Planning homebirth what if I need to be induced?

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
If you want to have a homebirth what happens if you do go overdue?

Can you still have a homebirth if you get induced?

You can refuse an induction and still give birth at home if you choose too.

Im not sure about being induced then returning home - I guess it would depend on how its done. If it was a pessary I dont see why you couldnt come home (though you might have an argument on your hands!) but they sometimes induce with pitocin I think? so then in that case you'd be attached to a drip in hospital.

You dont have to be induced though its your right to refuse
x

most [people dont need to be induced, if there's a medical reason to be induced you'll need to be in hospital anyway as there are complications

Just going over your EDD isnt reason to induce hun!

What do you mean my induce....as in breaking your water or getting pitocin? If you have any drugs to induce, you can't give birth at home since you'd have to be monitored. I've just got my fingers crossed this baby comes when she's supposed to and isn't late (my midwives will transfer me to a hospital if Baby Girl isn't here by 42 weeks).

Going over your EDD isn't a reason to be induced. There is a 2 week buffer when it comes to EDDs. When your due date comes there is a chance you're still 2 weeks less than 40 weeks because usually EDDs are counted at your last menstrual period which means for 2 weeks you were not even pregnant.

You're not late until you're past 42 weeks, and you can have checks to make sure everything is going ok. There has been reports of many women giving birth at 43, 44 and even 45 weeks gestation.

I am currently looking at being in this position. I am refusing to allow induction as I want my homebirth. You can't be induced and go home, my midwife won't even consider breaking my waters at home once I am +14 to try and allow my homebirth.
I am just hoping baby gets a move on and arrives before this becomes the next issue.

There is a gazillon things you can do at home to bring on labour once you are overdues, no need for hospitals and artificial pitocin! Google it - and relax!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->