• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Planning our destination wedding ~ Turkey September 2012 **Pics added!!**

Ooh have you, whereabouts are you staying? I'm not sure to be honest, I was swaying away from turkey as I couldn't see any nice hotels, but I might be able to now we've upped the budget. Where are you getting married?

The Xanadu Resort Hotel.. and that's where we're getting married aswell :cloud9: The guests have all booked their own hotels though! I think wedding abroads are fab, cant wait! That link you posted for the hotel looks really nice... what a great price! :thumbup: x x x

TNW you're welcome to be the creepy friend lurking in the shadows!! :rofl:

The Xanadu Resort Hotel.. and that's where we're getting married aswell :cloud9: The guests have all booked their own hotels though! I think wedding abroads are fab, cant wait! That link you posted for the hotel looks really nice... what a great price! :thumbup: x x x

Wow, that looks fab, I'm jealous!!! But I want all the guests in the same hotel so I can't go somewhere that posh!

:hissy: I've just text chris' mum asking what her budget is....of course she hasn't told me, just said she needs to know where we're going then she'll find a hotel, she doesn't mind going in a '1 star dump', I text back saying Chris wants her in same hotel as us as everyone else will be there so she just said decide where yr going and I'll find some bargains. I'm basing my search on finding a nice hotel that everyone can afford, then going from there!!! :hissy: And I know her 'bargains' will not be somewhere I want to go :nope: She's coming round tomorrow so I just said we'll talk then. SIGH.

EB - I would totally accept that people will stay where they want to stay and just book a nice place where you want to stay. While it might be ok to have everyone in teh same venue, there are lots of benefits of not as well.

Offer a discount rate if the hotel gives one for a large group, but accept that people are going to spend whatever money they want where they want. Since it is a destination wedding, I don't think you can expect them to stay there unless they are willing.

I'm sorry it is becoming a bit of drama.

The only problem is, it's only Chris' Mum that won't pay it, so everyone will be in the same hotel apart from her and his sister, which I don't think is fair.

can you afford to pay her stay then? I had to do that for a few of my bridal party members (pay their tickets to fly to my wedding).

I *may* have found the solution - https://www.pataraprince.com/index.asp
There are alsorts of rooms available - we could pay more and go in a suite/honeymoon room whilst everyone else go in basic rooms. I think it will still be a little too much for Chris' Mum, but she could get a room for herself & her partner, and a room for Lindsey and her son for approx £1600 half board (inc flights) which I think is bloody brilliant, so I'm hopeful we can persuade her. I have emailed the resort to see what they can do for us.

:yipee: I've found somewhere!! And Chris' mum has agreed!!

https://www.orkaclub.com/nl/index2.htm

It really is the ideal situation. There are hotel rooms and villas so the bigger families can go in a villa.

Plus it's 2 miles away from a gorgeous town that offers lovely venues for weddings :)

Awww EB :friends: thats fantastic a perfect destination , u must be so relieved to have it all sorted!! have u booked it?

Hopefully booking tomorrow. Chris needs to ask his mates yet. I feel sorry for him a bit actually cos he wants to ask his friend Lee but can't cos he's the ex of my maid of honor and it'd just be too awkward.

I'm so excited!!!!

I saw the villa bonus! That is so fabulous. It was meant to be :)

So we're booking tomorrow, I've spoken to the travel company today and confirmed that they have what we need. We've opted for a 3 bed villa as think the 4 of us will be a bit squashed in a hotel room. It'll be ideal too cos my 2 friends are having villas too so the night before the wedding we'll be able to swap and change so that Chris and I spend the night apart. Plus getting ready the next day will be a lot easier for us girls in a big villa :)

I'm a bit nervous about booking the holiday before I have the wedding confirmed, but I have just contacted some wedding planners and there are numerous venues in the area so I'm sure we'd get 1, and I've also emailed our hotel to see if they do weddings. Ideally I'd like to get married on the Wednesday of the 2nd week (26th September) then we have time to do the hen & stag dos after the final guests have arrived on the Saturday.

Chris still hasnt asked his friends as he's been working today but is doing tomorrow.

Eek, it's actually happening!!!!

Oh and I'm telling my nana & grandad tomorrow (they won't be able to come). I'm dreading it :-(

Hotel booked!! :yipee: We fly out on 15th sept (well, will do when I book the flights later)

My nana cried when I told her :cry: I feel awful :-(

No mention on FB yet please, need to tell more family first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->