Piercing 1 year olds ears?!

Not a chance!! no way would i peirce my little girls ears, not untill she was about 13, theres no need really is there!! Although each to there own. x

I am a believer in each to there own xx

When emily was 6 at the beging of last summer holidays she asked for her ears done and we had a chat about the pain and the care she would have to take of them she had a good think and decided she wanted them done, true to her word she kept them clean and very well looked after, Still a year on she looks after them well xx

No, no and noooooo!! I think it's too young and agree with Shelby. Let them make their own choice, for them, not us. Again this is my opinion only - please no offense to those who choose to get their LO's done young.
Having said this I do know it can be different for different cultures. A lady in my office is from Spain and she said if u have a girl they offer to peirce their ears the day after you have given birth before u leave the hospital......
Each to their own tho xxx

yuk, not for my girls until they are old enough to say its what they really want and can clean and care for the piercing themselves.

personally I dont like it on young children... I will wait until my daughter is 5/6 at least x

Alot of people pierce them around 4months-8 months because around that age it's easier to take care of and less room for infection and disturbance from the baby tugging at them..I see nothing wrong with it.
https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev050pbs__.png

No way. Aren't they perfect the way they are?

The child should choose if they want their bodies pierced.

And it looks chavvy.

I agree tinyme77 - children are beautiful and perfect just the way they are. I don't understand why anyone would consider piercing their babies ears.

Personally my LO wont have them done until she is old enough to ask and to look after them herself. I had a bad experience with ear piercing as a child so i wouldnt want to risk it by her having them pierced at such a young age.

Personally I think it should be the childs own decision when they are old enough but its each to their own. I certainly wouldnt judge someone if they wanted to get their childs ears pierced that early, but its not something id do myself xx

just to get an idea of a different side to getting babies ears pierced...

Ear piercing has long been the subject of controversy but for some, piercing a child's ears has deep-rooted cultural meanings. Evidence of ear-lobe piercing is seen in ancient civilisations dating over 6000 years and many ancient African, Aboriginal and Nordic cultures all pierced their ears.

Hindus hold an ear piercing ceremony known as Karnavedha on babies of both sexes at twelve days old. They believe that the piercing of a hole in the lower lobes of the ear have benefits of acupuncture as well as distracting evil spirits.

Ear piercing is also mentioned in the Bible and for some Christians is said to be a sign of faith. It is normal, for example, for Latin American Christians to routinely pierce baby girls' ears

More to it than people realise...me included!! :blush:

i wont let katie and bump have theirs done til they're in high school, i had to wait til then, and tbh i dont think they can look after them properly til then.

my SIL got my niece's done when she was a baby, and cos she was so little, the gun got stuck and the woman paniced and couldnt get it off. MIL was apparently stoof on the street outside crying cos she could hear her screaming. after that she then had to have the other ear done. there's just no way i could put katie thru that.

like someone else said, babies are beautiful enough without having bits of metal stuck thru them!

omg i was watchin something to do with a&e on tele and a little girl came in because her ear got so swollen that the stud became enbeded in her ear she had to have numbing needles to get it out, it was horrid, so no way will aly be getting hers done until she asks, and even then im not sure.

in my opinion why put them through unnecessary (sp) pain, i was distraught (sp) when alys had her jabs and colic and so on so thers no way id do it purposly for a fashion item.

xx

I don't think I'd do it. Only because my sister (who is 10 years my junior) had it done when she was about 8 months old or so. Anyway, as she got older/bigger her earlobes also got bigger & the holes were always off center. It bugged her so much she let the holes close & then tried to get them re-pierced when she was older, but since there was so much scar tissue they were't able to center them again so she's given up on wearing earrings & only wears necklaces, rings, & bracelets now.

I think if I have a girl I'll wait until she's in her pre-teen years & then let her decide if she wants them or not.

I personally wouldn't ever pierce my childs ears until they asked for it be done.

That being said, I have no problem with anyone who wants to pierce their childs ear as it is their child, their decision.

just to get an idea of a different side to getting babies ears pierced...

Ear piercing has long been the subject of controversy but for some, piercing a child's ears has deep-rooted cultural meanings. Evidence of ear-lobe piercing is seen in ancient civilisations dating over 6000 years and many ancient African, Aboriginal and Nordic cultures all pierced their ears.

Hindus hold an ear piercing ceremony known as Karnavedha on babies of both sexes at twelve days old. They believe that the piercing of a hole in the lower lobes of the ear have benefits of acupuncture as well as distracting evil spirits.

Ear piercing is also mentioned in the Bible and for some Christians is said to be a sign of faith. It is normal, for example, for Latin American Christians to routinely pierce baby girls' ears

More to it than people realise...me included!! :blush:

ahhh there is more to it!

all piercings are from the tribes arent they. the streching of ears etc. just ppl have latched onto it!

i tried to strech mine..didnt work, am trying again on other ear. but i am pleased my mam waited til i was old enough to ask, i do love piercings (and tattoos) bt i just think it is something that is for you as a person to decide, what if my mam had mine done but i HATED piercings!! wouldnt be good. but could take it out i guess

and i just worry bout the healing takes me AGES to heal. my ear swells and goes manky before it swells but i am 22 and can handle that, but a LO couldnt! wouldnt be pleasant

i know i was at the hospital and there were 2 lil girls there, babies, and they had MASSIVE hoops in their ears! i thought noooo way! looked shocking if you get them done when they are so small studs are better. the hoops just looked to big on their teeny tiny delicate ears

but again no offence to anyone at all

I dont believe it should be down to the parents at all. Your childs body.
For me, ive been type of girl into piercings, this didnt start till i was 13. When i was around 12, i decided for myself i wanted my ears pierced and was ready to have them pierced, my parents were fine by that. I dont think i would have been overally bothered if my parents had getting them done at young age, but would have been part of me would have liked to made that choice myself and go do it for myself, i would have been extremely proud of myself for doing it.

Amber will get her ears pierced if she wishes when she wants and feels ready for that.

Oh and, alot of places do it with a gun...worse way, need done with a needle, can see baby liking that, i cant.

I dont believe it should be down to the parents at all. Your childs body.
For me, ive been type of girl into piercings, this didnt start till i was 13. When i was around 12, i decided for myself i wanted my ears pierced and was ready to have them pierced, my parents were fine by that. I dont think i would have been overally bothered if my parents had getting them done at young age, but would have been part of me would have liked to made that choice myself and go do it for myself, i would have been extremely proud of myself for doing it.

Amber will get her ears pierced if she wishes when she wants and feels ready for that.

Oh and, alot of places do it with a gun...worse way, need done with a needle, can see baby liking that, i cant.

i was about 13 when i got my first holes done! first holes turned into a load of holes! in odd places in the ear. but what saying my LO will even want a piercing!!

and hmm i cant see a baby liking a needle being shoved thru its ear! ! i STILL have to look away! haaa!!

i have to admit when i see babies with ears pierced exp when they are teeny i am instantly shocked, thats just my initial reaction.

gutted that little niece is getting hers done so not right, but hey what can ya do, i aint her mam......

i dont personally think pericings or jewlery look nice on babies, there just babies! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->