Pineapple?

MrsP

Mummy to Eleanor & Henry
Reaction score
Good morning ladies,

Hope we are well?

Just wondering your opinions on pineapple and it's effect of helping with encouraging labour. As some of you may know my mw suggested that I started on the pineapple and raspberry leaf tea as of now, but....

I haven't read anything convincing that the pineapple will make a difference, obviously it will good as part of my 5 a day, but is that going to be it?

What do you all think or is there any of you that have can say that it did work for you?

x x x

Eating pineapples will only induce labour if you eat 7 or more! From a girl who tried to do so, OUCH, my tongue burnt so much I thought it was going to fall off by the second one.

I did read that it was something like 7 or so. Sounds painful, but did it work? x

Don't know if it's true, but I have heard that the active ingrediant in pineapple is actually in the leaf. Don't think you'd be desperate enough to try that!!!

I'm not sure of its actual effects but I like them so I've added them to my regime!! I buy a large fresh one (just got back from my daily walk to the supermarket!) and chop it up and eat it when I fancy it. Like you said its good for you and for me its better than the other sweet stuff I want to eat all day.

x

Oh no certainly not, wouldn't even dream of eating it would you? x

I'm not sure of its actual effects but I like them so I've added them to my regime!! I buy a large fresh one (just got back from my daily walk to the supermarket!) and chop it up and eat it when I fancy it. Like you said its good for you and for me its better than the other sweet stuff I want to eat all day.

x

I love them, especially when they're straight from the fridge!

This has to be better than the 4 chocolate iscuits I normally scoff a day!!

x

Thats my theory....only replace the words '4 chocy biccies a day' with '4 packets of chocy biccies'......:munch:

x

x

Thats my theory....only replace the words '4 chocy biccies a day' with '4 packets of chocy biccies'......:munch:

x

:rofl:

OH!!

I bought a pack of tunnox bars yesterday and ate half the pack which was 4, not just talking 4 little cookies!!

lol, I'm still 6 weeks away but I might start adding it into my diet now just in case ;)

eating pineapple is worth a try,

its better than some of the other ideas lol

i got one to try, i just cant be bothered to cut it yet

xx

Think I will get mine in the fridge ready for an afternoon snack or 10!!

I've heard you gotta eat loads but I've still been trying to eat some most days, as it can't do any harm I guess?
x

I've heard you gotta eat loads but I've still been trying to eat some most days, as it can't do any harm I guess?
x

Me too I heard that. SOmething like 7 you need to eat!!!

I best get a move on!

I tried the pineapple thing...I got through one whole one and thought I would die. My tongue felt like it was totally burnt and the indigestion was awful!!!

I was looking at pineapples, but none of them seem too nice here yet.

Lots of walking is supposed to help bring labour on, I guess I should get my butt doing some haha. And I started the raspberry leaf tea again, I stopped before because I was waking up with bad cramps and got paranoid lol. But now im just about fullterm.

How early did you start taking the raspberry tea the first time Ryder? x

Never worked for me, never want another pineapple in my life.

mm i love pineapple. don't eat TOO much though cos the acid in the fruit will burn your tongue and cheeks :\ very sore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->