Please delete

it looks to me as if what your looking at as it bone, the sonograph can either show the skeleton or the skin and this just looks like the skull part of the nose. It also looks fine to me! I'm no expert though.

Pretty sure sonographers have to tell you on the day if there's a problem, that or get a Dr to. So I doubt she's hiding it. As for missing it I can't say for certain as I'm no expert. But the White could be as the previous poster said the top part of bone and the 'gap' the cartilaginous bit. And I've seen the bones show White stronger with more pressure from the machine, a change in angle and the machine sensitivity. Sure all is fine for you :)

Looks fine! If there was anything wrong they would have told you there and then :D try not to worry x

when they push down on the scanner bit it shows inside the baby and not the outside. Looks like it's just the angle she had it at and only the bone was showing. I agree with what everyone has said, if there was anything wrong she would have told you!

I saw a million thing wrong with our LO (at one point i was sure one of her kidneys was missing) but they can see everything the way it's meant to be seen and would have noticed something like that, Try not to worry! xx

Someone put my mind at rest with ultrasound photos, you have to imagine that you have taken a slice of the baby, it can only show you a flat image (it being 2D n all...) and as a baby is not flat lol it can only take certain segments, it can go through those segments so quickly that you get different snap shots, thats why some peoples look like their bub has no nose! and why you only see part of the leg etc. I hope that makes sense, it does in my head just hope ive not lost it in translation to typing it lol xx

I agree with other ladies your baby looks perfect and very gawjus :) xx

i really wouldnt worry. sometimes in my scans my babies looked like their head wasn't even attached to their body!! ultrasounds can be funny like that!

now im not 100% sure what happens where you are, but here, the person doing the scan is a tech. Trained to do the scan and not much else, but b/c they have seen thousands of scans, they generally know what they are looking at. The scan is then examined by a radiologist to determine if anything is wrong. If anything was wrong, Im sure your dr/mw would be in touch with you. Its very rare that something major is missed on a scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->