn then quorn fillets chopped up but can add anything to it. Other days I make wraps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->