Please, August, do not taunt- it's BFPs that we want!

So Nikki - Have you felt any movement yet in there???

I was stalking bump pics and found LOTS of yours Emily!!! So precious, I loved the 20-something week one with Daniel too, he is a cutie!!! :)

Thanks Robert for the cotton web page! Ill take a look. I am one of those people that like to put everything on one registry and they if I don't get it as a gift then Ill shop around. This is basically my list of needs/wants. DH was the one that said he wanted to try cloth, so I said we could. If he doesn't partake in the duties that come along with cloth then I'm not doing it either. So I just put a few on the registry to see if we like them. If we do we will get more, if we don't then we didn't waste too much money. But we aren't sure what to expect. Did you see anything else on my registry that I might be missing or have too much of? Being the first time I might miss something.

For anyone else that wants to check out my registry and might have advice for a first time mommy...

https://www.toysrus.com/registry/myregistry/index.jsp

Sorry, I didn't see this before. Registries are super personal!

Some products I love: (p.s. I was a nanny for two years for preemie twin girls, from day 1 home from the hospital. I'm not a mommy yet but I have spent lots of time around babies! )

swaddlers are amazing. esp. for little houdinis who like to get out of the swaddled blankets you may have wrapped them in. I like the Halo Sleep Sack. They make a really cozy fleece one that is easy to use and so comfy.

Carseat: I'm a personal fan of the graco snugride 35. Its a little bigger and heavier, but really nice to still have them in the rear facing infant seat as long as you can. Even if they're getting older and heavy, you will appreciate being able to take them out of the car and keep them asleep. Convertibles are great too (I like britax) but not as convenient when they are young

Aden and Anais: all of their products are amazing. the sleep sacks are great for year round. you can layer underneath it. They breath, too, so you don't end up with a sweaty baby. The sheets are really soft too!

If you're going to be bottle feeding, or pumping, I really like the Dr. Browns bottles. Lots of little parts, but so much less gas than a normal bottle. i've heard the medela pumps are great.

I LOVE ergo carriers. LOVE them. So comfy and super easy to use, plus all the babies I have carried them with go straight to sleep. The infant insert is great too.

Oh, and a wipe warmer. There is a big difference between a sleepy baby during a night time change, and a sleepy angry baby because their butt is freezing.

BOB Revolution Stroller with the infant adapter may be my hands down favorite stroller. It is super versatile and really easy to push, plus can be used for a long time (it has a high weight limit). My friend has the bugaboo camelion and I cannot stand it. Its really confusing, has a lot of parts, and is not that comfortable to push. The BOB is all in one, folds easily, and can be used for everything-- a walk to a hike, to running. hands down best stroller (IMO). Gracos are nice but not nearly as easy to push when theyre a bit heavier

Nikki-Depending on if I have any spotting or AF, I may test Mon or Tues.

Mirolee-Your chart does look amazing! I really hope it isn't teasing you!!!

Nichole-If you know it will drive you crazy, then put it down!!! Lol I try not to read into my temps.

AFM-Still have some cramping. AF isn't due til Tues. Temps went down though, same time they usually do before AF. So, I'm sure I'm out.

I'm with you Jury - mine due Mon. No twinges today, no pink or very little CM.. wish i was temping but my thermometer ran out of batteries and i didnt replace :S. POAS again this morning - nadda. Hoping it's because it the cheap one I got off amazon.....

swaddlers are amazing. esp. for little houdinis who like to get out of the swaddled blankets you may have wrapped them in. I like the Halo Sleep Sack. They make a really cozy fleece one that is easy to use and so comfy.

Carseat: I'm a personal fan of the graco snugride 35. Its a little bigger and heavier, but really nice to still have them in the rear facing infant seat as long as you can. Even if they're getting older and heavy, you will appreciate being able to take them out of the car and keep them asleep. Convertibles are great too (I like britax) but not as convenient when they are young

Aden and Anais: all of their products are amazing. the sleep sacks are great for year round. you can layer underneath it. They breath, too, so you don't end up with a sweaty baby. The sheets are really soft too!

If you're going to be bottle feeding, or pumping, I really like the Dr. Browns bottles. Lots of little parts, but so much less gas than a normal bottle. i've heard the medela pumps are great.

I LOVE ergo carriers. LOVE them. So comfy and super easy to use, plus all the babies I have carried them with go straight to sleep. The infant insert is great too.

Oh, and a wipe warmer. There is a big difference between a sleepy baby during a night time change, and a sleepy angry baby because their butt is freezing.

BOB Revolution Stroller with the infant adapter may be my hands down favorite stroller. It is super versatile and really easy to push, plus can be used for a long time (it has a high weight limit). My friend has the bugaboo camelion and I cannot stand it. Its really confusing, has a lot of parts, and is not that comfortable to push. The BOB is all in one, folds easily, and can be used for everything-- a walk to a hike, to running. hands down best stroller (IMO). Gracos are nice but not nearly as easy to push when theyre a bit heavier

Yea we have like 3 swaddlers already that were passed down to us, so I removed them from our registry.

The car seat we are registered for in our registry (it is with the stroller) is the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35.

Ill look into Aden and Anais stuff, thanks for the suggestion!

I have the Dr. Browns bottles, my girlfriend also recommended it. However with the new and exciting (JOKES) Obama care my insurance gives me a free breast pump. So I figured Id try that one out and then if it is awful Ill get something else later.

We have 2 carriers from our neighbor too, so I took mine off the list. They aren't Ergo, but since they were free I figured Id try them out and if I am not a fan I can try another brand. I wasn't sure how often Id use the carrier anyways, so Ill give the free one a chance.

For the stroller I went with the one that is a set with that car seat. It is a "mock" BOB and like half the price. It seems really nice.

hmmm... a wipe warmer is important... Ill have to think about that and see how things go.

I def will add more inserts to my list for the cloth diapers. Thanks for that info! I have asked a few experienced mom's to look at my registry, because I would hate to miss something important because Im sure my first few months will be REALLY busy!

Emily- I am not sure if I have felt kicks. I think so, but not sure. I was told it felt like fluttering... kinda like butterfly's or bubbles or gas. I haven't felt that but recently (and not often) i have felt jabs... but pretty low. So I am not sure if it is kicks or stretching. I have an ultrasound on Tuesday so I am going to show the ultrasound person where I am feeling the jabs and ask if that is where her feet are.

Emily- I am not sure if I have felt kicks. I think so, but not sure. I was told it felt like fluttering... kinda like butterfly's or bubbles or gas. I haven't felt that but recently (and not often) i have felt jabs... but pretty low. So I am not sure if it is kicks or stretching. I have an ultrasound on Tuesday so I am going to show the ultrasound person where I am feeling the jabs and ask if that is where her feet are.

Aww! :) gosh I miss that! It was my favorite! It's so exciting. I thought it was more jabbing/bumping than butterflies or bubbles. Our little guy was on the go all the time on there. It was so fun!

Hi girls...been busy all morning so didnt get a chance to come on earlier....
Happy Friday everyone :)

NIkki...i tried looking for your registry but couldnt really find it..can u give me the registry number or sth ...the link just opens to the babiesr us page...also i dont think i have u on fb..

Mirolee - your chart does look gud girl...hmmmmm....i dont wanna say too much....eeekk

Nichole - if u think ur gonna have peace of mind by not temping then thts wat u shud do...for me if i dont temp i keep wondering ALL DAY LONG what my temp would have been so temping actually keeps me sane :p

Af is due either monday or tuesday ...have a dr app on monday and he will refill my clomid :)

Amanda- Omg sorry I must have missed this but I just saw on FB that you guys have a baby that lives with you, OH's? So do you take care of him, is that how you know all that or from the bbysitting? Sorry I just had NO IDEA about the baby, he's so cute!!

Amanda- Omg sorry I must have missed this but I just saw on FB that you guys have a baby that lives with you, OH's? So do you take care of him, is that how you know all that or from the bbysitting? Sorry I just had NO IDEA about the baby, he's so cute!!

Are you referring to me? The little blonde baby?

I think so!! Lol mind my stalking, I just saw lots of pics of your OH and a baby.. I think you mentioned him before maybe.. Does he live with you?

A LOT of girls I know have these annoying anterior placentas... so the baby is in there kicking away but they can't feel because the placenta cushions all of the kicks! This may be your situation! Even if it is, you'll start to feel some stuff within the next few weeks for sure!

My favorite baby items were actually the Playtex AirVent bottles. I like that the air escape from the bottles, and that they have an ergonomic shape to them.

And I loved my Medela pump. I am buying a brand new one cuz my old one (while it works great!) is not convenient for commuting... I am getting the pump with the backpack to take to and from work.

Also, I was saved by Medela nipple shields! Danny would not nurse without them! I would have given up if my cousin hadn't told me about the shields. Life SAVERS! I am bringing one to the hospital this time just so I am prepared!

Word of advice- NO manual pumps or your hand will fall off! LOL I had one on my registry, but ended up using the electric pump in the NICU and it was AWESOME :)

EMILY YOUR 30 WEEKS!!!!!!!!! OMG....baby boy will be here in no time...first baby of your thread :happydance: any news on Laura??? she must be almost there too???

I think so!! Lol mind my stalking, I just saw lots of pics of your OH and a baby.. I think you mentioned him before maybe.. Does he live with you?

Oh! Yes, that's Indie (short for Indigo) He stays over quite a bit, but he "belongs" so OH's best friend, who passed away not that long ago. His momma just beat cancer, so we had him while she was in the hospital for surgery, etc.

OHMYGOSH what an awful story.. and such a CUTE baby!!! :/ Awh that is just so sad.. I'm sorry to hear that, I think I remember you mentioning that too about his friend (lol but obv I imagine things...) But yeah he's cute lol after I saw that I swore you had a baby and I was like whyyyy is she saying TTC peanut #1 ?!?! Lol

Hmm I think I like that name, well Indie at least, where did they come up with it?

AFM- I am DYING to get OUT of here.. I usually sneak out by now (I'm supposed to stay til 5.. :blush:) but they're having a meeting by the door and HUBBY IS OUTSIDE!! Uggh lol just waiting and I'm trapped in here.. Oh well it's, ALMOST, weekend time :)

OHMYGOSH what an awful story.. and such a CUTE baby!!! :/ Awh that is just so sad.. I'm sorry to hear that, I think I remember you mentioning that too about his friend (lol but obv I imagine things...) But yeah he's cute lol after I saw that I swore you had a baby and I was like whyyyy is she saying TTC peanut #1 ?!?! Lol

Hmm I think I like that name, well Indie at least, where did they come up with it?

AFM- I am DYING to get OUT of here.. I usually sneak out by now (I'm supposed to stay til 5.. :blush:) but they're having a meeting by the door and HUBBY IS OUTSIDE!! Uggh lol just waiting and I'm trapped in here.. Oh well it's, ALMOST, weekend time :)

Lol, nope, not mine! He looks just like OH though, so its funny when we are out in public with him. It was a tough period, luckily his momma is healthy, back to work, and working hard to be a good mom (and dad) for him. His parents are very creative and hippie-ish. Indigo it is. he fits it well!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/14/david-potts-maui-drowning-tourists-watched_n_898351.html

OH my so that was his dad?!?!?!! UGH SO AWFUL!!!! SO AWFUL SO AAWFUL!!!

Ugh wow now I see things CAN be worse, makes me thankful. Awh poor sweet baby. Thank god for a good momma :)

P.s. SO DONE WITH FB every time I scroll down, NEW BABIES ARE BORN!!!!!!! I swear.. Idc if I'm preggo or not lol I obv can't get over this issue.. Still wanna be like ugh keep it to yourself. And they're all skankbags.. blah :/

OH my so that was his dad?!?!?!! UGH SO AWFUL!!!! SO AWFUL SO AAWFUL!!!

Ugh wow now I see things CAN be worse, makes me thankful. Awh poor sweet baby. Thank god for a good momma :)

P.s. SO DONE WITH FB every time I scroll down, NEW BABIES ARE BORN!!!!!!! I swear.. Idc if I'm preggo or not lol I obv can't get over this issue.. Still wanna be like ugh keep it to yourself. And they're all skankbags.. blah :/

Yep, that was his dad. It is a huge reminder to be thankful for what we have, and who we have! Hug everyone extra tight tonight and appreciate those around you!

Lol, nope, not mine! He looks just like OH though, so its funny when we are out in public with him. It was a tough period, luckily his momma is healthy, back to work, and working hard to be a good mom (and dad) for him. His parents are very creative and hippie-ish. Indigo it is. he fits it well!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/14/david-potts-maui-drowning-tourists-watched_n_898351.html
Oh my goodness, that's just awful! I'm so sorry you and OH lost a friend that way. And especially sorry for momma and baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->