Please, August, do not taunt- it's BFPs that we want!

Apparently I'm going to start testing with ICs tomorrow lol. Ive been convinced. Not really expecting to see much but I don't really want to buy an frer until I see something on the ICs. I have a digi in the cupboard too for later

I'm pretty sure Morgan was the same way as me... our FRER's were much darker than our ICs before AF was late. I guess it depends on your ICs but I'd rather test with a FRER first after my experience this last time around.

Good luck though!!!!

Yeah my FRER was darker, but my darkest was First Signal brand at Walmart. Only 99¢....
But shit it was 99¢! (Macklemore reference...lol)

So no Af now.... I had some darker CM, pinkish.... but it's stopped. My ovaries are killing me, I'm so confused. Did anyone else ever have this with off cycles or if they didn't ovulate?

Vivian, have you tried looking into someone at cedars? I'm pretty sure they have a good RE program

Nicole-that's a good number for 6dpo I promise!! Women normally test on 7 dpo so it for sure would have been higher!! Yay for the clomid working for you, with minimal side effects, this is a great thing!!! Fx'd for you!!

Julie-try not to worry! I don't feel preggo at all, except for my monster huge rock hard boobs and my 1pm morning sickness everyday lol...give it time :)

Question: have any of you preggos had trouble eating? Not like sickness but like portion wise? I get hungry and have no aversion to the food but then can only eat a couple bites before I feel so full I'll bust! I don't know if it's bc I'm bloated or drinking so much water or what but i remember it happening last time and it makes me feel like a bowling ball!

That was like me for my entire pregnancy last time! I was hungry but a few bites would push me over the edge and I felt like a "jelly bean"

Yeah my FRER was darker, but my darkest was First Signal brand at Walmart. Only 99¢....

LOL. giggling out loud over here

Ashlee, I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR TESTS!!

My sense of smell is off the charts right now. but, im trying not to get my hopes up! Everything tastes funny, too.

Vivian, have you tried looking into someone at cedars? I'm pretty sure they have a good RE program

Nicole-that's a good number for 6dpo I promise!! Women normally test on 7 dpo so it for sure would have been higher!! Yay for the clomid working for you, with minimal side effects, this is a great thing!!! Fx'd for you!!

Julie-try not to worry! I don't feel preggo at all, except for my monster huge rock hard boobs and my 1pm morning sickness everyday lol...give it time :)

Question: have any of you preggos had trouble eating? Not like sickness but like portion wise? I get hungry and have no aversion to the food but then can only eat a couple bites before I feel so full I'll bust! I don't know if it's bc I'm bloated or drinking so much water or what but i remember it happening last time and it makes me feel like a bowling ball!

That was like me for my entire pregnancy last time! I was hungry but a few bites would push me over the edge and I felt like a "jelly bean"

LOL. giggling out loud over here

Ashlee, I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR TESTS!!

My sense of smell is off the charts right now. but, im trying not to get my hopes up! Everything tastes funny, too.

Yeah I start my search tomorrow. Already had one reply from AR doc. I'm just in so much pain right now - I sneeze and my ovaries hurt. I have my brick back again.

Last pregnancy and most of this one so far. I've just had an aversion to food in general though. It's worse when I'm feeling super nauseous (obviously) because I feel like eating anything is only going to make it worse.

I just want everyone to get a BFP already (obviously so do all of you) so that we can all talk about it together. My March due date thread sucks and I'd like to have people to talk pregnancy with as we're going through it. I'm pretty sure I'm talking to myself in that thread which is totally different from the due date thread with my last pregnancy. I'm still pretty close online friends with half those girls. These ones... not so much.

Tonight I messaged my aunt all about my mom's craziness to see if she'd be willing to step in and say something to her about it. My mom clearly thinks I don't know what I'm talking about/don't know how to be a parent/etc and ignores everything I say anyway so me going to her would be pointless. We're just at a point where neither OH or I trust her to watch the girls alone more than a few minutes at a time. Her drinking is out of hand. It's affecting her physically and mentally. My stepdad's just lazily sitting by letting it happen. Everyone's enabling her by just ignoring it so I'm hoping my aunt is willing to step in and help :/

It won't let me add a picture in my last post and I'm sure nobody cares but I measured my mom's bottle of rum last night and again tonight to see how much she's drank (since when I first measured it and showed you guys, my stepdad was drinking with her so it looked like a lot more...)

The first black line/amount is what she drank yesterday. The second set/red lines is the amount she drank so far today but she's still going to be up/drinking for another 2-3 hours. I'm not crazy in thinking this is too much for a person to be drinking a day, EVERY single day right?

I feel like when I explain things to someone, they don't think it's as big of an issue as I do so I wonder if OH & I are blowing it out of proportion.

Attachments

• 677u.jpg
    677u.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 8
It won't let me add a picture in my last post and I'm sure nobody cares but I measured my mom's bottle of rum last night and again tonight to see how much she's drank (since when I first measured it and showed you guys, my stepdad was drinking with her so it looked like a lot more...)

The first black line/amount is what she drank yesterday. The second set/red lines is the amount she drank so far today but she's still going to be up/drinking for another 2-3 hours. I'm not crazy in thinking this is too much for a person to be drinking a day, EVERY single day right?

I feel like when I explain things to someone, they don't think it's as big of an issue as I do so I wonder if OH & I are blowing it out of proportion.

no, that is a lot of alcohol for one person. I would be DRUNK off of that, however, her tolerance is probably really high!

no, that is a lot of alcohol for one person. I would be DRUNK off of that, however, her tolerance is probably really high!

If it is, it's from constant drinking. She doesn't act like a stumbling drunk like you'd imagine but you can definitely tell she's been drinking. I just saw her on my way to the bathroom and she was telling me how our one cat found a hole in the ceiling in her smoke room/back room and climbed up there but she can't get her out so just know that she's up there. She opened the door and said "well she's here right now... i had gotten her out." She literally JUST told me 2 seconds before that she couldn't get her out. It's little things like that ALL THE TIME. Saying 2 totally different things right after each other. Like she doesn't even remember what she (or you) just said. Mental lapses basically. But they're happening all the freaking time. Earlier today we were in the kitchen with Hannah & OH was telling me how he gave her this picture of Elmo from her juice box container to carry around and my mom goes, "Yeah... she took all her juice boxes out so I threw away the plastic and gave her the picture of Elmo." Even though she just heard OH say that he gave it to her. She was part of hte conversation but it's like she didn't actually hear what was just said. I don't know if that's a sign of alcoholism but it sure seems like it should be to me.

I'm just worried she's gonna put Hannah down for a nap and forget to take the monitor with her or ever check on her. She'll leave Hannah alone in a room with steak knives on the counter or something. Take her outside and not keep a total eye on her, you know what I mean?

If it is, it's from constant drinking. She doesn't act like a stumbling drunk like you'd imagine but you can definitely tell she's been drinking. I just saw her on my way to the bathroom and she was telling me how our one cat found a hole in the ceiling in her smoke room/back room and climbed up there but she can't get her out so just know that she's up there. She opened the door and said "well she's here right now... i had gotten her out." She literally JUST told me 2 seconds before that she couldn't get her out. It's little things like that ALL THE TIME. Saying 2 totally different things right after each other. Like she doesn't even remember what she (or you) just said. Mental lapses basically. But they're happening all the freaking time. Earlier today we were in the kitchen with Hannah & OH was telling me how he gave her this picture of Elmo from her juice box container to carry around and my mom goes, "Yeah... she took all her juice boxes out so I threw away the plastic and gave her the picture of Elmo." Even though she just heard OH say that he gave it to her. She was part of hte conversation but it's like she didn't actually hear what was just said. I don't know if that's a sign of alcoholism but it sure seems like it should be to me.

I'm just worried she's gonna put Hannah down for a nap and forget to take the monitor with her or ever check on her. She'll leave Hannah alone in a room with steak knives on the counter or something. Take her outside and not keep a total eye on her, you know what I mean?

Completely valid concern! The rough part is that approaching her or confronting her about it may blow up and get really volitaile. I wish you the best of luck and I hope it all works out hun :hugs:

You've said you dont feel comfortable leaving your kids around her alone... that in and of itself is a problem that is a result of her drinking and that is problem enough. She is creating a situation where you are being affected and your children are being affected.

FWIW, I agree that this is an issue and you shouldn't feel bad about drawing people's attention to it.

Amanda, for comparison purposes, it takes our house (of 4 adults) about two weeks to a month to go through a fifth of tequila, and we all have margaritas maybe 2x-3x a week.

It def sounds like some mental artifacts from drinking.. how old is she? Could there be some dementia at play too? Her attempt to insert herself in the story even though it's not true and you all know it isn't true is something to be a little concerned about...

Yea I agree, that's a lot for one person. Sorry you have to worry about your kids being with your mother :?

Got another bloody nose, other nostril this time though. So weird

It def sounds like some mental artifacts from drinking.. how old is she? Could there be some dementia at play too? Her attempt to insert herself in the story even though it's not true and you all know it isn't true is something to be a little concerned about...

She just turned 47. She definitely has a something going on mentally... She's constantly seeking sympathy usually in regards to her health or self-diagnosing herself with diseases (she currently thinks she has some form, any form of cancer) or acting all high and mighty like she's better than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->