Planning our destination wedding ~ Turkey September 2012 **Pics added!!**

My mum's been to my nana's tonight and straight away my Nana burst into tears :-( I feel bloody horrible :cry:

:hugs:
Is there no way she can come? sorry if thats a stupid question!!!

you'll have to arrange something special with her xxxxx

No my grandad can't fly and they'd never get travel insurance. We're having a night do when we get back and I intend to watch the DVD of the wedding with them as soon as we're back

Thats a shame... but i'm sure she'll get used to the idea and be happy for u that u are happy.... yeah u can make a big deal of watching the dvd with her dress up in the dress with katie etc......

Our flights and my mum and dad's are booked :plane: Oh, and 1 of chris' friends too.

Chris' Mum is booking hers and his sisters tomorrow (btw, did I mention that Chris' sister is also a bridesmaid now?)

Been a bit stressful though as one of my friends (who I've booked the hotel for) can't afford to pay for the flights yet so is gonna have to wait before booking them. Just hope the price doesn't increase or the flight get booked up :argh:

My maid of honor isn't booked on anything yet as her niece who is coming will be missing school so her mum is gonna check with the school tomorrow that she won't be missing anything important and then hopefully I'll get them booked on tomorrow.

Found out that the hotel we're staying at hosts weddings so hoping to hear back from them tomorrow with some details, and also the wedding planners I contacted.

Sorry about your nana. You know one thing my SIL did was the venue she had allowed her to set up skype so her parents could watch. Perhaps they have wireless and you could set up a laptop with a webcam and have a family member set it up on an iphone or ipod so your Nana could watch. :hug:

That's not a bad idea Snuggs. My nana is pretty good with technology so I bet we could easily get it done so she could watch on her computer :thumbup:

Chris' mum has booked her flights, and I've been able to book my friends as I found a site that only needs a deposit for now :thumbup:

But my maid of honor might not be able to come :cry: Before we decided to get married abroad she was going on holiday with her step daughter and niece and they were gonna go in June, but said they'd change it to September instead and come with us. But her niece's mum has checked with her school today and she can't have that week off school :-( Not sure what's gonna happen, they may just come without the niece, or may go in June with her and just come to turkey for a few days for the wedding, or not come to turkey at all :cry:

Oh and the wedding planner has been in touch and 26th September is still available :happydance: gonna go through the various venues they have with Chris tonight, then email her with details of what we want and get a quote :thumbup:

Sorry about your maid of honour. It sometimes happens. My DH had two of his best friends back out because of reasons like that. It hurt him since he stood in their weddings but nothing can be done. In the end we had a great time anyways. I'm sure you will too.

Hope your nan can join you 2012 style :)

Katie and Chris made cakes today but I resisted them :smug: I am cutting out all the crap I eat, I'm gonna be lovely and slim for my wedding!

:happydance: Looks like my MOH can come! :yipee:

I have requested a quote on this venue - https://www.oludenizweddings.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=14

Right, I am stupidly late to this party and I'm surprised it'd not your golden wedding anniversary by the time I got here :blush:

I've not read all the way through but what I've seen looks great :yipee: I had to think hard what MOH meant though but got it in the end :dohh:

I was, like snugs going to suggest skype for your grandparents but wasn't sure how they'd be with technology but great that your nana might just be able to work it out :yipee:

I bet it's going to fly round your wedding, looking at your ticker I thought you could produce another baby in time for it too :haha: (I'm going to get kicked out of here when I've just arrived aren't I?!)

There is defo no new babies coming before this wedding!!!

I think I will get a shock at some point when I login on my computer. I'm usually on my phone so I can't see my sig so have no idea how long it is off, I can imagine I'll one day login on the computer and get a shock at how long (little) is left!!

you will be stunning...its going to be beautiful hon!

How am I gonna cope with my MIL for 2 weeks!!! :dohh:

I've received the quotes tonight from the wedding planner I've been in contact with and I have to say I am very impressed. You can tell they are a very professional company and know what they are doing. They have listed everything that is included and even attached a list of events detailing what will happen on the day, i.e. the time I go for my hair and make up, what time I get picked up etc.

I have also been emailing the hotel and the difference is immense. They don't answer some of my questions, speak broken English and say things like (when I ask how much the reception will be) I can choose from the menu when I get there and then will know the cost....I want it all organised now!!!

I think it will cost a little more going with the professionals but I will feel much better going with them. They have good reviews too. Hopefully my mum and dad will be happy with the quote, it's almost £2000 cheaper than what they were gonna pay here so I don't see why they won't be happy. Hopefully the wedding will be booked soon! :dance:

Sounds like you're making great progress with the plans andvi think it sounds like a good plan to have got a wedding planner on board with it being in turkey so they can help out. At least you're not going to have to worry about the weather :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->