*Please Read* Obstetric Cholestasis

Good luck
have you got your results yet?

what was your midwife shocked about?

i've no idea what they were shocked about.. that seemed strange to me too..

i rung last night... they said that not all the blood results were back...

i've taken piriton and used some calamine lotion, which didnt seem to help...

but last night i was scratching all over for about half an hour or so,, with my long nails too i didnt think i'd have any skin left!

just this second tried to ring them again and they've said that they cant get onto the computers coz they're down atm, but will ring me back in half an hour with the full results...

im still itching today though... so what i dont understand is. if its not OC then what the hell is it and why am i itching?! :( dont think i can take this for another 3 weeks..

x x

just phoned day assessment unit again... they said that the bile acid results wont be back til tomorrow... but i've gotta go up tomorrow at 3pm anyway to go on the monitor so they can check that babys "happy" whatever they mean by that... but this itchings still driving me mad.. the woman on the phone said that it sounds like OC but she cant say for def until we get the bile acid results tomorrow. grrr.. hate itching.. what'll happen if it is OC??

xx

Hope your results come back clear, I had these tests done too and my Docs took ages to get them back and I ended up collecting them and taking them to a hospital appointment last Friday and they checked them for me plus done tests to check bile salt levels and these were back in a couple of hours, mine came back ok but I've still been itching like crazy too I have marks on my arms legs and feet from so much itching - my feet tend to be the worst. I have to go to my Docs again in the morning for repeat tests but as I'm 38 weeks now it makes me wonder what is the point! The results wont be back until at least Tuesday - I could have gone into labour by then anyway. Like you though I'm wondering why all this painful itching if it's not OC - I've never had the soles of my feet be this itchy in my life before. Good luck with your reslults and hope you find something out soon x

been up the hosp all day.. as i was itching they wanted me to go in..

went in.. they then phoned the lab for the bile results... and its high.. so i've got OC...

they've given me some tablets to try and reduce it.. i've gotta go back for repeat bloods on monday.. i've got another antenatal appointment on wednesday, so i'll have the results then and on that wednesday they said that they will be planning an induction!!

xx

:hugs: but don't worry, did they monitor you when went to hospital?

I found the best thing to stop the itching is magicool spray from boots.

As you are now very close to 37 weeks I would expect them to rush the bloods through on monday.

Don't worry about your induction either, I heard loads of bad stuff about them but TBH i was more relaxed and had an easier labour/birth than I did with Emily when I went naturally.

I'm always about if you want a chat or need info, though it was 4 yrs ago for me LOL

Yeah.. They Monitored Me Yesterday, And Today.. And They'll Wanna Monitor Me On Monday When I Go Up For Bloods...

I Just Want The Waiting Game To Be Over Now!!

xx

Oh thats good at least they seem to be on the ball with it, I used to take a magazine with me :)

Bit Of An Update....

Bloods On Monday, Results In Antenatal On Wednesday, And Will Be Discussing And Booking An Induction Then!!

Wooop!!

:)

xx

good luck! I got my repeat bloods today, results on Tuesday but going by pains I'm having I may not last that long.

Hiya girls/ladies,

I thought it important that i start this thread as I had this condition when i was PG with Jack and there was very little information about it.

We all know the signs to look for with Pre Eclampsia but non of the baby books i was given explained about this.

This condition can be a threatening one to both mum and baby if not treated correctly (please don't be scared).

I started with mild itching on my arms at about 30 weeks, my MW sent me for blood tests and it was OC.

Basically it is a blood/ liver disorder flow of bile is restricted as the liver is not fuctioning properly which leads to a build up of bile acids in the blood which is what causes the itching.
I was given steroids and various other pill and potions (15 a day in all!!) and monitered very closly and the delivered Jack at 37 weeks

The main signs to look for are ITCHINESS, TIREDNESS(i know we are more tired anyway!) and FEELING INCREASINGLY HOT

I thought it important to post this now as it could be confused with the warm weather and it would be better to be safe than sorry.

I am going to put some links up for you if you have any questions please feel free to ask either on here or PM me

https://www.britishlivertrust.org.uk/content/diseases/obstetic_cholestasis.asp
https://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068933/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/health/conditions/obstetriccholestasis1.shtml

www.itchymoms.com

thank you so much for your links there were very helpful, it seams that a lot of this symptoms are mine and it's worst a specially in the evening /night time I'm going to see what my doctor gonna say,wish me luck if you are interested i will update today :blush:

Best of luck darling :hugs:
Of course I want an update :)

Hi ladies just a quick one over the last couple of days my skin has become so so so so so so itchy enough to keep me up all night and drive me to tears,its all on my hands, feet, legs, arms and back and it doesnt get better with any creams, I am going to see the doc tomorrow does this sound like OC or just itching, I am a bit scared about it having c section next wed, if it is oc will they deliver earlier? thanks for listening

It does sound like it could be OC, you will need bloods doing to check.

Saying that though some woman do get extreme itching and it is just a pregnancy thing, but don't let them fob you off with that, you need bloods to check it

Good luck tomorrow :hugs:

went to see a doctor and as she is always so optimistic says that i will be ok gave me some cream with steroids and i have to ask her!!!! for a blood test which i will have next Monday. my husband is really scared because my body is so red and with a huge rush and evening and night is the worst ,right now I'm scratching my all body and crying in pain, am i ok or my bloody doctor doesn't know anything about OC :shrug:

Hmmm personally I don't like the soundof that
When is your next MW appointment?
My MW sent me straight to the hospital for my bloods done.

Asking you to wait nearly a week to have bloods is not on IMO
If the creams don't work I would go straight back and ask for a refferal to hospital

:hugs:

Hmmm personally I don't like the soundof that
When is your next MW appointment?
My MW sent me straight to the hospital for my bloods done.

Asking you to wait nearly a week to have bloods is not on IMO
If the creams don't work I would go straight back and ask for a refferal to hospital

:hugs:

my mw appoitment is acctually next week when i will be 31w3d and day before i 'm going for that blood test, i don't know how i will cope in that week :shrug:

Posted this is Gestational Complications but no-ones replied, can anyone help?

I was wondering if anyone who has had this could give me any advice..

My liver function test results have been consistently high for a while now, and now my bile acids are creeping up too.

Been to hospital today to have bloods repeated again ready to see my consultant next week - to see what we're going to do.

What were you're levels ( if you know ) Both liver test function ones and you're bile acids?

Were you induced early / was it controlled with meds?

I'm so bloody fed up, i'm on meds for my blood pressure and being monitored daily for that, I'm really anemic and feel pants from that and now this

xxx

Hiya
You'll have to bare with me as my deatails are a bit fuzzy now, but my levels( unsure which ones) hit 40+ at the end rather than the 14 which is the high end of safe

My levels were kept under control for a while with meds but as soon as they shot up steeply like that I was called to be induced the next day.

Ath the begining once OC was diagnosed I was given 2 steroid injections for Babys lungs to develop, i was moniteered and had bloods done 3 times a week.

they don't normally let you go over 37 weeks with OC even if med controlled

hope that answered your questions a little bit x

if i experience itchy hands and feet with red dots, could this be also OC ? also my hands and feet are swollena little to and its only at night and when i wake up the swelling goes down but the rash doesnt its still itches

It has came all of a sudden the last two days and is spreading on my hands and feet now my sides feel Prickly too..oh and my wrists too... it feels like prickly heat ?

Should i ring the midwife asap ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"