Piercing 1 year olds ears?!

i dont personally think pericings or jewlery look nice on babies, there just babies! x

very true

little cherubs really! i couldnt do it, would prob feel bad if i did and take them out

plus OH would go cccrrraazyy!! :growlmad:
be very mad at me!

I actually think piercings and jewelry look very nice on babies.

its each to their own though isnt it

ppl at work hate my piercings and tattoos, i love them and really dont give a s*** what they think! but i chose to get them not them!!

its each to their own though isnt it

ppl at work hate my piercings and tattoos, i love them and really dont give a s*** what they think! but i chose to get them not them!!

lol - Yeah, it really is something you either like or not. And even if you like it, you still might not do it to your own child.

Honestly? I don't like it. I don't like seeing it really, so I tend not to look twice. Each to their own though.

Just to add, I don't have my ears pierced and I don't want them done. I don't want markings on my body and I'm not about to mark Caitlyn's body without her being old enough to have a say (unless necessary of course!)

I had mine done for my 11th birthday and if bump is a girl wouldn't let them until the same age when they can decide for themselves. This is partly because mine were a pain, took ages to heal and I still get allergic reactions to most earrings after 26 years! Would not want to put a baby through that. Also I think they need to be able to choose if they want them or not.

As for 5 year olds - as an ex year 1 teacher, children with earrings were a pain in PE lessons. They either had to remove the earrings (which most can't do at that age) or put tape over them (which most parents didn't send in) and quite a few then proceeded to lose an earring and get really upset about it. It just didn't seem worth the hassle to be honest.

No way. Aren't they perfect the way they are?

The child should choose if they want their bodies pierced.

And it looks chavvy.

It really does look chavvy :haha:
What does 'chav' mean to you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

Not sure a little bit of ear stud jewellery makes me think a baby is 'chavvy'.

My girls won't be getting them done until they ask if they ask but I respect that some Mums/Moms choices for their own children unless it's child abuse then I don't have any issue or desire to label them or their children as anything.

I hate babies with pierced ears. The child should be old enough to want it done, understand what it involves and be able to take care of it themselves.

I was in Claires once when a small baby had her ears pierced. She screamed and cried and looked so shocked. I had to leave the shop.

What next? Tattooing babies?

Tattoos would never work. Babies grow and change too much.

I had mine done when I was little, never bothered me.

I have not had my girls ears done though. My oldest daughter begged to have hers done for her fourth birthday last week, I explained about the pain and stuff she still wanted it, I brought her pretty clip on earrings for her birthday which she loves and has satisfied her for now, but if she is still requesting at her 5th birthday then I probably will allow her as it will of been over a year.

I would never do that to Claire. It needs to be her decision. I watched a 3 year old get tricked into getting it done (told that it wouldn't hurt at all) and the shrieks that I heard when she did was heart wrenching.

I remember my parents letting me decide, and when I went to them and told them I wanted my ears pierced they took me to a salon, and I had it done. Because it was my choice (and made me feel more grown up) I was really excited about it, so I didn't mind the pain so much.

I personally wish that others wouldn't do it to their young babies, but it's not my place to tell them that. They are the parents, they set the rules.

I had my ears pierced at 8 months old, and they went infected so my mum took them out, i then had them done at about 18 months old and banged my ear and it got stuck lol. I then had them done AGAIN at about 5 years and ive had them ever since, i think its personal choice if your against it dont do it if you arnt then consider it. Im personally not against it but i wont be getting my babys ears pierced.xx

im not against it, each to their own, im not sure when i have kids if i'd do it or not x

Na, I'm another who thinks it should be up to the child.

I never got mine done until 16. And the piercer got the clamp stuck for a minute. And that hurt! And I've had previous tounge piercings and navel piercings.

I wouldn't pierce my childs ears until they are old enough to decide they want it done! x

That's the thing - Alex is her own person! She does what she wants in the incubator now - she'll be independant in the future to choose if she wants that done. How is it going to benefit her if I get her ears pierced in a few months?

its not a do or die situation, it can wait!

Each to their own IMO.

Can I just say though, please please please don't get them done with a piercing gun.

A piercing gun uses brute force to pierce the ear which can (but in most cases doesn't admittedly) lead to complications.

Any piercing done should be done by a qualified piercer using a sterile needle.

https://tattoo.about.com/cs/psafety/a/piercing_guns.htm

Please consider this, a cousin of mine had to have so much plastic surgery on her ear after the cartilage was eaten away by infection from a piercing gun.

I was 18months when I had mine done and that was considered old in my family...good old gypsy family traditions!

Its not something I would do to my child but if they ask when they are older I dont really have the right to outright refuse being that I have had numerous piercings and tattoos as does OH.

I'd wait until they ask....then wait to see how much they REALLY want it.

I wouldn't do it, I didn't have mine done until I was 17 and it hurt like hell, even then.

Once their 16, they can make that choice for themselves. But I won't be allowing them to get it done any younger than 16. Just my own opinion.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->