Please help not sure who father is

Crankyb

Reaction score
My LMP first day is Feb 2 2015, I took ovulation test Feb 13 2015 at approx 3pm and got a smilie face. My husband and I had intercourse Feb 13, 14 and 15. I then had an affair with another male and we had intercouse Feb 21, 2015. I took a home pregnancy test March 2, 2015 and it was positive. I took another one same day and the display read pregnant 2-3 weeks. What are the chances my husband is not the father?

If you got your smiley face on the 13th then chances are your dh is the father. However more so is he aware of the situation?

It sounds more likely that your DH is the father.

Can I point out that the OP is looking for answers to her question and not judgement.

Very true atomic...no matter what the situation there is no need for judgement. To add why i asked if dh knows, is because if he is left unaware of what happened it can cause issues later on and actually affect the child because of parental issues. Its best to have it dealt with now before baby arrives. We are all human and can make some really dumb mistakes and its not like we dont feel bad for it. Yes it should never happen especially in a marriage, but we dont know what caused it nor is it for us to know. We can never judge a person.

yea I would bet that ur husband is likely the father. u had a positive OPK on feb 13th so u likely ovulated on the 14th or 15th. u were probably not ovulating when u had the affair. so try not 2 worry about it for now at least! good luck..

What is your average cycle length? That would better help us to estimate your ovulation date.
I agree it sounds like DH is the father so far. Let's be nice, I'm sure this woman is already in her own mental hell over this.

I'm going to try and say this in as unjudgemental way as I possibly can and I really do not want to offend anybody. I honestly think that opinions in this thread are completely irrelevant. If there is even the tiniest doubt about who the father is both men should be made aware of the situation. I think it's entirely unfair that a man should become emotionally invested in a pregnancy and form a bond with a child that might not even be his. You should tell the truth and face the consequences, it really is the best thing for all involved especially your baby who deserves to know who it's father is without any doubt. Whatever you do good luck and wishing you a healthy pregnancy

My guess would be your husband's. I don't see how you could have got pregnant by having sex on the 21st and then got a 2-3 weeks pregnant on the digital only 10 days later.

Did you also temp to confirm your ovulation date?

I think there's a good chance the father is your husband!

I would say your husband but you should defo fess up because that would be unfair all around if your husband brings up another mans child :nope:

I haven't much to add as it's been said but good luck x

I wasn't going to have anyone raising anyone's else's baby. I just wanted to know likelihood. I'm planning to have a prenatal paternity blood test for both involved. Any idea if these tests are reliable?

I would explain the situation to my doctor and see what they say. They could tell you the most accurate way to determine paternity, whether you have to wait til birth or not. Also, your doctor should know anyway, as far as your risk factors for genetic issues.

I hope it turns out whichever way you want it to.

I wonder why people offer ethical opinions when all she wants is to know whether it's possible/likely. By the way, I'd say the odds are in you favour, but the human body may be unreliable. All the same, I wouldn't tell any of them until I found out, if finding out is possible while pregnant. The easiest way would be asking the other guy for a sample if you need it. Cos if you ask him for a sample to test and it's his, well there you go. If it is not his, he can forget all about it and move on. Just an opinion.

I would say that it is most likely your husband's. Though our bodies can be unpredictable and there's always a small chance it could be the other guy's, but based on the info you provided, it's most likely your husband's.

As far as prenatal paternity testing, I would definitely talk to you doctor about what is recommended. Don't quote me on this, but I think it's usually recommended to wait until after the baby is born, but not impossible to do it before. Again, don't quote me on that, but that what I've heard (but not sure of the accuracy of it).

I would think that either route would be accurate. There can only be one match without much mistake. I've not had experience with this or know anyone that has, so I can't speak from experience, but I'm guessing it would have to be accurate (unless they were identical twins and therefore had similar dna?).

Wishing you the best of luck! :hugs:

Be aware that blood paternity testing does cost $1000 and up if you pay out of pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->