persuading OH to downsize his fish tank!

If you work it out can you let me know?

HUbby has just upgraded from a 2ft marine nano tank to a 5ft monster marine tank!

was going to say can you not get a coffee table or a table of any sort that has the fish tank underneath?
a shop near where we live has fish inside the counter.. looks really nice!!! x

the coffee table ones do look lovely but i'm VERY paranoid about jake... i can just see him smashing it into a thousand pieces, water and fish everywhere..

LOL I'm with your husband... sorry! I'm a fish nerd too. I've got a 100 gal in the living room, a 20gal marine (soon to be upgraded to 60 gal) in the dining room and a little shrimp tank in the kitchen!

The coffe tables look nice but I imagine a pain to clean and do they have space for pump?

I'm with your DH, it broke my bloody heart to have to give up on my fish tanks. We moved country though, there was simply no way. DH did mention this week that perhaps we can get an aquarium here though!!! =D

I'd personally never, ever get a fish coffee table. Filters will look horrible in it, you'll have electric cables coming from your table (filters, lights if you want to keep any type of plants in there, heaters) and on top of that it's rather stressing for the fish if you actually use your table. Putting cups down will make a heck of a noise and can make them quite jittery.

I'd also not trust any toddler to not find their way in or throw things in the water with it being so easily accessible.

I used to work in a fish shop that had a coffee table with rays in. It was a bit crap... condensation wasn't good because you couldn't see in properly, and it needed two people to lift the top to get in to feed the fish.

I'm with your OH on this one - of all the hobbies he could have, just be thankful it's fish!

Have a think about what else could be moved around in the room (or taken out) to make space for a dining table ... as you have room for a coffee table sized tank, I'm guessing you have at least some room to play with.
Or
Have another think about space saving tables
Maybe one that converts from a coffee to a dining table like this one
https://www.momoy.com/2010/07/12/cr...ng-table-design-by-steve-spett-and-ron-barth/

or something that folds up and can be packed away like this one
https://hardwareaisle.thisoldhouse.com/2008/08/dine-and-stash.html

However you resolve it, I think you're going to need to do some give and take here, cuz your OH is unlikely to ever agree to a proposition that looks like this:
I need space for a dining table, so your big fish tank has to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->