Picking up children while preggers?

I carry my 32lb 2yr old in a sling/carrier /wrap sometimes for several hours at a time. I carried his older brother throughout his pregnancy. I wore ds1 on a trip to the zoo when I was 38+5 with ds2!

There have been short periods in this pregnancy where I have carried my 4yr old in a wrap (but he isn't much heavier - about 33lb!)

I have also worn one on the front and one on the back at times.

But I am very used to carrying/wearing them so I think nothing of it. If I struggled, felt uncomfy or had spotting I might change habits but so far it's been fine.

I work with 18 months - 6 year olds who every now n then need to be picked up due to bein hurt or need some tlc as bad as this sounds I've. Been spottin n still moved heavy cupboards n boxes .. Yes im only 8 weeks n baby fine but I do agree with the statement that everyone is different .. So wat works for me might not work for u listen to ur body n u will b fine

I am a preschool teacher and I have 10 18 months - 2 years, 20 2-4 year olds and 10 5 year olds in my school. All who like to be picked up, rocked to sleep ect lol. When should I stop picking them up?

If it's something you've been doing, you can generally keep doing it unless you feel faint, dizzy, the doctor tells you not to, or something like that. Since your body and muscles are already used to it, it won't be putting a big strain on you or anything.

You can always take it easy if you find yourself getting tired out more quickly - and maybe ask the bigger kids to come sit on your lap instead of lifting them up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->