Pierced Belly Buttons...

I had mine pierced at top and bottom.
When i had my DD i kept the bottom one in but took the top one out at around 8 months as it was becoming painful. DD was born at 8.5 months and it was already healed by then! I'd had it done for over 4 years so didnt think it would heal so quick but it did.
I am now 24 weeks pregnant and just taken my bottom one out as DD kept catching it when she was talking/playing with my bump.
I never showed it off but i miss it like mad! lol Strange i know! :p

it shouldnt close up if you take it out, not if you've had it a while..

That's actually fairly unusual, most people find they close up quite fast. [I'm a piercer and have had to re-pierce hundreds for whatever reason...often it's after people just taking them out for a couple of hours, and they had them pierced for years before] :)

Really?
:dohh:

Jeez everyone i know has done it with no problems!

In saying that I had my belly done for a year, took it out and it closed up, had to get it done again. I've had it for about 8 years now and i took it out when i was having alex,it was fine!

Also while i was pregnant he top part was going red - not sure if it was just the bar pressing in but it was horrid!

People's definition of having one for a 'long time' probably varies too. I've had mine for over 15 years!

i have kept mine in,with a maternity belly bar and it has been fine.no problems at all.

https://www.shop.bellybuttonringsandthings.com/Crystal-Maternity-Belly-Button-Rings_c34.htm
these are cute

https://www.shop.bellybuttonringsandthings.com/Crystal-Maternity-Belly-Button-Rings_c34.htm
these are cute

Bless there really sweet. All though i wouldnt want a dangly one, my belly button is slowly stretching out so my normal bars dont sit in my belly button very well any more, so i just cut off the big gem on the maternity bar because it was massive and just screwed on another ball, now it looks nice at tidy and doesnt make me look like i have an outie belly button lol

took mine out... my friend left hers in and she had a massive hole there after didnt want that not sure if thats what always happens but just incase i removed it should go back in after i hope xxx

i got a pregnancy belly bar but ive got some scar tissue around the hole where ive had it re-peirced about 3 times and where my belly button has popped out the ball was pushing against the hole and my scar tissue, it doesnt seem too be closing up though its the first time my belly button has healed properly actually lol!
i'll definitley put it back in after the baby and if it heals get it re peirced for the 4th time lol cos i'd hate the thought of just having a scar there and i dont think mum's should let their appearance slip just cos they've had kids either :D
xx

it shouldnt close up if you take it out, not if you've had it a while..

That's actually fairly unusual, most people find they close up quite fast. [I'm a piercer and have had to re-pierce hundreds for whatever reason...often it's after people just taking them out for a couple of hours, and they had them pierced for years before] :)

Really?
:dohh:

Jeez everyone i know has done it with no problems!

In saying that I had my belly done for a year, took it out and it closed up, had to get it done again. I've had it for about 8 years now and i took it out when i was having alex,it was fine!

Also while i was pregnant he top part was going red - not sure if it was just the bar pressing in but it was horrid!

Yeah, they're a funny one...mine had also been done about 8yrs and it closed up really quickly. The redness thing with yours...if it hadn't been done so long, or if you had slightly different anatomy, things could have been different....sounds like it was getting irritated by the pressure, and in a newer piercing/someone with less of a ridge on their navel etc, that probably would have been enough for it to reject and get pushed out.

Navels come in so many different shapes, so it does vary a lot...but also the main reasons they can be such a long healer is that there's so much movement round that area, and irritation from clothing etc.

Ive had mine in since I was 14 ( 10 years....yikes! i feel so old now...) but at almost 30weeks pg I still have it in, then again I don't have much of a bump :( . When/if it starts to pop out and the belly button gets shallow(er) I'll just take it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->