Planned Section ... What happens if you go into labour before date!?

Jadey121

Mummy of 2. Expecting No3
Reaction score
My consultant said if i choose an elective the date would be 10th Jun which would make me 39+2

Im stressing over it as i went early with my 2nd (39 weeks) and worried that i may go early again... what would happen?!

Its probs not likely that it would happen but i keep thinking 'what if' ... I know planned sections are usually done at 39 weeks but because my due date falls on the Sat (They only do planned ones during the week) Its making me feel a bit uneasy that ill be 39+2.

I Dont see the problem with the Friday before making me 38+6 :shrug:

i've been told that if i go into labour / waters break before my section (booked for 39 weeks exactly) I just need to call labour ward and say to them that i am in labour / water's have gone but have a scheduled c-section booked and they will get me to come in and do the section as an 'emergency' section instead.

Its only classed as an emergency as its not on your pre-booked date but everything else that would happen with an elective section would happen except obviously you're in labour.

I also have the option to decide if i want to labour and deliver my little boy naturally or whether to go ahead with the section if i go into labour before the scheduled date as i've requested the section due to tearing so badly with DD as she was so big (she was also overdue) so if i went early my DS would probably be smaller but i guess i will just have to see how thing go.

My doc has scheduled my csection for the 40th week!!!!
I questioned him if this was a bit late, he said no, i would be fine, and if i go into labor before that, then we will just meet at the hospital, and have a csection -__-
not exactly what i had in mind....
but i guess.

eekk 40 weeks! Thing is im happy to have one at 39 weeks if thats whats best for baby i just hope he stays put until then as i dont want another emergency if i can help it!
I knew id go early with my 2nd as i knew by my dates he was due 16th march not on 23rd as the dating scan put me! This time is the same i was put back again only by a few days but i just hope he stays put until the section date. Seeing my consultant 15th may so i will express my concerns!

As the others have said, I've been told if I go into labour before my section at 39 weeks, to call the unit, tell them I was booked in for a c-section, and providing baby is't literally about to pop out, I will just go in there and then for a c-section x

Same here! I was wondering. My dr said if it happens I just go in and they'll page him and he'll do the section then. My doc doesn't do sections past 39 weeks...

If you go into labor before your c-section date then you will still have a c-section. You may or may not get your OBGYN but regardless because there is a medical reason for the c-section they will have to preform it to deliver the baby.

And the reason they won't take you at 38+4 is because anything before 39 weeks is considered premature. Even if it's just a day early doctors would rather take a baby as late as they possibly can.

I was booked for an elective with my first as he was breech and my waters went a week before, I called the hospital and they told me to come in and I had my csection that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->