Planning our destination wedding ~ Turkey September 2012 **Pics added!!**

It's only the last bit she can't get zipped up.

Got a bargain on the men's suits. By bartering with 2 companies I've got it down from £120 per suit to £70 :thumbup: That's for Turkey, the UK reception & cleaning in between :)

Hi hun sorry I havent commented in a while!! Looks like evrything is going to plan nicely! Not long to go now for us! (Mines October in Turkey!) Where did you get the mens suits from? And what are they wearing? Im really struggling to decide what they should wear!! Getting exciting now isnt it! xxx

I'm hiring them from a place called Winstanleys that is near us. They're wearing mohair silk trousers (apparently better for hot weather), shirt, cravat & waistcoat. Not long off now!

Put the deposit down for the men's suits today :thumbup:

I've also been in contact with the wedding company to see if Chris and I can stay in the hotel that we're getting married at for the night of the wedding. We can and it will either be £35 or £50 :thumbup: We'll hopefully get the £50 one as that a luxurious apartment, but they can't confirm until nearer the time what's available as it's only for one night. My Mum & Dad will go back to our villa with the kids :mrgreen:

Hi there! I am having a destination wedding this Sept. so I will stalking your journal. haha You are so much more organized than I am!!

:hi: Phantom! Where are you getting married?

We're getting married in the Mayan Riviera. So far no one is coming. Are you having many quests?

I have no idea where that is!!! :blush:

We haven't invited many people. Just my mum & dad, Chris' mum, partner, sister & nephew, then my 2 bridesmaids, partners & kids, and Chris' 2 best man. No one else is invited and if anyone had tried to get an invite I wouldn't have let them :lol: I think a few people have been put out by that but it's tough, we're having a reception when we get back. My Nana was pretty upset we were marrying abroad (and I would have been happy for her to come) as my grandad isn't well enough to fly, but unfortunately you can't please everyone! (that sounds horrible, I was actually really upset about hurting my Nana) Are you inviting anyone who wants to come?

Yes we have invited everyone but we don't even have any bridesmaids/groomsmen. Looks like it'll just be me and him.

Ooh just googled Mayan riviera, looks lovely!

What about your parents? (hope I'm not being too nosy)

I'm sure you'll find some people will come. People don't realise that when yr trying to organise something you need to know ASAP, some are probably thinking they'll come but will book last minute, but don't think to tell you that!

My mum and I designed the wedding invitations whilst we were away. Once we do the proper version I'll post a pic.

Had my first fitting today. Not much needs doing, just shortening a tiny bit. It wouldn't zip up when I first bought it but now it does, prob cos I'm not bf'ing as much.

Great news on the dress fitting!! :dance: :yipee:

Excellent progress on the invites too!

Told you the fitting would go well! :happydance:

Can't wait to see the invitations! We designed and printed our own and I think they looked just as nice as the "professional" ones. :thumbup:

Hi :wave:
Can I stalk? I'm hoping to get married abroad, have no idea where to start with booking tho :dohh:

You seem really well organised :)

:hi: Doodlebug!!!

Good job you posted in here as I need to update.

So where are you thinking of getting married? I based our search on finding a nice hotel that would be within everyone's budget, then took it from there. We've done it all seperately too, booked the flights & accommodation seperately and booked the wedding with planners based in turkey.

Ok, update. On Thursday we went to the registry office to declare our intention to marry, and as long as no one objects the certificate of no impediment will be issued in a couple of weeks. I had to laugh, she had to interview us seperately to make sure it wasn't a marriage of convenience. When she was interviewing Chris she asked him when the wedding was to which he replied 25th September, she said well if I was you I wouldn't turn up then seen as you're getting married on the 26th :haha:

When we came out Chris also said that whilst she was interviewing me he was paranoid about what she was gonna ask him (she said she'd ask us stuff to make sure we knew each other) and he was thinking it might be the kids' dates of birth so he was working the years out. He said well Ethan was last year so that's 2011, Katie is 2 years older so hers is 31.7.09. I just turned round to him & said, really? 31st July?! I think you mean 30th July! :rofl: Men!!! :dohh:

We also chose the men's suits on Thursday. I've got pics but they aren't brilliant. The waistcoats are silver with tiny diamantes on them. My dad, Ethan & the 2 best men will wear a blue cravat to match the bridesmaids and Chris will wear a silver cravat (it doesn't look very silver in the pic but it is!). The trousers are grey and they'll wear white shirts. Chris is also thinking he'd like the jacket too as he thinks they'll look better for the pics and it'll hide sweat patches :haha: I REALLY like them, he's gonna look fab! :cloud9:

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/elliebank/5ff85670.jpg

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/elliebank/65b72f1f.jpg

Gorgeous waistcoats, I love the diamantes :)

We are thinking of going to Cyprus, gonna go to the travel agents next week to get a few prices.

Have you found it hard to plan when your not actually over there yet?

Tbh there's not much to plan. We've just said what we want included in the price (photos, DVD, DJ, meal, flowers, etc) then will have a meeting when we get there to discuss the finer details (colour scheme etc). So all I'm having to organise at the mo is clothing, the uk reception and invitations. It's not very stressful at all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->