Please help potty training

Chazhavnfun

Mummy of 3
Reaction score
Im currently on day 2 of potty training my daughter she is 2yrs 4mths. She has been ready for ages and is very advanced for her years.
My problem is i have taken her nappies of her and she is naked from waist down (this is how i trained my son) But she keeps asking to get her nappie on when i think she needs to go but i think she is holding it in. She sits on the potty no problem and can sit on it for up to 20mins colouring but still doesnt let it flo.
I put a nappy on her for bed time only and last night when i put her nappy on within 15 mins it was dirty. I think she may be embarresed to go on it. Im unsure. I know its only day 2 but i thought girls were easier than boys and it took me 4 days to fully potty train my son. Any tips or help will be awesume thanks.

xcx

When potty training josh i didn't push it, i waited til he was roughly 2 1/2 ish & just left the potty in the room we lived in all the time, Left him nappyless at home & just kept saying do you need to wee, sometimes whilst playing he would wee so i would just grab his potty & hold it under him whilst he stood weeing, then i'd show him the wee wee & say good boy for weeing on the potty even though it was mid flow , he very very quickly started saying i need to wee & although it was literally as he sprinkled he realised to tell me so it was a race to grab the potty for him to sit or stand over. The weeing we cracked within that week but pooing oh that took time he kept asking for a nappy on & at 1st i gave in but then thought this isn't helping & i just said nope if you need to poo you can sit on your potty. Ok so we had accidents but who doesn't , but the 1st time he poo'd on his potty he was so proud of himself it changed everything so much he was already proper dry during day so as soon as the pooing was cracked i left him nappyless for bed & going out during day. I found leaving it til he was just a tad older (nearly 3)so easy than watching my friends trying to potty train their younger kids, he understood me better & could talk back better, We had no hassle & compared to watching my friends get angry & complain constantly that there kids weren't getting it ..well obviously they were to young or just not ready.

If she says she wants a nappy on then just say no you need to wee wee on the big girl potty now, & ask her if she needs to wee or does she want to sit on it. The fact she'll sit on it anyway is good she isn't worried about it but its a big thing for them to learn its ok to wee/poo in a nappy now we tell them no. Just go 1 day at a time & dont rush her xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->