Piercing 1 year olds ears?!

i dont agree with peircing ears when so young children are into everything and can easily catch the stud and rip it out or another child can put at it i had mine done when i was about 5 and i think thats an ok age.

i hate it when you see babies/toddlers with hooped earings in just for a fashion statement its cruel if the child catches them they will ripp their ear and have a nasty scar there :(

Mine were done at a few months old. I think my mother liked the fact that she could turn them and clean them while I didn't have long hair and wasn't going to mess with them myself. She always kept nice little gold ball studs in them. She let me have a second hole in each ear at 14, and I hated them and thought they looked stupid. So, those grew up straight away.

So, I think it depends on the parent and baby. I still don't know if I'd have it done if I had a baby girl.

I don't like it at all on babies. Especially boys. In fact boys of any age until they start looking like men!!!

i HATE ears pierced on a baby i think its cruel and unnessary pain and a child should have the decision themselves,i used to pierce ears in a shop i worked in before i became a mommy and some woman(african) would come in straight from the maternity hospital to have it done to their baby,i mean 5 day old babys!! the newborn screams were so upsetting,at the time i just did it but now im a mam there is no chance i would put a child through it :cry:

My cousin had it done when she was young, I wasn't allowed until I was 10...I think either is fine, it's really a personal choice.

the mother of the lil one is 21 just turned 21 a few months ago, still doesnt work, has no intention of working, and just spends her OHs money like there is no tomorrow!

I don't think it's fair to judge the mom, either way. We shouldn't assume we know everything about a person's situation.

I was 3-4 months when I got mine done, if I have a daughter she will be right around that too when I get her ears pierced. Of course I dont remember when I had it done since we dont start to form memories until 2 1/2. And the pain really is minimal so Im not too worried about hurting her.

I don't agree with it in any way, shape, or form. I used to work in Claire's Accessories and we had to pierce ears right from 1 year olds. I felt sooooo bad when the little babies started crying! Apart from that, I honestly think it looks STUPID!! Babies with bigass gold studs? I don't think so. Pure tackiness. I have about 25 piercings, and my little one can get theirs done without issue, once they are old enough to decide! The pain may be minimal, but I still don't want my baby to go through any unneccessary pain, and I don't want them to look like they came straight from a trailer park. It's so white trash.

Isn't it up to the child whether they have their ears pierced or not? How can a baby make this decision? I strongly feel that if your going to adorn yourself it should be your own choice. I have my ears pierced, including both my traguses (the tiny bit on it's own by your head) but I made that choice not my Mum. If you agree with it so young why stop at the ears why not go for the nose or the lip too? Goodness if you think about it the possibilities are endless............:)sick:)

Isn't it up to the child whether they have their ears pierced or not? How can a baby make this decision? I strongly feel that if your going to adorn yourself it should be your own choice. I have my ears pierced, including both my traguses (the tiny bit on it's own by your head) but I made that choice not my Mum. If you agree with it so young why stop at the ears why not go for the nose or the lip too? Goodness if you think about it the possibilities are endless............:)sick:)
But there are decisions as a parent you have to make. Does every baby prefer breast milk over formula, do they prefer BLW, do they prefer disposable diapers over reusable? It's like any other matter, it's a choice for the parents I believe, and essentially they do know what's best for their child. Just my opinion :D

I personally would wait a few years before piercing my daughters' ears.

But there are decisions as a parent you have to make. Does every baby prefer breast milk over formula, do they prefer BLW, do they prefer disposable diapers over reusable? It's like any other matter, it's a choice for the parents I believe, and essentially they do know what's best for their child. Just my opinion

I personally would wait a few years before piercing my daughters' ears.

I agree WTTmommy- personally I would not pierce my child's ears, but I don't think it's fair for everybody to be making assumptions about parents who do...jmo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->