Planning our destination wedding ~ Turkey September 2012 **Pics added!!**

My cousin has been round today. She got married a couple of years ago and she gave me loads of ideas for saving money. We will do our own centrepieces, either vases/bowls with floating candles in or tall vases with feathers in in the colour scheme. Also my friend suggested ringing the local colleges to see if a photography student in their final year will do the photographs. Also if we get married at where the reception is, we won't need wedding cars as we'll already be there.

:thumbup: There are tons of ways to save money, sometimes you just have to think creatively :)

Just got back from the wedding fayre, was good! Although had to feed Ethan twice lol. He was quite mesmorised by the fashion show!

I asked my best friend Claire to be my Maid of Honour, she was very pleased! We were looking at black & white themes and I was pretty definite that I wanted that, but then I worry that the men will look a bit 'funerally' with black cravats :shrug:

And wedding cake prices - :shock:

i made my weddding black tie.. so all men had dickie bows!!

o and i made my own wedding cake that saved lots!!

Fancy making us one Nats?!

Does the groom have to have groomsmen or can he just have a best man?

lol.. i could do !!! it would be very basic though!! :)

mike just had a best man..:)

decided i'm gonna take tilly egg butty tomorrow so i just have to buy lunch for myself and then i can feed her sneaky :)

we can talk weddings tomorrow.... i did my own table decorations too :)

I'll be bending your ear! I'll buy Katie something....we've no bread in!! Just been getting the directions :thumbup:

for keeping costs down, shop around. I can't stress that enough. Ask friends and family to help with various things. Ask to borrow things, ask for discounts, cut stuff out, etc, etc. GL

We made our own centerpieces. They were actually pretty ecclectic and non-traditional, but I liked that. I spent several months (as did a few family) looking at thrift shops and garage sales for all kids of beautiful vases. Got them really cheap! Then put bird of paradise flowers in them as they are my favorite. I kept 2-3 vases that were my favorites and let my guests take home the rest.

As for attendants, I had my sis as my MOH and my nieces as bridesmaids. Caveman had his brother as best man and that was it. :thumbup:

Personally, I say it is YOUR wedding and you can do whatever you want. Regardless of what "they" say is the "right" way. :smug:

I won't ramble but my centerpieces were 2 goldfish in a small goldfish bowl on each table.

I made my own veil, decorated my own cake, and the overall cost of my wedding was (including my dress) around $1100. :smug:

wow impressive LB!

We made our own centerpieces too. Found these wooden boats that hang as shelves on the wall at a liquidation store. My mom and her friends painted them for me and put our wedding date on them. Placed candles in them. We didn't put flowers on the table. It was too expensive.

TBH I wish I had gone with silk flowers for my bouquet. Cheaper and I would have been able to enjoy them and keep them after in my china cabinet (my grandma still has hers!). I got married away from my home so couldn't be bothered to travel with my bouquet (I had a "throw away" one for the toss because I had hoped to keep my real one) but had to give it to my MIL to take home with her.

Very impressive LB! Snuggs why did you have to give MIL your bouquet?

I asked Chris tonight what month he wanted to get married and said I was thinking April/May or Sept/Oct and he said Sept/Oct so I said great we can do it next year but he said that's too soon! :dohh:

next sept/oct works perfect ready for a honeymoon baby :winkwink:

We did a road trip post wedding with my parents to explore DH's home province. I had no where to store it and keep it fresh and living while I traveled.

I've just downloaded the groupon app to my phone on the advice of Suze (was just doing it for offers on photos) and there's a wedding offer on it! :shock:

This hotel https://graythwaitemanor.co.uk/Wedding is offering the following -

Civil ceremony room hire
Reception room hire
Wedding buffet for 50 guests
Bucks fizz and coffee
Wedding planner provided
Suite for the bride & groom
Discounted accommodation

All for £1500!!!!

I might ring them tomorrow for more details. The evening reception holds 80 people but I presume we will need to pay something per head for them if we want to feed them (or maybe we can sort a buffet ourselves?)

We would need to book it this weekend to get the offer though, and would need to get married before 31.12.12. I may try and persuade Chris to have a drive up tomorrow. Surely even with the extras we'd need to pay for, we'd have plenty if my parents are willing to pay £5k?

What do you think?????

Chris is saying it's too good to be true :-( I am gonna ring them tomorrow and find out as much as poss.

I'm sure he doesn't wanna book this wedding :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"