Perenium oil to help you stretch??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by dannyboygirl, Jan 27, 2011.

1. dannyboygirl

dannyboygirl Mom to Baby Cubz

What oils are everyone using? I want to start now bc I know it takes 6 weeks for it to start to work.. What oils work down there? Thanks so much.

I heard lanolin...:hugs:

2. Lilly12

Lilly12 Mommy & #2 on board

Pure vegetable oil will work.

3. ummar

ummar Well-Known Member

I'm using plain almond or olive oil.

4. bernina

bernina Well-Known Member

I'm so glad someone asked this. I was wondering if I should start using an oil on that area. So is there any special way to apply it or just gently massage to the entire area um, between the two holes (for lack of a better way of saying it!) :blush:

5. kiwimama

kiwimama Soon to be family of 4!

You're not actually massaging between the 2 holes. You'll need to put your thumbs or fingers about 1-1.5 inches inside your vagina, and press down towards your back passage and to the sides at the same time. You'll feel it starting to sting or tingle then hold the pressure for about 2 mins or so until it starts to go numb. Then start to massage all the way down your lower vagina (don't go too high and try to avoid the urinary opening) and keep it going for about 3-4 mins.

I've been told not to start until 34 weeks, but I'm sure each midwife has a different time frame.

6. bernina

bernina Well-Known Member

Thanks, that definitely helps to know what I should be doing!!! And here I thought I only had to worry about the outside area!

7. membas#1

membas#1 mommy at last!

any pure oil would work such as coconut oil (what we use), olive oil, vegetable oil, almond oil, avacado oil etc...just make sure it's 100% and non fragrant etc..

8. jollymum

jollymum Well-Known Member

Someone posted a youtube video on here a while ago demonstrating how you do it - I'd have a look on there myself for a link but am at work which could prove pretty embarrassing...

I don't know about specific oils but mothercare do a special perineal massage gel which I was gonna try - I just dont like the idea of putting vegetable/olive oil down there for some reason