Perenium oil to help you stretch??

dannyboygirl

Mom to Baby Cubz
Reaction score
What oils are everyone using? I want to start now bc I know it takes 6 weeks for it to start to work.. What oils work down there? Thanks so much.

I heard lanolin...:hugs:

I'm using plain almond or olive oil.

I'm so glad someone asked this. I was wondering if I should start using an oil on that area. So is there any special way to apply it or just gently massage to the entire area um, between the two holes (for lack of a better way of saying it!) :blush:

You're not actually massaging between the 2 holes. You'll need to put your thumbs or fingers about 1-1.5 inches inside your vagina, and press down towards your back passage and to the sides at the same time. You'll feel it starting to sting or tingle then hold the pressure for about 2 mins or so until it starts to go numb. Then start to massage all the way down your lower vagina (don't go too high and try to avoid the urinary opening) and keep it going for about 3-4 mins.

I've been told not to start until 34 weeks, but I'm sure each midwife has a different time frame.

Thanks, that definitely helps to know what I should be doing!!! And here I thought I only had to worry about the outside area!

any pure oil would work such as coconut oil (what we use), olive oil, vegetable oil, almond oil, avacado oil etc...just make sure it's 100% and non fragrant etc..

Someone posted a youtube video on here a while ago demonstrating how you do it - I'd have a look on there myself for a link but am at work which could prove pretty embarrassing...

I don't know about specific oils but mothercare do a special perineal massage gel which I was gonna try - I just dont like the idea of putting vegetable/olive oil down there for some reason

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->