persuading OH to downsize his fish tank!

C

cherryglitter

i need help...

OH has a huge double fish tank (cabinet with 4ft on top, 2ft on the bottom) that takes up one of the alcoves in our living room.

now i'm DESPERATE for a dining table. it will be easier for jake to eat when he's a bit older and will just generally be handy for colouring etc. the space the fish tank would leave is perfect for one of those drop leaf tables that you can store the chairs in.

i've suggested downsizing the tank and moving it to the otherside of the room but he is having none of it. it's getting to the stage where it's getting me down (stupid i know) :dohh:

anyone got any ideas on how i can get him to understand?!

Having table manners is IMHO more important than fish :rofl:

V xxx

lmao, see now if OH were a woman he would understand that ;) but as he's bloke i don't think he knows what table manners are.

it's not like i'm telling him to get rid of the fish i just want a smaller tank somewhere else! bloody thing. the more i look at it the more i think the hoover might accidently fall through the glass..

with blokes it's all about their size :rofl:
his cousin has the biggest tank with the biggest fish i think i've ever seen. so he's in competition with him i think.

very immature :smug:

can you ask him to move it?

I feel your pain lol.

We have in kitchen: 1 4ft long tank and 1 3ft tank. The table is next to it so the kids like to watch them when eating dinner.

Tank in dining room 6ft (not actually used as dining room!!)

Tank in Lounge 6ft

Tank in hallway 4ft.

My OH would never get rid of his tanks lol..

ever wondered whats causing water shortage lol?

I would put the idea in his head. Normally what works with my OH is to make him think that its his idea!

oooh that's a good idea MF.
i feel so bad for you having those everywhere :haha:
i would ask him to move it but because it's so big there's no where to move it to :(
drives me mad. it just wouldn't fit anywhere else apart from our bedroom i think but he wouldn't have it in there.

neither would i come to think of it, too noisy!

They are quite noisy to have upstairs, They do annoy me and cost shit loads in electric but he makes money from them lol.

Hope you manage to sort it x

if OH was making money from it i probably wouldn't have an issue ;)
i remember when he went through the phase of wanting to have marine fish, i managed to talk him out of that one. :dohh: would've cost a fortune.
now he's all for building a cabinet for these fish that will be built onto the wall blah blah, i don't really listen to him much when he's talking about it all :rofl:

oh and he's looking for a big piece of bogwood too!

Bloody big wood, always have a bit in the bath because OH trying to clean them ffs!!

LOL OH was on about boiling his.. i was thinking "not in my pans you're not!!"

I have just got to the stage where I have given up lol everytime I try he ends up coming back with more bloody tanks!!

lol! I am after a bigger tank so this made me laugh! hehe! we have a 160L tank and i desperately want a bigger one.

lol! I am after a bigger tank so this made me laugh! hehe! we have a 160L tank and i desperately want a bigger one.

omg you would love my OH. We have two tanks that are 700L. :dohh:

lol! we have only had ours for about a year but we love it! I had one when i was younger too. there as so many different fish i want but no room left in the tank lol!

We only have 3 fish in one of the biggest tank as they are messy buggers and need big tanks.

The tanks in our house are mine lol. I have a 4ft and a 3ft both in the living room. I would love more but not really got the space. Good luck getting him to downsize! Couldn't do it myself, I'd probably cry if I was told to downsize lol

The tanks in our house are mine lol. I have a 4ft and a 3ft both in the living room. I would love more but not really got the space. Good luck getting him to downsize! Couldn't do it myself, I'd probably cry if I was told to downsize lol

My Oh would never downsize, only increase :(

i think we're making progress.. he now wants a coffee table fish tank though instead :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->