Planning our destination wedding ~ Turkey September 2012 **Pics added!!**

Hmmm don't think I'll bother with the above, reviews are saying the hotel is shabby inside. Going to a wedding fayre on Sunday at a hotel that I know is nice (we actually had my brother's wake there) so will see what deals they have. This is that hotel - https://www.sparthhousehotel.co.uk/

Lovely hotel hun. I have seen that groupon offer loads it's always on there :) xx

Men usually put dampers on wedding planning. Freaks them out. Don't sweat it! Hope the deal is true! Make sure you check out the hotel in person too though.

There ain't no getting out of this for Chris...Katie keeps telling him that she is a flower girl, Ethan a pageboy, mummy a bride and dadda the groom :haha: He's just put her to bed and I heard her saying 'Katie flower girl, Meemy bride' (she calls me Meemy rather than Mummy!)

My Mum & I went to the wedding fayre at Sparth House today and I really liked it and was hoping to get married there, but Chris isn't keen due to it's location. It's very close to us and in a town where a lot of his friends live. He thinks that people would show up even if they weren't invited, and I do see his point (some of the people he knows would do that and think nothing of it).

However I have just found an absolutely brilliant offer at a choice of 2 VERY nice hotels.

For £5k you get the following (Mon-Thurs)

Wedding breakfast for 40 guests, inc glass of wine with food & 1 for toast
Evening buffet for 100 guests
Complimentary bridal suite
Suit hire for 4
Wedding dress up to £600
3 tier wedding cake, over 20 designs to choose from
Bride's bouquet
2 bridesmaid's bouquets
Groom, best man & 2 usher's button holes
Parents of the bride & groom's corsage/button holes
Photographer - choice of album containing 30 pages with up to 100 images

It tells you all the companies that they're coming from & they are reputable companies. I think that is a brilliant offer!!!

wow i agree that is an amazing offer!! :thumbup: agree with chris too..u don't want gate crashers on your wedding day!!!

Sigh. Chris really doesn't want me to book anything. He is absolutely dreading being the centre of attention and especially having to do a speech. He said he can't explain it, he's nervous now and we've not even booked anything. I said I don't want him to dread marrying me and I feel like I'm pushing him into it. He said it's not marrying me that he's dreading, he does want to get married. This morning I said shall I book an appointment to look round one of the hotels that is doing the above deal and he just said 'if you want' in a miserable voice :-( I don't know what to do, I don't want him to go through something he is uncomfortable with and will get all worked up over, but at the same time I want to have a wedding that I want, I don't just want to disappear the 2 of us and get married (which I know is what he wants)

awwww is it just the speach hes worried about or being centre of attention all day///
mike was v nervous and his speach was a bit jibbery but it doesn't matter.... its trying to let chris know not everyone is a natural funny speach maker its ok to do a quicky speach.. thank everyone tell you u lookk stunning and hes the luckiest man alive . bridesmaids look beautiful.. toast..job done ..lol.. prob some bits i missed out..lol.. left hand typing!!!

I think it's the speech and also the actual wedding, saying vows etc. I've told him he doesn't need to say a lot, or even doesn't have to do a speech, but then he said people will take the piss out of him for not doing one.

EB, have you considered eloping instead then? I know it might not be your dream wedding but it might be alot more enjoyable for you both. My friends were planning a big wedding with alot of dread and finally made the realization that wasn't who they were or what they could afford and instead arranged in a few days to get married this weekend on their dog walk instead! It was soooo romantic.

That's not what I want Snuggs. I know we both need to be comfortable with the day but I would be gutted if we just disappeared and got married with none of my family and friends :-(

I've booked an appointment to go and look round one of the hotels that do the above offer with the dress, suits etc for Sunday at 12.30....just gotta tell Chris :lol:

Chris informed me tonight that he is moving abroad and 'his feet are so cold they're numb' :haha: At least he can joke about it!

Have you considered a very small, but lovely, destination wedding? Maybe that would be a good compromise for both of you. You can invite just those that are closest family and/or friends. It will stay small because it is destination. You can choose anywhere in the world you wanted. It could be very romantic! With minimal people there, maybe Chris would be more comfortable. But you would still have the family and friends that meant the most. And your wedding would still be a really big deal.

We are only having family during the day anyway (and just 3 friends - 2 bridesmaids and best man), but I have a large family. He has said it wouldn't make a difference if there were 20 people there or 100, he'll still be nervous. I would actually quite like to get married abroad, but my grandparents couldn't come and I can't do that to them. There will be 45 adults (including us) and 10 children at the day do.

This is my biggest nightmare but come the day I'm just going to focus on Liam. He's the reason I'm there, he's who I'm marrying, he's who I love...

Stacey said you tend to forget everyone else is there so hopefully it'll be the same for Chris :)

I told Chris about the appointment at the hotel tonight, he (jokingly) said that he was working on Sunday (his work isn't open on a Sunday :roll:). He also told me that his boss had told him he had to work on the day of our wedding! He's such a tit!!! :rofl:

Katie is being a very good girl - she is constantly telling him she's gonna be a flower girl :haha: For some reason she says girl in a cockney accent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->