Planning our destination wedding ~ Turkey September 2012 **Pics added!!**

I've just opened and closed about a thousand websites -- "looks like we found a place!" I get all excited and then... nope... it's another place on the next post. :rofl:

I think you've reached the perfect solution! Getting married in Turkey sounds amazing! And think of the stories... you got engaged in Paris and married in Turkey! Makes my engagement and wedding seem rather dull! :haha:

I like Snuggs' idea of using skype for your Nana! :thumbup:

I'm very excited for you! I can read in your "voice" how excited you are and it is wonderful. Brings a smile to my face.

:happydance: I've emailed the wedding planner to confirm we want to book the wedding, she's ringing tomorrow to sort the deposit out.

We're having a garden wedding and reception at the Sea Breeze Hotel - https://www.oludenizbeachweddings.com/garden-wedding-with-reception.html

:dance: All booked!!! :dance:

I'M GETTING MARRIED ON 26TH SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!

WAHOO!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new ticker too!!

Wedding planner is excellent idea!!!

I'm a bit late in here too :wacko:

Yay, for booking the wedding! :thumbup::happydance:

I think you are right to go with the pro's for planning, especially as you are doing it at a distance :thumbup: We didn't have a wedding planner per se, but went with a small company that organised the venue, including set-up for ceremony, reception, dinner, flowers, music, lights etc (we just told them what we wanted for everything). At the time OH couldn't see the point and thought we could do it all ourselves once down there, but even he admitted later that it was the best money we ever spent -they did a magnificent job and saved us scrambling around before the wedding so we could get on with spending time with family and friends who had flown out to SA for the wedding :thumbup:

Chris wants to go to Thailand for A WEEK for his stag do :saywhat: He is taking the piss!

:wohoo: for everything being booked!!!!!!!

Your new ticker is so cute!! Can't wait for all the dress and accessories talk in here now!

And chris......?! :grr: Can't he just be going with a night out?!

:hissy: Chris has spoken to his friend who we couldn't ask cos his ex is my MOH and he's absolutely gutted, and Chris is pissed off that he can't have him there which I completely understand. I've text my friend about it but I think her now boyfriend will say they're not going if her ex is. It's not fair that we can't have who we want at our wedding. They'd be able to keep out of each other's way, even at the wedding. I hope they realise that it's not fair on us.

No, that is really not fair on you guys :nope::growlmad:

My friend had a similar experience recently where one couple said they wouldn't come if the other couple did, needless to say my friend was really upset they couldn't set aside their differences and honour their special day(both couples being close friends of the bride and groom) :nope: In the end both pairs came and everything was fine,like you said theyjust kept out of each others way :thumbup:

Can't your MOH and her current partner be the "bigger party" and just deal with it...? I take it your MOH is your best friend, seems a bit immature on the current bf's part, no.... :shrug:

Well that's what I'm hoping. It was 4 years ago that they split up so I don't see why they can't all be grown up about it :shrug:

Yeah she's my best friend, and her ex is one of a few of Chris' best friends.

Not heard back from my friend yet, hope it's cos she's waiting to speak to her boyfriend.

Oh that is a bit of a pain, hopefully they can all just keep out of each others ways and realise the day is about you not them!

Heard back from MOH, there's no way we can have her ex there too :-( If it was just 1 day then it'd be ok, but it's a week and my friend's family holiday and having her ex there would be awkward and ruin it, which I can understand. Just dreading telling Chris. But at the end of the day we've both made sacrifices, I've had to tell my grandparents, auntys and uncles that they can't come (Chris has no other family), and although they are good mates, he rarely sees Lee apart from when he goes out on the piss. Nothing's ever simple is it!

No, it's not! :nope:

I think you've made the best decision. It is just crappy all around. It's too bad the MOH and the ex aren't on better terms... but it is what it is. :shrug:

WTF is Chris thinking going abroad for a week for his stag do???? :shock: Are you kidding?? Esp to a place known for it's raunchy partying?? Umm.. no. I'm pretty open about that sort of stuff -- I know for a fact that Caveman was bought private lap and stage dances and had his face buried in some stripper's boobs on his stag night. I've heard... and laughed... ant the stories many times. That doesn't bother me a bit -- that's what it is about. But even I say NO F'ing WAY to what Chris wants!

It's not happening TL! Even if he thinks it is (it's his mate's idea) there's no way :nope:

Definitely say no to Chris. Dangerous and unnecessary. Not to mention you have sacrificed your dream wedding for your destination wedding because of cost and spending that kind of money on a stag is stupid on his part.

Hope the drama with Chris and his buddy settles. Poor you. It sucks to be in the middle of it all. Weddings can be so stressful.

I have just liked oludeniz beach weddings on my Facebook. This is the company who are organising the wedding so feel free to have a nosy :)

I had a quick look at bridesmaid dresses tonight and like these

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/elliebank/288c8c38.jpg

In that color, too? I love the color.

It is very simple and elegant, which is lovely! I would just make sure your ladies are the type that can pull off the one shoulder look (I'm not personally that type :haha: ). But if they can, it is a great choice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->