• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Please Read - Obstetric Cholestasis

when i was admitted to the hospital, my new high risk dr taking over my care put me on ursodiol. it took the edge off my itching to the point that i could sleep. my liver enzymes did not go down drastically, but it defiantly stabilized them. maybe ask about the drug???

Can someone tell me what the itching from Obstetric Cholestasis feels like? The past week I have been itcy all over, it feels like little pinches everywhere like a bug is biting me. I had the same problem in my last pregnancy, I was not tested for OC then, but when I went into my ob app. I told my dr. about the itching and showed him my marks from scratching and he induced me that week, at 38 weeks, due to the itching and slight raise in blood pressure. I now live in a different state with a different dr. that isn't familar with OC they keep saying I have nothing to worry about.

How quickly should you notify your doctor. I have had really dark urine for the last two months. Two days ago my palms of my hands and wrists, and my feet and ankle have been very itchy. Worse at night and first thing in the morning. There is no visible rash. It just gets red from where I have itched. I am 37 weeks along. I have a doctor appt. on Tuesday. Should I wait until then or call my dr.?

How quickly should you notify your doctor. I have had really dark urine for the last two months. Two days ago my palms of my hands and wrists, and my feet and ankle have been very itchy. Worse at night and first thing in the morning. There is no visible rash. It just gets red from where I have itched. I am 37 weeks along. I have a doctor appt. on Tuesday. Should I wait until then or call my dr.?

I would call or even go into the ER to be tested. Sometimes drs don't even know what it is or how serious it is, so if you have to demand the test!

hi you guys, i hope someone can answer this for me. i had OC in my last pregnancy starting at week 37. the itching in my legs and feet was unbearable and i am not sure how I got through 2.5 weeks until i had my daughter.

So far in this pregnancy I had no issues. I am really scared this will come back, and earlier in the pregnancy. are any second time moms out there who can share their experience? Did this come back in the next pregnancy? did it happen earlier? was it worse?

thank you so much

I had a Non stress test today and baby's heartrate looked good. I had a liver panel drawn and bile salts. I got the liver panel back and waiting on the bile salts. I work at the hospital and went and got the liver results myself. Dr has not called to go over them but my AST and ALT are in the 300's. What will they do with liver values like this? I am 37 weeks 3 days. :shrug:

I had my baby March 29th via emergency c section. My ALT jumped to 434 and my blood pressure kept spiking. My baby was born at 37 weeks 4 days. She weighed 7pds 14 oz and 19inches long. She is just beautiful. We have battled her not wanting to eat much but she has checked out fine. I am recovering pretty well from my c section. I have alot of swelling still in my feet especially.

shae, im glad everything went well for you, sorry that you had OC at the end of your pregnancy.
stellababy, my dr said most likely you will get OC with every pregnancy, i read you have a 70-90% likelihood of getting it a second time.
pinklollipop, i know its been a while since your post but my itching just felt like a bit of itchy burning?? kinda like a sunburn after a few days. what did they end up doing to treat you? did your dr look into it? as you can see from my posts my dr did not take my OC very serious either, but some other dr's like shea's will induce early because of it.

Shae I am glad you and your little girl are doing well! I ended up switching doctors and now I have someone familar with OC, he will be doing testing if I start itching.

Well I may as well post here too if people are still around.. The other morning I woke up with a very itchy rash all over my bump, legs and back.. I carried on and went to work and it seemed to fade during the day.. only to come back worse at night. The following day I rang the mw and asked to get a docs appt (which I had to push for as there were only emergency appts left for the day) he saw me and immediately booked me in for a blood test for cholestasis. However gave me nothgin to stop the itch. I was on the verge of taking myself to hospital the following night as couldnt sleep from the itching. I phoned the emegency mw and she told me not much the hospital can do so to go docs again.. i did, (annoyingly the rash faded during the day so the docs never saw it at its worst) got some cream..Now the rash seems to have disappeared but I am left with severely itchy feet, like burning. Much worse at night. Really worried I have this. My feet itch so bad I cant imagine going all the way to delivery like this :( I get my results tuesday. Wish me luck! Hope everyone else going thru this has a good outcome. xx

I have the results - apparently slightly elevated bile acids :( Anyone know what the treatment will be? I am booked into a birth centre - I take it this wont be the case now :( ?

I had O.C in my last pregnancy from 28 weeks. I am now pregnant for the second time and just wanted to let everyone know that it is never 'too' early to have this condition.

I started itching this week at just 12 weeks and have just had blood results come back abnormal with everything pointing towards O.C. again. I have a consultant appointment in the next few days to discuss as treatment plan.

I know there is at least a 60% chance of having this condition in subsequent pregnancies, but I honestly did not think there was anyway that it would be this early.

So anyway, if you are any doubt at all, or the itching you feel is the familiar O.C. itch, get seen straight away x

I have been wondering about this a lot recently. For over a month now I have been itching my legs A LOT, more so at night, so much so that they bleed and are now scabby and I can't shave :(. To begin with I thought it was because my nails have grown for the first time in forever, and I'm known to scratch in my sleep due to stress(when my depression worsens). But the past week I have had little bumps appear in the areas before they get really itchy. I've tried to ring my midwife multiple times but she doesn't even have a voicemail and hasn't yet returned my calls. I'm gonna make a docs appointment ASAP.

i have no idea if i have spelled that right. But i am starting to worry that i might be developing it

I have had severely itchy feet since last night and my arms get itchy too. My sister had this which means im at increased risk that this could be what it is.

Anybody experienced the severe itch without it being Cholestasis? I dont mean a mild itch though, its constantly there on the base of my feet but the more i itch it the worse it gets. Also have it starting from when i got up on my right forearm and also had a very itchy tummy yesterday.

anybody any experience or advice.

Seths mommy, sounds like it to me. I would see your doctor ASAP, and get some blood tests.

On another note, I just got diagnosed today. I'm only 8 weeks pregnant. Yeah me.

Seths mommy, sounds like it to me. I would see your doctor ASAP, and get some blood tests.

On another note, I just got diagnosed today. I'm only 8 weeks pregnant. Yeah me.

wow and there was my midwife telling me that im "early" to be getting it. She took full blood works this afternoon and i should have the results tomorrow afternoon or saturday. Also have the added bonus of my bp still rising and pulse rate so being watched for Pre-e too x

I had itchy soles and hands and never had it :) Its always worth getting tested though. Pregnancy can just make you itch because of hormones but it can be so serious its worth getting the test if you are itchy but to always remember, like me, its not always OC

I had itchy soles and hands and never had it :) Its always worth getting tested though. Pregnancy can just make you itch because of hormones but it can be so serious its worth getting the test if you are itchy but to always remember, like me, its not always OC

thank you hun :) It moved to all over late last night.. i was red raw by the time i saw the midwife from scratching. maximum of 2 days till my results so i dont have to wait long to find out xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"