*Please Read* Obstetric Cholestasis

urs after 4th dose doesn't seem to very effective..3:40am I had to wake up due to severe itching and heartburn. ..I dunno what to do:(
My entire body seemed red n warm n itching only made me wanna itch my entire body until I bleed...

The Urso took 2 weeks for it to work for me. I thought it would never help me.. I also take Dexamethasone (a steroid) and Ambien for sleep. The combo of the 3 finally helped me after 2 weeks. Hang in there, I know exactly how this feels. i spent many sleepless nights crying with my feet in a cold basin of water..

Thks girls...
last night was horrible...I slept with icepak...even clothes irritate my skin...
it's winter n I go out without jacket or boots as cold wind helps...
I m going to beg my Dr on Tuesday to help ...I m convinced I have cholestasis and I m going to push for early delivery. ..I cannot continue my normal routine no more..I m affraid to be outside home as when itching starts...I need cold shower, meds, lotion, cotton clothes, ice pack...n if u r outside home u can't do all of that....this came from nowhere!!!

So sorry Jannah! That's how I "slept" too! Icepacks were the only thing that helped

Thks girls...
last night was horrible...I slept with icepak...even clothes irritate my skin...
it's winter n I go out without jacket or boots as cold wind helps...
I m going to beg my Dr on Tuesday to help ...I m convinced I have cholestasis and I m going to push for early delivery. ..I cannot continue my normal routine no more..I m affraid to be outside home as when itching starts...I need cold shower, meds, lotion, cotton clothes, ice pack...n if u r outside home u can't do all of that....this came from nowhere!!!

:hugs: If you need someone to talk with, feel free to send me a message. I know all too well what you're going through.

Thanks girls!!
I feel better just knowing I can vent here. ..I consider this worst part of my pregnancy. ..
Are u girls scheduled to be induced by 37 wks? I dunno if blood work comes normal, what I will do next..this is not a normal itch!!

Thanks girls!!
I feel better just knowing I can vent here. ..I consider this worst part of my pregnancy. ..
Are u girls scheduled to be induced by 37 wks? I dunno if blood work comes normal, what I will do next..this is not a normal itch!!

I don't have an exact date scheduled yet, but I just saw my doctor today and he said we for sure are going to deliver between 37-38 weeks. I am leaning more towards 37 weeks exactly. That still leaves me 10 weeks to go.

In regards to ice packs, I got those flexible ones and wrapped them around my feet at night and secured them with shoelaces. (My feet were always the WORST at night)
No lotions helped me. I tried the Sarna & Gold Bond. Ice and soaking in cold water was my only relief until the meds started to work.

I have the same ice pack..the one that can mold around your legs, arms etc...only ice pack helped me last night...my legs n arms r worst at night....
my 34 week appt is on Tuesday so I m thinking if I have the dx, I maybe delivering by 37 wks...which is 3wks away! I m just hoping I get the dx n they don't just tell me it's part of pregnancy
I use eucerin...after I take cold shower..pat dry body n I put eucerin so it can help heal the scratches...
than I put ice pack on rashes so they dunt leave marks n they calm down..even standing in front of freezer or garage helps lol

Another itchy night!! All I know is I kept waking up using lotion, ice pack, cold water...but at times, I was too tired to get up so I got more scratches now...seems like I m not getting good sleep no more...if I sleep, I have dreams n than I m awake by itches....
I have stopped using body wash, deodarant, sprays etc this week to see if that helps...been 4 says since blood work, no results yet...other than that feels like this itching has slowed down time for me...do u girls feel sameway?

That's the way I felt at my worst. The nights drug on forever. There I was wide awake, scratching myself bloody & crying while my husband and daughter slept soundly. I told my husband at one point that I wished I were dead. I meant that 100% at that time. Once we have our babies in our arms, this will all be just a bad memory.

Yeah I had this hard/short bristled brush I used to scratch myself. DH was horrified. I cried every night and emailed my OB at 3 am bc I was so desperate for relief. He would have delivered the day the results came in but I'd just eaten lunch. (Repeat c/s and breech again). It did get better quickly. I'm really curious if I'll have it this time.

My body is not liking anything beside cotton...even if I touch DH hair. ..my arms starts getting itchy...I m telling him not to touch me lol...
I have been just standing in garage with a nightgown cotton and it helps. ..if I dunt take med on time, itch is back...day timr works fine but night time it freaks me out...
did u feel due to itchy Ness n medicine, your baby movement is sporadic? I dunno if it's coz my sleep is messed up or something causing baby cycle change...
I was working an yr ago requiring Me to commute 4-hrs daily..I was miserable plus living with in laws...we moved out an year ago n I quite job...I think that help me to conceive...anyways I started looking for jobs closer to home and offcourse no luck but in last 2 mos I m getting interviews from nowhere..ppl have my resume..N these r dream jobs. ..I m so split...I have ppl wanting me to start etc...these jobs r closer to home but I dunt have any help for my monkey...I dunt know if daycare is good idea for such a newbie...but here maternity leave is 3weeks vs canada is 1yr...I dunno what to do!!

Hi ladies
hru
my blood work came back.normal...itching stopped day 5 of med..I m so lost!!!!

Jannah, what was your bile acid level? Also, are you still taking the Urso?

I m still taking urso till tuesday , my 34 week appt...
nurse said bile levels r normal..N nowhere close to borderline..
She couldn't explain y after 3 weeks of itching, urso resolved...

Sometimes the itching starts long before your bile levels rise. Do you know what your bile number was? Most labs in the US use 19 as the "normal" (that is for non pregnant people) Anything over 10 is not normal for us pregnant ladies.

Ladies I'm at loss!

My itching isn't constant and gets worse at night. Not my entire body but many parts of my body. My Drs said it's probably an allergen. Allergy testing showed a small reaction to dust and casein, but the dust seems to be what makes my nose runny and casein causes a rash (which I don't have).

A dermatologist said nothing on my skin or scalp seems off.

I'm trying to notice if there are triggers but it seems different every day, and gets worse in the evening.

My total bile acid results as of 3 weeks ago were 4.5, is it worth it to check again?

I think it is worth it to have them checked again. The levels can spike dramatically in the 3rd tri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->