Play kitchen

louandivy

Reaction score
I really want to get Ivy one for Christmas, because they are so cute and she will get use out of it for years, but would you say that 18 months is too young for a play kitchen? She loves fiddling with stuff in the kitchen anyway and she is currently ignoring me and pretending to drink out of a teacup! What do you guys reckon? And any recommendations? I think I want a nice wooden one if we decide to get one.

We are getting Indie one as we loves going in cupboards and playing with pots and pans. She'll only be 15 months. We struggled to find a wooden one we liked, i'm not a fan of plastic toys. We have ordered this one, it comes with lots of bits and it is on sale at play.com

https://www.play.com/Toys/Toys/4-/1...tml?_$ja=tsid:11518|cat:17408266|prd:17408266

I wouldnt say 18 months is too young :) x

Thanks guys! Bex - that play kitchen is gorgeous! For some reason I always thought play.com was a music shop?! Oohh I'm excited now :)

Hahaha i know, my OH thought i'd brought him £60 worth of music and dvds when he saw the payment on his card. Apparently they have branched out....!

Hahaha aww your OH must have been so excited for a moment!

I have found one that I really want but it looks massive! Don't know if we have enough room for it, I hadn't really taken the space issue into consideration before!

https://www.gltc.co.uk/fcp/product/-/toys_games_kitchens/Sundae-Kitchen/10000002506

That kitchen is more impressive than my IRL kitchen. I don't have a dishwasher or a microwave!

We're making Miss E one for Christmas and she will be about 16 months... I'm not worried as I think it will be a toy that grows with her. I think though I'm more excited about playing with it then she will be :D

We won't be getting one till he's abut older but ikea have a nice one we saw it the other day x

My son is 18 months old now and play with our friends kids toy kitchen and is getting one for Christmas. We were torn between two, the Ikea one and one from America which was a big corner thing, because I want one that looks like a real (ish) kitchen and I like good quality wooden ones but since the Ikea one is a quarter of the price and is the one he plays with at our friends house he is getting that. He pretends to do the washing up and puts things away so I think 18 months is fine, especially if you buy a sensible one that does not have lots of small bits. :thumbup:

I don't think it's too young, I reckon she will love it! We have got one for Lily this year:

(can't find the right link on my phone atm, will try later)

I wanted a unisex one in case of any future LOs.

Lily loves the play kitchen at toddler group so I know she will love it. I'm so excited for her to have it, can't wait. Luke is so exciting about assembling it on Christmas Eve :lol:

Don't forget about pots and pans and food too. Melissa and Doug do awesome wooden food. A lovely wooden kitchen deserves lovely wooden food I reckon :thumbup:

Oh definitely! Little pieces of wooden food makes me unreasonably excited. I might just ask all mine and OHs family to buy something to contribute towards my....er I mean Ivy's....awesome kitchen :haha:

Hahaha aww your OH must have been so excited for a moment!

I have found one that I really want but it looks massive! Don't know if we have enough room for it, I hadn't really taken the space issue into consideration before!

https://www.gltc.co.uk/fcp/product/-/toys_games_kitchens/Sundae-Kitchen/10000002506

That kitchen is more impressive than my IRL kitchen. I don't have a dishwasher or a microwave!

He was very disappointed when i told him, i ended up adding 5 cds to his christmas presents as i felt bad :dohh:

That kitchen is brilliant, it even has a phone!! We have the space issue too, i have to move around my dining room to make room for it!

Oh definitely! Little pieces of wooden food makes me unreasonably excited.

I am so glad that I am not the only one. I am sure we will end up with far more food than he can play with about a year after he has had the kitchen. :haha:

We got Ruby one at 12 months, just a little one but she loved it!

Oh definitely! Little pieces of wooden food makes me unreasonably excited.

I am so glad that I am not the only one. I am sure we will end up with far more food than he can play with about a year after he has had the kitchen. :haha:

Oh yeah definitely! I cannot deny that I am re-living my childhood through Ivy a little bit, I just love small stuff! If you google playhouses some of the most incredibly beautiful bespoke wood playhouses with big verandas come up, but they cost thousands. If I were rich Ivy would be absolutely spoilt rotten because I wouldn't be able to resist!

If you google playhouses some of the most incredibly beautiful bespoke wood playhouses with big verandas come up, but they cost thousands. If I were rich Ivy would be absolutely spoilt rotten because I wouldn't be able to resist!

I have done that so many times before, also the really amazing tree houses you can get built for thousands, then there are the play beds that are out there. I can only dream though.

This is the one we have brought for Chloe - she had a very small one last Christmas [at 19 months] and loved it, so this year we have brought her the big wooden one and got loads of accessories to go with it [big Melissa and Doug fan here too!]

Got the kitchen from Costco for bargain price of £80 :)

https://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i470/kerrymhart/KidKraft-Large-Kitchen-5318-1.jpg

Am sure your LO will love it whatever you choose!!

P.S Its big but I have lied to OH on the measurements, figuring when he goes to put it up on Christmas eve he won't mind if its abit bigger than he thought ha ha

No, I'd say get her one as soon as she starts showing an interest. Arf's getting one for his birthday but as I've already bought him some other stuff I'm not certain which one to get. I love the ikea one and that's a good price but I've read some good reviews of the asda one which is reduced from £80 to £40. I don't think I'd pay more than £150 max!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->