Pinpointing Ovulation Help!!

Kaj_8676

Reaction score
So I stopped taking BC pills on Sunday July 2nd, which was the last day of a period. Since then I have had 2 periods; one beginning on July 24th & the other starting on August 18th.

I have been tracking my period while on BCP, using BBT & my saliva OPK (didn't have a lot of CM when taking BCP so couldn't really track that). While on BCP, it seemed I ovulated on CD 11 because I would have a temperature dip & "ferning" on my saliva OPK which indicated I was about to ovulate or was ovulating.

Since my last period, it seems I have ovulated on CD 10. I had a temp dip, ferning on my OPK, egg white CM & cramping, ovulation-type pain.

Has anyone tracking their ovulation actually ovulated on CD 10 & gotten pregnant if you had intercourse that day? I just feel like it's too early in my cycle to be ovulating!

While on BCP, you weren't ovulating, so I wouldn't rely on any of that old data. The whole way the pill works is by preventing ovulation.

CD10 does seem a bit early to be ovulating, but some women certainly do. What app are you using to track your fertility signs?

I'm not familiar with that one. I really recommend FertilityFriend -- it is super comprehensive, also has a web version, and uses its own years' worth of study data to analyze all of your signs and estimate ovulation for you.

Another handy feature is that you can even share your chart! ;)

I'm working on inputting all of my data from my old app into the FF app, then I'll share it. Thank you for being so helpful! ☺️

No problem, hopefully the app can provide you with some good info, and I'm definitely happy to look over what you've got!

Here are the charts since July. At times I did not chart my BBT on the weekends/on my period. If I didn't indicate CM, just assume it was dry.

Attachments

• IMG_1558.jpg
    IMG_1558.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1557.jpg
    IMG_1557.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1556.jpg
    IMG_1556.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 4
Those are really unusual temperature patterns. Are you using a BBT thermometer? Taking your temp at the same time every morning?

Yes to all of the above. I noticed the same thing. My patterns were so nice & followed a pattern before I stopped BCP. Now they are all over the place! The only variables are the amount of sleep I got the night before & not sleeping in my own bed (vacations/visiting parents). I usually still get 7 hours of sleep, sometimes more/less.

And I'm sure you already know the drill, but just to be sure, you're taking your temp immediately upon waking, before moving around, getting out of bed, talking, etc.?

It's the first thing I do after snoozing my alarm. I wait until after I take it to move/get out of bed/do anything.

Have you considered taking your temp vaginally for a while to see if that makes a difference? It can give more accurate and stable results. You could do that for a week or so, and if you still get those jagged temps, you know it's more likely to be hormonally related (your body is still dealing with coming off the BCPs) and should work itself out in time. And if it levels off, well, then just keep at it. :)

The only other thing I'd suggest would be to use traditional OPKs (lh-testing dip strips).

Yep, I think it might even be covered in the charting course you can find in the FertilityFriend app (it was so super helpful for me, I have run through it like three times now and it's like I learn something new every time). But yeah, it's considered to be more accurate, though definitely a little less convenient. Worth a try! :)

For dip-strip OPKs, I buy the "Babi" brand off Amazon, it's something like $12 for a 50-pack. Super affordable. And if you've got Prime, it's free shipping. :)

That's a lot better price than the store-bought brands! Do these give a peak and high alert or just when they detect the LH surge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->