Please Read - Obstetric Cholestasis

Update it was nothing to do with bilirubin it was bile acid at 15 apparently my doctor is telling me it's the same thing but my midwife said bilirubin wasn't a concern x

Thank you so much for this thread. I know it's a really old thread but thought I wud post.

I was diagnosed with cholestasis of pregnancy last week when i was 17+2.
I have been put on medication to bring the bile acid back down. I'm on a very hogh dose already 250ml 3 capsules/pills at night.

I had this in my last pregnancy but it started so much later and I was induced at 35+4. My DD was 5lbs and spent 16 days in neonatal care.
Thankfully she is now a healthy 6 year old.

My worry this time is that I have it so early.
I was never put on medication with my DD because I was far enough in the pregnancy to be induced.

But being as I'm still 6 weeks away from this pregnancy being viable and a very very very long way from being at a stage where baby can be born and survive I am going out of my mind with worry.

Going by my hospital scan I will be 18 weeks tommorow but going by my gender scan I am 18+2. I have another scan at the hospital coming up when I'm 20+ weeks.

So at the moment im on these medication to bring the bile acid levels back down but I wont know if the medication is working until i get another blood test done which i am on may 31st. The medication wud have had a good 3 to 4 weeks to get into my system by then.
I wont get the results until I see my high risk pregnancy consultant on June 4th. So rite now i just feel in total limbo and the fear of not knowing if my baby will live or not is to much. I Just cant handle it and I don't know what to do.

Anyone else been diognosed early and it all turn out ok?
I've heard 2 or 3 positive stories so far but wud like to hear from other womon with there experience.
Was u diognosed early and how far did u get?
Did everything turn out ok.?

My itching started at 11 weeks and was intense but its taken 6 weeks to show up in my blood.

I'm just praying rite now that my baby will be ok.
It's so stressful and so worrying

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->