Person who lived in this flat before me

K

Katieeeee

Aiden and I moved into our new flat on the 30th of November...So been here nearly a month now. From what I can gather, the flat was empty for a month before we moved in. So whoever was here before has been elsewhere for almost 2 months now.

So why is it that EVERYDAY I am still getting flipping post for her?! It's doing my head in :growlmad: Her bank statements are still getting sent here, (I can tell they're bank statements cos I'm with Halifax too and they're the generic envelopes they use for them)...there have been 2 letters which have "Tv Licensing" on the back...letters from the council, christmas cards from people, EVERYTHING is still getting sent here! :hissy:

And to top it all off, she owes British Gas about £300 odd quid. I got a couple of letters addressed to the present occupier, and I rang them just after I moved in saying that whoever used to live here clearly hadn't paid their bill. They then closed her account and set me up a new one...but yesterday I got ANOTHER letter from them to the "present occupier" saying they wanted 300 quid...it said in the letter though that they'd had to close the account because they'd been informed by another customer that they'd moved in here.

It's really doing my head in! I reckon she did a runner...why would she not have gone to her bank and changed her address? Unless she has debt collectors after her?!

I'm gonna take all this post to the big Royal Mail place and ask them if they can stop sending her post to my address!!

Oh, AND...the other day the postman knocked on my door said I had something to sign for....I saw a big parcel in his hand and a few letters so I assumed I was signing for my parcel...got in the door, it wasn't for my parcel, it was for a great big bloody envelope for HER sent by recorded delivery!! :hissy:

I still get mail for the old tennants here and I have lived here almost 3 yrs!!

We still get mail for the people who lived here before the person we bought this place from. We've lived here for 4.5 years now.

Just stripping off the wall paper to decorate the nursery recently, we found "Kelly Loves C**k" written on the wall... thanks Kelly!

In my old house I used to get mail everyday for the previous 4 tenants! Two of whom were in trouble with loans companies and owed a lot of money as I found out when I accidently opened one or two thinking they were for me.

Could be worse! I get a baliff from a different company coming here at least once a month at 6am for the previous tennants! Drives me nuts. When you get mail for her put a big line through her name and write "NOT AT THIS ADDRESS" and bung it in the post box :) x

We still get mail for the people who lived here before the person we bought this place from. We've lived here for 4.5 years now.

Just stripping off the wall paper to decorate the nursery recently, we found "Kelly Loves C**k" written on the wall... thanks Kelly!

HAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

in my old flat and new im still gettin post for people who lived here years ago so just ignore it lol.

in my first flat i found a big pair of pants and a baby vest behind my radiator hahah

We've got the same problem here! We've been here since Sept and our landlord said it'd been empty for a month or two before, what he didn't say (probably because he didn't know!) is that yes, the gas/electric are pre-pay but we only found out a few weeks after living here that the previous tenant owes British Gas £1500!!! :shock:

I've also had a man banging on my front door, dressed up trying to get me to sign for a letter from the magistrates court because he thought i was her that lived here until i explained! We get post everyday for her, bank, council tax, tv, credit places but we save it in a pile on the stairs then every couple of days post it back in the post box with big 'does not live at this address' on it!

So frustrating, i know :hugs:

5 years we've been in our flat and we still get post! It's put to one side marked Return to Sender, Not Known at the Address and posted when we go to the post box.

Do you know if the previous tenent has been re-housed by the council? If she has perhaps drop them in their offices when your next in town and let them pass it on!

Arghhh Katie I have this too! I've had debt collectors come to the door for our previous tenants- it's horrible! I had to show proof of who I was for them to sod off :(

Arghhh Katie I have this too! I've had debt collectors come to the door for our previous tenants- it's horrible! I had to show proof of who I was for them to sod off :(

That's not on Emily, especially with little babies to worry about! Insulting that you have to provide proof of who you are in your own home as well.

We got a lot of letters for previous tenants in our old flat who were clearly in a lot of debt. One afternoon I wasn't busy at work so I phoned all the companies who were wanting money from the old tenants and told them they were no longer at the address. I bunged everything back in the post with 'return to sender - addressee gone away' marked on them.

E-on are still sending letters here after 3 yrs even though i have my own account with them ...they just keep chasing x

We get the police and CSA over here regularly for the old tenant... count yourself lucky u just get the post!!! It is bloody annoying tho!!!

We have this, though it's been a bit better the last few months. We've lived here for 3.5 years, and still get mail for not only the people before us, but the ones before them too! We write "not known at this address, return to sender" on it all, and bung it in the postbox, but we're still getting stuff.

We actually ended up changing our phone number too, as the number had obviously belonged to someone who'd had major debt problems. Kept getting calls at all hours, and the snotty people who were calling obviously didn't believe us every time we said that no, we weren't Mr or Mrs Miller, and no, this wasn't 125 Whatver street they thought it was! They just kept calling! Then we started getting calls where someone was just breathing down the phone, so we contacted Virgin and they changed our number :thumbup:

I used to live in a house with my ex. We moved out over 2 years ago and now my dad rents the house to a family friend. They are forever ringing me up saying my ex's mail has gone their still. He also keeps askin me to ask them if certain things have gone there. Its so frustrating I wish he would sort his sh*t out. Its things like bank statements and car tax documents. I mean, why wouldnt he have sorted it by now. He has lived at 3 addresses since that one. I feel embarrased all the time to have to keep asking for him/getting told he has mail.

I moved in to my current flat in August and was getting EVERYTHING for the previous tenant, and like you it was driving me mad, everything was red letters and even court summons! Then the bailiffs started knocking, I had to show them my passport and tenancy agreement to prove I was a new tenant, it was awful and I didn't know what to do. After the 4th set of aggressive bailiffs came round at 1130 at night (!!!!) I just flipped and phoned the police.

They came round and took all the details, and all of the post, and then came back a few days later and told me the previous occupant was dead! Oops! He was in hospital for 7 months before he died so that's why all his bills were unpaid, and then he died. I felt really bad but since the police took over and got confirmation of his death I haven't had a bailiff since, and all of the red letters have stopped, just get junk mail now.

We still get mail from our previous tenant even though we have been here since May, she had the cheek to come to the front door and get assey because we hadnt forwarded it on! :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->