Please, August, do not taunt- it's BFPs that we want!

Biphasic chart is your standard pre vs. post O temps (low pre/high post). Triphasic charts have a second temperature rise (usually between 7and 9dpo) so instead of two "steps", triphasic charts have three.

Mirolee u checking tomorrow????

Cassidy im soo sorry dh is in such pain...sorry ur feeling so helpless...wat a witch tht doc is to take away all his meds...hang in there hun :hugs:

Firsttime- I had ZERO belief in OPKs until this month. I'm a late Oer too and I just get stressed and frustrated that they don't turn and give up...this month I vowed I would stick with it...and even after they got close to positive and then totally negative I just kept testing and then BAM!!! Huge positive for a day and a half, that gave us perfect bd timing and our rainbow bfp! I know it's annoying and frustrating but try and stick with it, hun!! Xo

Thanks! I'm sure trying! It's scary for me.. like they make me feel like my body doesn't work right or something. When you say late, how late is "late", just out of curiosity? I'm not going to quit, but I'm going to keep temping and all of that, too. Thank you :)

What is a biphasic chart vs. a triphasic chart just out of curiosity??

This month was CD19 (positive OPK CD18), thank God!! Cycle before that was CD26 (i had given up on OPKs lol). The first time I got preggo was on a CD35 Ovulation...I have surprise kamikaze eggs!

Oh, okay, that makes me feel better! I'm with ya. Before I got pregnant at the end of September, my last AF was in June sometime last year. They told me I had PCOS, but since I've lost some weight and I'm eating a low carb diet, I'm hoping that helps me O on a regular basis!

Funny you say that! This cycle I stopped eating carbs (or was eating very little) starting CD1 because I read something about carbs and estrogen and delaying O in some people and the POP, out came a "semi on time" eggie. I really think it helped and was awesome for weight too!

I wish she would have just weaned him off or something. Instead she waited until hsi appointment where he was supposed to get a refill prescription and just told him to deal with what he had left, which wasn't nearly enough to properly step himself down off of it. Grrrr. I didn't want him taking the damn things in the first place, then she prescribes them to him and then does THIS. Ugh. Not cool at all. He's laying on the couch wrapped in a pink blankey shivering and sweating and watching Duck Dynasty. Hehehe. He's still pretty damn cute lmao.

Firsttime- I had ZERO belief in OPKs until this month. I'm a late Oer too and I just get stressed and frustrated that they don't turn and give up...this month I vowed I would stick with it...and even after they got close to positive and then totally negative I just kept testing and then BAM!!! Huge positive for a day and a half, that gave us perfect bd timing and our rainbow bfp! I know it's annoying and frustrating but try and stick with it, hun!! Xo

Thanks! I'm sure trying! It's scary for me.. like they make me feel like my body doesn't work right or something. When you say late, how late is "late", just out of curiosity? I'm not going to quit, but I'm going to keep temping and all of that, too. Thank you :)

What is a biphasic chart vs. a triphasic chart just out of curiosity??

This month was CD19 (positive OPK CD18), thank God!! Cycle before that was CD26 (i had given up on OPKs lol). The first time I got preggo was on a CD35 Ovulation...I have surprise kamikaze eggs!

Oh, okay, that makes me feel better! I'm with ya. Before I got pregnant at the end of September, my last AF was in June sometime last year. They told me I had PCOS, but since I've lost some weight and I'm eating a low carb diet, I'm hoping that helps me O on a regular basis!

Funny you say that! This cycle I stopped eating carbs (or was eating very little) starting CD1 because I read something about carbs and estrogen and delaying O in some people and the POP, out came a "semi on time" eggie. I really think it helped and was awesome for weight too!

Agree! It seems helpful, but it's definitely hard. I've been bad since Wednesday cuz we were on vacay. Back on track though! And thanks for explaining the charts.. does triphasic tend to come with a BFP?

From fertilityfriend:

" A triphasic chart shows three levels of temperatures: pre-ovulation, post-ovulation, and then a second rise around 7-10 days after ovulation. Some women with charts that show this pattern turn out to be pregnant. But many do not. Likewise, your chart does not need to show this kind of pattern for you to be pregnant. Whether or not you are pregnant, progesterone, the hormone responsible for raising your temperature after ovulation, generally peaks in the middle of your luteal phase and this can cause this kind of pattern whether or not you are pregnant.

A triphasic chart can be promising, however, because progesterone levels generally increase after implantation (7-10 days past ovulation) in conception cycles, and sometimes this results in a triphasic pattern. If your chart shows a second significant thermal shift that begins 7-10 days past ovulation, Fertility Friend will indicate a triphasic pattern in the Pregnancy Monitor. A triphasic chart, however, is not a definite sign that you are or are not pregnant. It is just increasing your probability if you also have well-timed intercourse. Likewise, you can be pregnant and not have a triphasic pattern. Like all signs of possible implantation or pregnancy, you can really only speculate about it once a pregnancy has already been confirmed."

Mirolee why are you scared??? To test?? :hugs: Your chart looks great hun.

I am scared.

:( I'm sorry! I know it's nerve wracking and I know you have a lot of stock in this cycle bc of the last...take a deep breath, know that were all here with you, and test when you're ready. You're chart looks promising, for sure. Thinking of you!!

Rachel-what kind of calcium supplement are you taking?? I don't drink milk or eat yogurt so I've just been popping some tums here and there but I really should have something consistent. I love cheese but it's prob a bad idea to eat too much of it when I'm trying to not become a blimp...:)

I am scared.

Oh Hun..hugs to u...i know its scary...trust me i do...but we have to keep in mind our real goal...u go o down correctly...u got your bding in time...nows the time for the next step...tho wed love to c u test but i take your time and only test wen u feel comfortable....:hugs:

I take 2 600 mg calcium + vitamin D3 (whoops I said earlier it was mag..guess not) its the bone active one from vitamin world. But you can get them anywhere. Just so happens that's where I got my last bottle. I also take a prenatal of course and an extra dha supplement because I heard and read its good for developing baby brains. My prenatal only has 150mg of calcium in it.

Ahhhhhh my ultrasound is tomorrow!!!!!

Cassidy - was he on an opiate pain killer or some sort of benzo? Give him some benadryl to help him relax.

I had to update because I was just too excited lol clinical guard OPKs are now stark white negative and the wondfos are super light woohoo!!! Just makes ovulation seem more real lol

Yay! :) Excited for you!! Fingers crossed for good results!!

AFM, Mine are still stark white negative and I'm CD16. Ugh! I have one stick left, and I'm holding it til just before bed. Then I'll use it. I'm going to buy more before work in the morning. Some people drink. Some people smoke. And some people pee on sticks.. haha! Seriously though, I don't know what's going on. I'm getting worried I won't O! Can it just change color during one day? Does it build up for a day or a few days? I've never had a positive OPK so I'm not really sure what to expect with the OPK's. On the bright side, I have a doctor's appointment in a little less than a month so I'll have some temps to show her and maybe she will be able to get some info from that. I'm not beyond asking for the Clomid, but I'm not sure hubby will be on board with it since I had an AF.. I'm going to bring it up tonight and see how he feels.. he's all about being patient. He doesn't get the absolute terror I have that I won't be able to get pregnant again after it taking 10 months last time..

I test 2-3 times a day. On cd 16 in the am my OPKs were really negative but by pm they were positive. So it doesn't always show a nice build up.

Cassidy- omfg! That dr sounds horrible! I can't believe she would do that to him. I know how much you hated that he had to take them in the first place and now for her to just take him off like that is ridiculous! Especially since she had him on such a high dosage. Though I'm not sure if he was taking the recommended, was he?

No he was taking less that what she prescribed him which was good, and helped him in the end cuz he had a few extra from his last prescription to help initially, but now he has nothing and is in so much pain.

She had him on methadone, with vicoprofen for 'breakthrough pain'- whatever the fuck that means (sorry, so frustrated lol). She had prescribed him SIX a day. He was taking 3, maybe 4 on bad days.

I didn't think he was taking the prescribed amount. I remember you said it was a lot. I'm so frustrated for you :? Doctors in this area just seem like complete idiots. Is he going to try going to someone else?

Got the bd in :) ill be back on regular schedule tomorrow so I'll be asking for a quick summary of what went down while I was gone.

She signed him up for physical therapy. He goes in for that appointment Monday- he's so pessimistic about it but i'm hoping it really will help him. And then he has his next appointment for his infectious disease doctor sometime next week too I believe to get the rest of his results from his biopsy and cultures.

Yaaay Nichole!!!!

I'm hoping it will work out that way for me too tomorrow. My soft cups are supposed to arrive tomorrow, so FX!

Wow methadone???? That's crazy. Did he have an underlying dependence on an opiate? Methadone is insane to prescribe to someone. No lortabs or oxycodone?? That stuff is pretty strong. They use it for withdrawing from heroin

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->