Piercing 1 year olds ears?!

Lauraaraa

Love My Baby Girl
Reaction score
ermmmm reet, well, just wanted to know if you agree with this or not.....

is it right to pierce a little 1 year old girls ears....she has JUST started walking.

i just dont know, i pesonally wouldnt get my babies ears pierced, i have a few piercing in my ears and gosh they are painful and annoying when you try to sleep, surely this will be the same for a baby, or am i just being very stupid?!? :wacko:

them other of the lil one is 21 just turned 21 a few months ago, still doesnt work, has no intention of working, and just spends her OHs money like there is no tomorrow!
which i dont agree with either to be honest.

anyway, what are your views on piercing babies ears

go for it!
i had mine done when i was about 8 months i think.

my dd is nearly 6 and she has not got her's peirced as i would never forgive myself if she got a infection. if she wants to get her ears peirced when she is older that is fine but she is not a fashion item so i wold not get it done purely for me

im not getting jessica's done till she is old enough to decide if she wants them done
i had mine done when i was little and i used to catch them on things so never wear earrings even now
x

no i believe a child should be old enough to decide themselves.

its always quite an emotive issue, i think personally it's down to the parents. i had my down at 4 months, but maddi hasn't got her's done yet, and tbh i haven't decided when she can have them done, probably before she starts school. i really do think its personal preference x

I have no problem with it, but I don't think I'd want to do it so young for my own kids.

It's a very hot topic, and like princess_bump said is down to the parents. I know people on here who's babies have theirs done and I would never judge them for it!

I was in a Claire's Accessories one day though and a four month old was getting it done. She was the same age as Niamh and the way she cried, I just felt physically sick and the room started spinning. It was such an odd feeling. I think it was because Niamh was the same age, I dunno. :shrug:

I dont like it on babies, im not even that keen on it for little girls. However this being said, 6 weeks ago my dd (4) and I were in a jewellery shop and she was asking about having her ears pierced and I said no, she was too young. We left the shop and she cried and cried, i took her back and got the lady to explain to her how sore it would be and that sometimes they can hurt afterwards and that they take lots of looking after - still didnt phase her at all. I called her dad and he didnt want it done but she pleaded with him to let her (i'll just say my daughter is a very switched on little so and so and has him wrapped round her finger) so by the end of the phone call he said it was her choice but he wasnt keen. I also, still didnt really want her to have it done but she was sooooo excited by the idea and pleaded with me that much that I gave in and let her have it done.

I have to admit now, they do actually look very nice. But i would still prefer her not to have them pierced. But she is pleased as punch with them and daily still looks in the mirror with a big smile and asks us if her ears are beautiful.

I would never have gotten it done if she hadnt asked for it and really dont like it on babies, They said the youngest they do is from 8 weeks - thats horrid!

it is def odown to personal preferance.

8 weeks seems a bit young though!! doesnt it! they only newborns then!!

its a hard one, i think i would wait til they were old enough to ask and want them done themselves. i am a bad healer so think this is why i worry! all mine have taken ages to heal and still are healing.

i hope this little ones are ok! she will n doubt ook very pretty with them, but she doesnt have much hair yet!! so will look a lil bit funny! hehe

both my little girls have their ears pierced, we had them done when they were 5 months old, they used a numbing spray & neither of them cried, Roxie didnt even wake up. They have small studs that are made for babies so they have never caught them on anything! In some families its like a tradition to have their ears pierced. I had mine pierced when i was a baby, as did my mum.

In my opinion i'm not a fan. But it's very much a personal choice xx

i personally wont get Annabelles pierced just because everytime i get mine done they go really swollen and sore and i end up havin to take them out, i had them done for my birthday in june and have gone funny again. I will let her decide but im not bothered or wouldnt judge anyone who does do it at a young age

Lou
xxx

I have 12 piercings and love them , but i chose to get them all , personally id wait until she wants it herself , but its a very personal decision.

I think kids should be old enough to make the decision for themselves and old enough to do understand the necessary cleaning regime and carry it out for themselves. Lets be honest, if you have a baby's ears pierced it's not for the baby's sake is it, it's for you. The baby won't care if it's ears are pierced but they will care if they get infected and painful.

No. Definately not. I wouldnt allow it before the age of at least 12, preferably older.

We will choose to do our little girls (if we have little girls).. and if they want to decide to take them out when they are older.. so be it.. Im the parent.. and Ive decided to get their ears peirced.

but I can see where others would want to wait and let the child decide..

to me.... if you have a boy... dont you make the choice to get them circumsized.. or are you going to wait until they are older for them to decided.. i doubt you will wait.. and Im not comparing the two.. just saying..

So do it if you want! They can always heal up..

Now that's JUST MY OPINION.. dont take offense..

I don't see anything wrong with it Hun. Definatly personal prefrence. My mum had mine done at 4 months old! She did say she was so nervous I'd get a infection. I think I would have my daughters done If I had one lol. X

down to u at end of the day BUT
imo to stab a 1 yr old and put holes in there ears for no reason is awful ...let them be old enough to choose

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->