Pierced Belly Buttons...

Jo1984

Proud Mam to Thomas
Reaction score
Wondering who has one & if you are planning on taking it out & letting it close up during pregnancy??
Or if you're going to get one of those big pregnancy belly bars??

I can't decide what to do with mine :?: I'm wondering what others do??
I like mine now but I've always had a flat stomach in the past & I dont know if i'll end up with a stomach I hate & dont want anyone to see anyway..... Hope this makes sense!!

I know I'll have to decide soon as my belly button is getting shallower!

Joanne xx

I took mine out when I first found out I was pregnant. I never really took that much attention to it and I never had it on show, so it was an excuse for me to take mine out lol! x

I took mine out a couple of weeks ago but every couple of days I poke the bar though to keep it open.
I'll only put it back in if my belly looks somewhat decent after the baby is born.

it shouldnt close up if you take it out, not if you've had it a while.

i took mineout as it looked odd and put it back in the day after alex was born.

I'd say take it out, I had mine done and it got infected all the time and you don't want an infection when you're pregnant! :nope:

I had mine redone as it got infected so I had to take it out, then a few months later the body bar fell out and I didn't realise for a couple of days and it healed up again (don't think I'll bother having it done again! lol) Maybe this could be an option though if you decided you wanted it done at a later date? :)

I took mine out when I first found out I was pregnant. I never really took that much attention to it and I never had it on show, so it was an excuse for me to take mine out lol! x

Same here! I only took it out a few weeks ago but DH was on at me to take it out from the moment I got my BFP!

i would take it out when i was preg with my son i kept mine in then when it got tight swapped it to a pregnancy belly bar, which is longer and bends with your bumo but yet it didnt help me at all. keeping my belly bar in cause a huge stretch mark up from my piercing and it looked horrible and its only just fading now , but im expecting it to reapper when my bump grows lol. i dont think this happens to everyone as it never happened to my mate thats why i wasnt bothered but now i wish i took it out cus ive got this huge mark my belly, ive never put it back in since though i do re pierce it now and then . xx

I took mine out the same day I got my BFP lol. Don't think I'll bother putting it back in after pip's born.. Ill have to much else to worry about than weather my tummy button looks good or not lol xx

I was actually going to go get a belly button peircing about 5 days before I found out I was pregnant,
but it kind of made me realize that I can wait,
and I think the same applies to already having one when you become pregnant,
if you REALLY like it, you can put it back in once you've had your baby :)

I've kept mine in, it has started to stretch so i got a maternity belly bar from ebay and its so comfy so will be keeping it through out my pregnancy :)

Do what ever you think will be more comfortable, maternity belly bars are only about £3 so if you dont get on with it then you can just leave it out

it shouldnt close up if you take it out, not if you've had it a while..

That's actually fairly unusual, most people find they close up quite fast. [I'm a piercer and have had to re-pierce hundreds for whatever reason...often it's after people just taking them out for a couple of hours, and they had them pierced for years before] :)

I took mine out a while before I fell pregnant, but looking at it now I'm glad I did. The bottom hole, rather than being actually IN my navel, has now shifted up quite a bit, which would make it more of a surface piercing rather than a piercing on an area with a pronounced ridge to support it. I think had I still been wearing a bar, flexi bar or not, a lot more pressure would have been put on the piercing and it would be quite likely to reject.

A lot of people do keep them in with no problems but it's a very personal thing. My scar is now more of a sideways slit rather than a little neat hole, and I've seen many many others that look the same. I would say that if you want to try and keep it, just keep a close eye on it and if you get any tightness/redness or much migration [the piercing shifting and becoming shallower] then remove it before it rejects fully and leaves you with nasty scarring.

I've got a ring in at the moment and it seems to be ok, I haven't really noticed a change in it yet. Having said that though, my belly button is starting to become more shallow so I'll have to wait and see what happens...

Mine is still in because my bump isn't big enough to start affecting the ring yet. If/when it does, then I plan to switch to one of the pregnancy bars.

I had to take mine out at around 13-14 weeks as my belly button popped right out.

i took mine off cos i didnt want a stretched piercing and wanted the option to be able to get it redone if i felt the need later.

I still have mine in but ordered a maternity bar,should be here tomorrow, as my belly button seems to be starting to pop out.
I will see how it loks and decide if I should just let it heal. I have had it done for 7 years now so don't know if it will heal up or not. Never had any problem with it at all from day one so just a case of wait and see I suppose.

hi, i took mine out a couple of weeks ago - i have had it pierced for about 5 yrs and never had any problem with it but since i took it out it has got really sore and red! i took it out becuase it started sticking out my clothes and made me look like my belly button was sticking out. x

I have got a maternity bar in. I wore it all through my pregnancy with my son and it was fine but i did get a stretch mark between the two holes. xx

I had mine done 5 years ago, i bought a pregnancy belly bar but they are crap!!! I've had mine out since 15 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->